SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the Seiko nicknames... who assigns these? Is that something Seiko gets started and lets run, or is it something that comes about from the Seiko fan community?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:...as turtles pretty much stay in water, except to lay their eggs...

That would be sea turtles. There are also terrestrial turtles.

"Turtles are widely distributed across the world's continents and oceans, being absent mainly from the polar regions, the northern parts of North America and Eurasia, and the driest regions of the Sahara, Arabia and Australia. There are terrestrial, fully aquatic, and semi-aquatic species, and within those realms they live in a wide range of habitats from pelagic (open ocean) to rivers, ponds, rainforest and deserts." -- Wikipedia

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
36mm of svelte streamlined goodness.
The latest release of the Explorer.

Note the trim lugs, and the 19mm to 14mm bracelet (16mm buckle).

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
It's here. Zelos Hammerhead III. A few pictures.

First impression: Well built. No Rolex, but then at $349.00 with free FedEx from Singapore, as good as it gets.
RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Apologies for the huge images. Been forced to Imgur from Fototime and don't yet know the full workings of it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Gorgeous Explorer r0gue, absolutely love the clean lines and no date. Perfect size for your wrist. Doesn't get any better than that!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Apologies for the huge images. Been forced to Imgur from Fototime and don't yet know the full workings of it.

RMD

Looks great! That Helm, though... love the aqua colored lume. How do you like it compared to the Helm so far? I know you just got it, but initial impressions, I guess.

Dunno about imgur, but I use http://postimg.cc/ and there’s an easy resize option when you select your picture file. Smile

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

RMD

Looks great! That Helm, though... love the aqua colored lume. How do you like it compared to the Helm so far? I know you just got it, but initial impressions, I guess.

Dunno about imgur, but I use http://postimg.cc/ and there’s an easy resize option when you select your picture file. Smile

The Helm is a bit smallish for me, but I do like it. Lume on it as good if not better than Seiko.

Time will tell with the Zelos. Too early yet. I will give postimg.cc a try. Imgur is not much fun.

Thanks,

RMD

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

RMD

Quick tip on IMGUR resizing photos...

Go to IMGUR and to your images, you should see all the images in a grid.

Hover the mouse over the image and then click the edit (pencil) icon.

Click the Grey Edit button

The image will appear in edit mode, in the top right of the image you will see the size numbers.

Edit the smallest number to no more than 480, it will auto change the other number to the correct ratio for that image, generally 640.

This is a decent size for the forum. You can go smaller if you like.

Click the Apply Button at the left side of the image

Click Save above the image and it will return to your image grid.

Click the image you want to post

Select the direct link line and click copy

Paste the copied information into the SF post using the image post icon...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
or when you click on your image, you get different size options. Click the size you want (red circle) and it changes the BBCode link to the correct size (blue circle.) Then clock "COPY" and then paste the link. It automatically adds the IMG tags. Large thumbnail is best for this forum, I think, but Huge Thumbnail isn't too bad.

Medium thumbnail:

Large thumbnail:

Huge thumbnail:

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
HRK and Yellowjacket:

Thanks guys!

RMD

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

That didn't take long. It is the right size for you. My 39mm looks about that size on my arm. Perhaps this one will stick around for you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So glad I held off for the Helm Komodo. A beautiful watch.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

That didn't take long. It is the right size for you. My 39mm looks about that size on my arm. Perhaps this one will stick around for you.

Yeah, this one is just uber-right for me. I do believe this is my "exit-watch", if you will. I'm done with this game.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous watches guys!! rOgue I LOVE that Explorer!!!

I’m back to looking at the 39.5 Planet Ocean in white. With a blue bezel insert it would be just perfect though I really like the all white. Ladies watch be damned I don’t care. White dial watches demand your attention and match just about everything. This watch looks incredible in low light with the lume all charged up and glowing bright blue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, this one is just uber-right for me. I do believe this is my "exit-watch", if you will. I'm done with this game.

It is beautiful!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m back to looking at the 39.5 Planet Ocean in white.

White dialed watches are few and far between.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am more interested in your Helm. I am on the list for a Komodo. Which lume did choose? Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m back to looking at the 39.5 Planet Ocean in white.

White dialed watches are few and far between.

Congrats r0gue! Your new Explorer is a beautiful watch and fits you well. Not sure if your "exit-watch" means you're done with this brand or collecting in general, but you've certainly demonstrated a keen level of knowledge, taste, and willingness to share it with us novices. Now if I can only find a 226570 Explorer II (Polar), the world will be right with me. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am more interested in your Helm. I am on the list for a Komodo. Which lume did choose? Thanks.

I got the white dial with the aqua lume. It about a 40MM case, so a bit undersized for me, but I can pull it off.

All in all, a very nice watch at a great price. The only difficulty is getting your hands on one. May your number come up soon.

RMD