SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, I have a tin of this:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna have to give that soap a try. My bad news for the week was my local Albertson's figured out they mislabeled their Russel's Reserve 10 year at $18.99 a bottle. At least I picked up a case before it went to $45.99.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.buffalotracedistil...jEAQYASABEgI8Z_D_BwE

I'm, just going to leave this right here...

Excellent blend of a good coffee with a nice bourbon flavor.
Unfortunately only on line and only K-cups.

I think it's the only coffee in our office right now.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
Really good coffee. Picked some up while we were at Buffalo Trace this past April.

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 186 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
I tried Belle Meade Reserve Bourbon for the first two nights ago. Man that stuff is good. To bad it has been discontinued.

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 186 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean -- anyone love it?

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Vthoky,

I have a bottle and it's nothing special, at least for my taste. It wasn't cheap either, there's just not much going on. I'm using it for when others come over or in the infrequent chance I want a mixed drink.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9696 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean -- anyone love it?

Overrated and not that great. In that price range you have many better options.

I am normally a Bourbon guy, but also enjoy a good peated dram of Islay Scotch from time to time. Ardbeg Uigeadail is excellent.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Mike and HK, thank you.

I believe you've just saved me $85. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to start a new thread. I bought a bottle of bourbon from a distiller
in Newport Ky. I opened it and it doesn't have a real cork, plastic thing. I poured a
drink and put the "cork" about halfway into the bottle. About 15 minutes later I heard a pop
and the cork flew out about 1 foot from the bottle, put it slightly back in and it blew out again.
I switched from beer to Bourbon seven or eight years ago, and never seen that, but I had to laugh.
It's a good Bourbon, there's no carbonation in Bourbon is there?

Posts: 963 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Fresh off the last Bourbon Trail run. Two or more boxes every run.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got hold of a bottle of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend. I like the Joseph Magnus Triple Cask and have looked for one of these for a while.

Vthoky, I got lucky and just bought a pint of the Jeffersons Ocean because of mixed reviews. Thank God I only paid 40 instead of the 85 for a fifth. I think it is terrible and have not been able to give it away. I have had other Jeffersons and like it but the Ocean is just not good.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that, Marcuhoss.

I had a sip (or two) of the Jefferson's Reserve tonight and enjoyed it, but I think I won't spend any more time looking for the Ocean.

God bless America.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Any hidden gem liquor stores in the Myrtle Beach area? I’ve found exactly ONE that’s in Cherry Grove that has E H Taylor, Stagg, Weller, etc and that asshole had the Taylor priced at $600.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Any hidden gem liquor stores in the Myrtle Beach area? I’ve found exactly ONE that’s in Cherry Grove that has E H Taylor, Stagg, Weller, etc and that asshole had the Taylor priced at $600.

Which Taylor did he have at $600?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9696 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Small Batch

He had Weller Special Reserve priced similarly.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Small Batch

He had Weller Special Reserve priced similarly.

Yeah, that's stupid. A new shop opened down the street, they had a small batch and wanted $125 for it, I thought THAT was nuts.

NRA Life Member

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, EHT Small Batch is really good, IMO.

I am fortunate to live 90 minutes from BT.

I would struggle paying more than $60, as I believe there are a lot of really great bottles available for my pallet, in that $60 range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P-220,

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got me hooked on the Col. E. H. Taylor years ago when it was stacked 6 deep in the shelf for $36-$42 a bottle.

I remember grabbing them 2 at a time.

Then the Forbes article. Mad

(I may or may not have a few bottles stashed here and there.)

There is no way I'm paying $100 per bottle. $600?!?! For the regular small batch? No way.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local store gets Weller Special Reserve once in a while and puts it out for $33. Picked up one yesterday. Nice inexpensive pour.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post