SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rant of the day…

Stopped into a hole in the wall liquor store in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.

Chatted with the clerk for a while and asked if they happen to have any Blantons or Buffalo trace available, he replied “yeah, the boss has rows and rows of both of them upstairs in the locked room, I don’t know why she never puts them out”.

Seriously this is the only liquor store for miles, in a population of about 13, and this place has cases of Blantons and Buffalo trace hidden away.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Rant of the day…

Stopped into a hole in the wall liquor store in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.

Chatted with the clerk for a while and asked if they happen to have any Blantons or Buffalo trace available, he replied “yeah, the boss has rows and rows of both of them upstairs in the locked room, I don’t know why she never puts them out”.

Seriously this is the only liquor store for miles, in a population of about 13, and this place has cases of Blantons and Buffalo trace hidden away.

First of all I call bullshit...I dont believe her.

Secondly if it is true then they are selling it online for 2-3x the reqular price!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Secondly if it is true then they are selling it online for 2-3x the reqular price!!

the owner called the clerk while I was talking to him, and he actually asked if he could sell me a bottle. The owner claimed she had the only key. My guess is you are right, she is telling that shit online.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are always those places that are more like bourbon museums that stores. Charge $160 for a bottle of Blanton's and $1000 for Old Rip Van Winkle. Sad thing is, someone will always stumble along and be willing to pay that.

I can proudly say I've never spent over $100 for a bottle of bourbon. Could have bought a Russell's 13 year for $170 and almost did but I can get decent enough bottles and not break the bank. Let someone else enjoy it.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Our neighborhood bar has a better selection of Buffalo Trace created bourbons than most of the high-end joints in town…

IMG_3217

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I finished two bottles of Weller 12 Yr. The bitter aftertaste was excessive. The new higher price is also excessive.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I tried Stagg for the first time, I think I prefer that over the Blantons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I don’t get the bitter aftertaste on my Weller 12 year. My local place still sells at retail. I think it was $69. That being said I think I prefer the Stagg over the Weller 12 year. Different pours considering one is 90 proof and the other is 127. The Weller Antique 107 is still probably
My favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I finished two bottles of Weller 12 Yr. The bitter aftertaste was excessive. The new higher price is also excessive.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Which Michters is a good buy?

I see it occasional in the grocery store butIm not sure which. BT is on the shelves often. About $25.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Just got a bottle of Antique 107. I went secondary but not a huge price. Local guy. Paid right about what I’ve paid retail for my Full Proof.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Which Michters is a good buy?

I see it occasional in the grocery store butIm not sure which. BT is on the shelves often. About $25.

Michters American is a favorite of mine and I really enjoy the rye too (it’s a low rye rye and makes a great old fashioned).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post