SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Anyone try the Woodford Master Collection No 18? Saw some for $129 the other day.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Anyone try the Woodford Master Collection No 18? Saw some for $129 the other day.

Have not seen that on in my area. Is that a Batch Proof?

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 186 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Party Source in Newport, KY had 5 bottles this morning. $130.00. I passed, as this is more than I spend on most Bourbons I buy.

On a side note, I did stop at Red Bank Liquors in Fairfax because the OHLQ site showed they had Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star 1.75l in stock.

I scored 2 handles of AAA10 Star.

This is a favorite of mine, no flames please.

I find this to be a pretty strong value for a 3+ year old BT product from the #2 Mash Bill.

It is a pretty solid 90 proof, that I can drink neat, or use as mixer.

Yes, when compared side by side to other #2 mash Bill products, its immaturity comes through.

But for the price, I buy it whenever I see it.

The handle comes in a plastic bottle with a screw off plastic cap. The liter version is a little more refined and comes in a glass bottle with a screw top.

$14.99 for a liter and $24.99 for a handle.

Anyone else a fan of AAA10 Star?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
Have not had that since the 70's. Mom used the AA10 for mixing Whiskey Sours.

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 186 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week's haul:

The Bulleit is 60%! Says its uncut - limited edition. I like regular Bulleit so figured I would give this barrel strength a try. EH Taylor is my favorite on the rocks, and I figured a bottle of Weller wouldn't go to waste either. Smile

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
Nice haul Roy. I have never even seen E.H. Taylor where I live.

posted Hide Post
I've got a neighborhood group that gets together occasionally to sip and share. We have a theme for our next get together...bottom shelf (under $30). Do any of the bourbon experts here ever venture down to the lower end of the sprirt and have something to recommend?

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
I've got a neighborhood group that gets together occasionally to sip and share. We have a theme for our next get together...bottom shelf (under $30). Do any of the bourbon experts here ever venture down to the lower end of the sprirt and have something to recommend?

If you can get your hands on a bottle of Early Times Bottled in Bond it is pretty good. Last one I got was $29.01 after tax and it comes in a 1 liter bottle.

Even a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 is in that price range and a pretty damn good cheap pour.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:

IMO, lots of really good Bourbons for less than $30.00.

Weller Special Reserve is $22.95 here in Cincy and if you give me 2 weeks, I can always buy at least one bottle.

I believe BT is $25.00 here in Cincy and like Weller Special Reserve, is regularly available.

Hard to go wrong with WT 101 and I believe it is available just about everywhere.

As mentioned in previous posts, Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star is a favorite of mine. IMO, it is not as good as the three mentioned above, but at $15.00 for a liter, it represents a pretty strong value.

I have taken part in a couple of blind tastes and it is an excellent way to learn what you like.

I am hoping to have a 10 year tasting, a single barrel tasting and a small batch tasting this Summer.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Old Charter 8 is like $16-$18. Pretty mello, low octane, no ice needed but it's good. It's a Buff Trace product.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
Benchmark Barrel Proof

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majik61:
Benchmark Barrel Proof

I have had some of that, pretty decent. From BT as well

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Benchmark Barrel Proof

I have had some of that, pretty decent. From BT as well

I have not tried it yet. Some call it Stagg JR JR JR

Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have picked up a couple of bottles but haven’t tried it yet.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I second the Early Times Bottles in Bond and would add JTS Brown Bottled in Bond at about 16.00 if you can find it.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
We have a distillery in Dripping Springs, Texas that bottles, "Day Drinkers" bourbon. Nice and smooth.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The Buffalo Trace Single Barrel Select Drawing takes place this evening.

Is anyone else in?

I have participated since 2020, but never won the opportunity to buy a barrel.

The program changed significantly this year, in how the winners are selected.

I am not very optimistic, but always entertaining, and hey, who knows?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
How much does a barrel cost

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much does a barrel cost

I have not seen the pricing for this year.

However, here are some of the prices from the 2021:

Buffalo Trace--min age 7 yrs.--Avg bottles 201--Price $5,025.

Eagle Rare--10 yr.--Avg bottles 180---Price $5,400

Stagg Jr.--8yr--Avg. bottles 156--Price $7,800

Weller Antique--6 yrs.--Avg bottles 192--Price $9,600

Weller Full Proof--6 yrs.--avg bottles 174--Price $8,700.

Blanton's--6 yrs.--avg bottles 217--Price $13,020

This is just a sampling of the prices from the 12.01.2021 event.

The 2022 Single Barrel Select event was postponed a couple of days before they decided to change the format.

There are not nearly the number of offerings that there were in 2021, and I anticipate the pricing will be more expensive.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
Can anyone enter the drawing and if so, how?

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post