SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It was campy for me. At least the Jar Jar type character is not annoying and isn't a pet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Pirates of the Caribbean reject space pirate covered in blue-green seaweed. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That episode was short as hell. It also seemed a bit unlikely that that much of that droid could have survived that blast. I guess they really knew how to make ‘em back then. Still, the whole point of self-destructing was so that others couldn’t get tech designs from it…

Oh yeah, and Disney sucks by the way. Didn’t want to feel left out.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It was campy for me. At least the Jar Jar type character is not annoying and isn't a pet.

DID YOU JUST CALL BABY YODA A JAR JAR TYPE?????
May the fleas of a thousand Banthas infest your armpits!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Underwhelming if not a disappointing season opener.

The ceremony with the Children of the Watch doing the helmet ceremony was looking promising, then things go to shit with the turtle-croc attack.
Why does it go to shit? ...because these Mandalorian's, allegedly respected & feared warriors galaxy-wide, born from a martial tradition and culture, failed to do ANYTHING to warrant that reputation. Typical of all Star Wars movies, zero tactics, zero skills; lets fly around, then land on the back of this beast, where its armor is thickest, and attach some explosive charges...anybody guess how that would work out? Let's shoot our grappling hook-cables into the side of this animal...then what? So metal hooks can penetrate the skin of this thing but, lasers aren't burning-out hunks of flesh...? Anybody thought to toss a bunch of charges INTO the mouth of the monster?

Sigh...there's seven more episodes remaining, please let there be more depth and quality.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that Baby Yoda (yeah, I know, Grogu) you are talking about or somebody else?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would think that the Mandalorians would have some knowledge of a giant monster living in the lake, so it seems really dangerous and stupid to perform ceremonies in it. They acted like this thing was a total suprise. WTF! Where did that come from?
And Mando just has to have that particular Droid, which btw, miraculously survived an enormous explosion. I'm all in for an assassin Droid but, really...

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
You would think that the Mandalorians would have some knowledge of a giant monster living in the lake, so it seems really dangerous and stupid to perform ceremonies in it. They acted like this thing was a total suprise. WTF! Where did that come from?

Yeah, they harpoon it, but don't know about the 'death roll.' Nobody thinks to throw the explosives down it's VERY wide open mouth.

**SPOILERS**
I thought it was neat, as it looked like a flashback to Mando's initiation when he was a child, only for him to come in with guns blazing to save the day. . .
**SPOILERS**

quote:

And Mando just has to have that particular Droid, which btw, miraculously survived an enormous explosion. I'm all in for an assassin Droid but, really...

I agree, that was stupid. He 'doesn't trust ANY other droid,' but he somehow trusts the droid that tried to kill Baby Yoda right in front of him enough to STILL want him repaired. So, suppose they DO fix him with the 'reformed' memory of being a good/nanny droid - how can he trust the droid wouldn't revert to 'Murderbot 2000?'

Overall, it was not as good as many other episodes, but MUCH better than any other current Star Wars shows besides some of the Andor episodes and the 2 good episodes of Boba Fett (I mean, "The Mandalorian Season 2.5, with special guest appearance by Boba Fett").

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He wanted that particular droid because IG-11 was is an assassin droid with combat tactics programmed into it and it proved itself to be trustworthy. He can't use a protocol droid or astromech droid. Mando doesn't trust droids at all, so if he's going to use a droid, he's going to seek out the one droid he knows he can work with.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Mando doesn't trust droids at all, so if he's going to use a droid, he's going to seek out the one droid he knows he can work with.

But that's my point - he CAN'T trust IG-11 (at least, he shouldn't), since his first act on reactivation was to attempt murder on Baby Yoda. How could Mando trust that the 'reformed personality' takes hold, since we just saw the 'murder personality' IS STILL THERE in his programming. . .

I know, it will work out in the end, but it seems like awfully lazy writing to me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Is that Baby Yoda (yeah, I know, Grogu) you are talking about or somebody else?

I’m assuming he’s talking about the Anzellen droid repair creature (same species as Babu Frik in The Rise of Skywalker).

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I’m assuming he’s talking about the Anzellen droid repair creature (same species as Babu Frik in The Rise of Skywalker).

As dumb as those things are, I'm willing to give a pass as the creators aren't going to be able to toss everything from the prequels and I'm sure they need to satisfy some merchandising demands higher up want.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:

DID YOU JUST CALL BABY YODA A JAR JAR TYPE?????
May the fleas of a thousand Banthas infest your armpits!

No, the repair pet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New episode out. Pretty slow, and a bit dark. Mando needs to have his life saved not once, but twice, by Bo-Katan. He’s got to find a way to get the Darksaber to her as he’s pretty much an embarrassment with it.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Scenes were dark but this one gave a lot of history for ordinary viewers not familiar with it already.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This episode may be my all-time favorite for all 3 seasons of Mando. It was a great story, and the visuals were stunning.

I really hope they keep it up.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What the hell was the crab-Dalek-cyborg thing?

The mythosaur was very Lovecraftian. Nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

General Grievous?

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

General Grievous?

My nephew said the same thing.

However, I think it was just some sort of critter surviving in the post-apocalyptic hell-scape of a destroyed city, surviving on scraps and whatever random passers-by come his way. . . I mean, I know this is Disney Wars we are talking about, but not everything has to be a cameo from a previous movie.

Based on all the helmets there, he had been doing that for a very long time.

posted Hide Post
quote:

The mythosaur was very Lovecraftian. Nice.

I’m sure it will have a name and full backstory soon, if not already. Expect a limited edition origin story series coming to Disney + next year.