SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by majik61:
How much does a barrel cost

I have not seen the pricing for this year.

However, here are some of the prices from the 2021:

Buffalo Trace--min age 7 yrs.--Avg bottles 201--Price $5,025.

Eagle Rare--10 yr.--Avg bottles 180---Price $5,400

Stagg Jr.--8yr--Avg. bottles 156--Price $7,800

Weller Antique--6 yrs.--Avg bottles 192--Price $9,600

Weller Full Proof--6 yrs.--avg bottles 174--Price $8,700.

Blanton's--6 yrs.--avg bottles 217--Price $13,020

This is just a sampling of the prices from the 12.01.2021 event.

The 2022 Single Barrel Select event was postponed a couple of days before they decided to change the format.

There are not nearly the number of offerings that there were in 2021, and I anticipate the pricing will be more expensive.

I buy some single barrel picks at Some what local Liquor store and they was talking that they have to pay A distributer to bring back into Indiana for them. or maybe that might be just because or resale

Posts: 1602 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Shit! I'm in on a barrel split...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
All these years on this forum and I’ve missed the Bourbon Thread?!?

I see many of my fellow cigar smokers in here so it’s nice to see some familiar faces! Buffalo Trace used to be my everyday bourbon, in fact there was a time that I would buy it by the case from HyVee and use it for my Old Fashioned Barrel Aged recipe that I had. Now I don’t see it here much at all, occasionally I’ll make a trip into Wisconsin and find some.

Now my Old fashions are made with Bulliet Rye and I don’t mess with the barrels as much…too much evaporation.

I’ve been drinking Dalmore, but Knob Creek will always hold a special place in my heart as it is the first ‘nicer’ bourbon that I was able to try.

I was gifted a bottle of Calumet Farms 15 and found it to be absolutely fantastic, I then purchased an 8 year and it is equally delicious.

Typically do my bourbons neat, but occasionally will do over ice on a warm evening. I used to mess around and make clear ice (kinda clear anyway), but now my local liquor stores sells them so I tend to cheat and buy theirs.

All for now, I’ll try not to interrupt too many of the ongoing conversations and will participate and share as I can.

This is a pic I took a few months ago of my currently supply…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
Can anyone enter the drawing and if so, how?

This year, you are given points based on how long you have been a member. I have 7 points.

It is a live event happening now, they have selected the first 16 of 54. No, I was not selected yet.

So far, I am a fan of the event.

Anyone else watching?

If not a member, you can join now. They said there will be an opportunity to earn an extra point by filling out a survey about the event.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Molly Wellman is there.

She is kind of a fixture in the Cincinnati area, regarding mixed drinks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
There were over 200,000 entries. One of the Winners was actually there at the event #359.

They indicated there may be another event in July.

Again, I thought the production was very well done.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Just talked to my Son in San Francisco. He found three bottles of Eagle Rare at a local store there, for $38.00 each. He bought two of them. I told him to go back and buy the third. Eagle Rare remains one of my favorites.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Larceny in heart, and in my glass…

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3095 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Just talked to my Son in San Francisco. He found three bottles of Eagle Rare at a local store there, for $38.00 each. He bought two of them. I told him to go back and buy the third. Eagle Rare remains one of my favorites.

it is showing up Around here at the
Grocery stores

Posts: 1602 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random observation-

I enjoy bourbon neat, but many scotches are just too ‘mediciney’ for me without a cigar. A few minutes into a cigar any my palate changes enough to absolutely appreciate a good scotch.

The 3 noticeable exceptions to this for me are the Isle of Jura 18, Balvene 12, and the Dalmore Cigar Malt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My observation is that I haven't found a scotch I like! Lol

Seriously though. All of the ones I have tried are lowland? Peat and smoke and yuck! Like when you were a kid and fell in the playground. I much prefer bourbon to that. However, I've been told the highland? is more like a bourbon. Idk, guess I'm a little chicken to try them.

I don't remember the proper terminology. If it isn't high and lowland, please forgive me and correct me.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Now my Old fashions are made with Bulliet Rye and I don’t mess with the barrels as much…too much evaporation.

Bulliet Rye was the menu OF at a local bar, quite liked it.
Redemption Rye at our company Christmas party made a good OF as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
My observation is that I haven't found a scotch I like! Lol

Seriously though. All of the ones I have tried are lowland? Peat and smoke and yuck! Like when you were a kid and fell in the playground. I much prefer bourbon to that. However, I've been told the highland? is more like a bourbon. Idk, guess I'm a little chicken to try them.

I don't remember the proper terminology. If it isn't high and lowland, please forgive me and correct me.

Spey-side scotch do not have peat

This is one of my favorites, you guys have mentioned Japanese whisky yet.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Scored me a bottle of Weller Full Proof in the Utah draw. $50. I’m excited to try it but I’m waiting for an opportunity to get the boys together. A couple like cigars. One likes pipes. All are fairly novice with bourbon and whiskey but it’s fun to share a bit.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification Gator.

The bourbon community is a lot like the cigar community. Share and spread the wealth!

I am sipping on some Buffalo Trace while smoking an Espinosa knuckle sandwich Maduro at the moment.

I was approached by someone today that is a member of a local bourbon club with a possible chance to sample some barrel samples for a "club" barrel pick. Needless to say, I didn't turn it down!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I am sipping on some Buffalo Trace

Well-earned. Enjoy! Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Off to Louisville

Hitting Churchill Downs, Makers Mark with my golden ticket and Jim Beam

Hopefully I'll have some good loot to brag about Big Grin

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Off to Louisville

Hitting Churchill Downs, Makers Mark with my golden ticket and Jim Beam

Hopefully I'll have some good loot to brag about Big Grin

Buy extra and you can deliver on your way home!

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Bulliet Rye was the menu OF at a local bar, quite liked it.
Redemption Rye at our company Christmas party made a good OF as well.

Many years ago I was invited to a cigar/Bulleit tasting event. This was about the time that Bulliet was being introduced to the US (late 90’s)?

I got this glass at that event and it goes with me just about everywhere. Very sturdy -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Nice,
I still need to invest in some decent glasses

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post