SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
You know who else wouldn't back down? Colin Kaepernick.

If it's unclear to you, I'm not defending hypocrisy nor arguing about how things should be. I am talking about how things are and accepting the reality of one's situation.

Weak sauce, man. Very weak sauce.

Here is my take. I get your point and I agree but if she was surprised that she got fired then she wasn't very bright. I like her a lot and support and agree with her statement. My point is that from a career standpoint if she wanted to remain employed she should have known better. If she comes out and states that she would rather be unemployed than compromise her beliefs then I say bravo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5905 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So, wait, you're both "dave7378" and "iron chef?"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
1. Cancel disney+....check
2. Short sell disney stock....check

Ditto- There are limited ways to respond to the cancel culture; however I hope there are 100K+ cancelations of Disney+ today.

What's the old saying? Follow the money. If "we" don't pay for their product then eventually it will have to change.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
So how is anything she said/wrote this?

quote:

“Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable,” the statement continued.

She didn't write anything that denigrated any people based on their religious and cultural identities. It's demonstrably false. And this statement appears to have been published in an attempt to damage her reputation. I think she has a case of libel.

She compared what's going on with the left's cancel culture to what happened in Nazi Germany.

Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal did exactly the same thing from a leftist point of view and Disney did nothing. I guess Disney doesn't believe in equality after all.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
quote:

If it's unclear to you, I'm not defending hypocrisy nor arguing about how things should be. I am talking about how things are and accepting the reality of one's situation.

Well, the way things are, is completely unacceptable. Maybe sympathy isn't the right word, but I think admiration is. The net is closing in around all those who want to speak the truth, period. This is way beyond Lucas film and Gina Carano. What she said in this last statement is only controversial because it is the truth and the truth scares these people to death. Should we go out without so much as a whimper?

How often do we hear, "Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of your speech?"

Carano stood up for her convictions. Good for her. She's also unemployed now, and her agency just dropped her. Kaepernick transitioned himself into a professional SJW; maybe Carano can do something similar. Maybe she can start a podcast, speaking tour, or crowdfund.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
You know who else wouldn't back down? Colin Kaepernick.

Weak sauce, man. Very weak sauce.

What is the difference between their situations other than you agree w/ one celebrity's opinions and not the other's?

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
"“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - Orwell

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
quote:

Well, the way things are, is completely unacceptable. Maybe sympathy isn't the right word, but I think admiration is. The net is closing in around all those who want to speak the truth, period. This is way beyond Lucas film and Gina Carano. What she said in this last statement is only controversial because it is the truth and the truth scares these people to death. Should we go out without so much as a whimper?

How often do we hear, "Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of your speech?"

Carano stood up for her convictions. Good for her. She's also unemployed now, and her agency just dropped her. Kaepernick transitioned himself into a professional SJW; maybe Carano can do something similar. Maybe she can start a podcast, speaking tour, or crowdfund.

Just another example of what a bunch of psychotic and dangerous people they are. If you don't agree with the left they want you to disappear. There can be no dissent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5905 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
"“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - Orwell

I cancelled my subscription and let them know exactly why (due to this BS), when I did so. I'm Jewish and posted the same pic she did, for the same reasons.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m so done with the Mouse house & it’s brand of politics. Never cared for Iger when he was CEO. World class dick..

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Hollywood has long been a den of faggotry, this shouldn’t be surprising, and still giving them money at this point is cringeworthy.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
This has been brewing for months now. Something about trans stuff this past fall and people wanting her fired because she believes there's such a thing as X and Y chromosomes. You know, science?

Anyways, this is more of the political push to silence the right. Repeatedly arguing that it's the same thing as Kaepernick is a bit of a false equivalency, to my mind. One side is pushing the other. Who's Gina pushing? Nobody. Justify it how you like, but this isn't simply a case of "I like what she says, so I'm going to advocate treatment for her that I wouldn't for him" like you propose.

Disney evidently didn't learn, so they're going to keep touching the stove. Hey fuckos, it's not that simple. You can't just throw down with the social justice crowd because you like their flavor and expect that all the rest of us have to also. I really wanted to watch The Mandalorian, but I'm not going to pay Disney doodley squat.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Gina voiced her opinions on her own time away from the office so to speak. Clapdick took a huge shit on this country in front of millions on company time and company property. Those 2 scenarios are as comparable as moon rocks and flamingos. A few of you are grasping hard to show any similarities with the 2.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The thing is, she didn't denigrate or say anything bad about anyone.

What she said (by quoting someone else BTW) was that getting people to hate others for their political beliefs can lead to bad things.

And Disney proved her right by firing her! The hypocrisy is astounding. Disney is literally performing the first step in what she was warning about. Unreal.

Heard she got signed by a studio here in Dallas to develop and direct her own movie. Good for her and good for the studio.

Time to cancel the cancelers.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Now Hasbro is dumping her toy figures. WTF is wrong with people these days.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
This shit is going to hit a critical mass soon. Reasonable left of center people are beginning to complain about this now too. I have a friend in 1990 who went out there to try to make it. He did okay. Worked as a stand in for three of four shows for about 20 years. Was in front of the camera a couple of times with no speaking roles. I told him 30 years ago don't talk politics ever. Gotta know the dragon you're on you know.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Daily Wire is at least standing up to these cancel culture punks. They have picked up Gina Carano to work with them on a film project.

I had been thinking about signing up with The Daily Wire with a subscription as I really do enjoy their content. This move by Ben Shapiro and the rest of the gang there has convinced me that it is the right time to support them.

Gina Carano STRIKES BACK: Fired Star Wars star slams cancel culture, announces new project with Shapiro's Daily Wire

Gina Carano is already back on her feet after having been booted from Disney on Wednesday. On Friday, she announced a new deal with the Daily Wire to make a movie.

Critics are calling her firing from Disney politically motivated, since she is openly conservative and a Trump supporter. She clashed with people on social media regularly over politics, the lockdowns, and the use of pronouns, among other things.

"Hollywood cancelled @ginacarano for being conservative. That's bullshit. So we're fighting back. Become a DW member today with promo code GINA for 25% off, and join the cultural resistance," said the Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro in his tweet.

Said Carano in an interview:

"The Daily Wire is helping make one of my dreams — to develop and produce my own film — come true. I cried out and my prayer was answered. I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can't cancel us if we don't let them."

"We could not be more excited to be working with Gina Carano, an incredible talent dumped by Disney and Lucasfilm for offending the authoritarian Hollywood Left. This is what Daily Wire exists to do: provide an alternative not just for consumers, but for creators who refuse to bow to the mob," commented Shapiro, excited about the deal.

"We're eager to bring Gina's talent to Americans who love her, and we’re just as eager to show Hollywood that if they want to keep cancelling those who think differently, they'll just be helping us build the X-wing to take down their Death Star."

Indeed, there is a possibility that the move may very well backfire on Disney, as cancelling them is also now trending.

https://thepostmillennial.com/...-shapiros-daily-wire

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think Louder with Crowder also extended an employment invitation to her.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I think Louder with Crowder also extended an employment invitation to her.

Yup! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
She will be fine. I think a lot of people will look at what the regressives did to her and the message might start to sink in.

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post