SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hmm, another episode of Mandalorian 2.5 in a show about Boba Fett. At least Boba was in his own show for a few seconds, although he didn’t have any dialog. But it did slightly advance the Boba Fett plot line, even though it was much more about the Mandalorian plot line. Fan service and cameos were heavy in this episode.

BTW, you’d think Boba’s Palace would have better security after Black Krrsantan got in and somehow managed to not rip anyones arm off, but I guess not. You can apparently just fly an unknown fighter into the garage, tell the Gammoran Guard who waddles over that they are there at the request of Fennec Shand, and that’s good enough for free access.

Just one more episode left.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Damn good episode! I guess the blue cowboy guy was from the animated series. My son (11 years old) told me he was a bounty hunter.

At this point, I'm just happy to have a good episode.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5519 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Damn good episode! I guess the blue cowboy guy was from the animated series. My son (11 years old) told me he was a bounty hunter.

Bane is a good addition.

Posts: 11414 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Cad Bane.
He pretty much constructed himself-up to defeat Jedi's. The air hoses connected to his head, is due to a pipe he inserted so his esophagus so it can't be crushed by a Force user. The dent in Boba Fett's helmet is courtesy of Cad Bane.

Thankfully, another episode NOT directed by Robert Rodriguez, and elevated by Dave Filoni himself. Unfortunately, Rodriquez gets the nod for the season ending episode, prepare for a cringe-fest Mad

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Cad Bane is awesome! That scene alone made the episode for me. And the flying sequences with Mando's ship were awesome. Loved the pops of dust as he landed across the mixed surface This was a great episode.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...TzMaPuoN2T0I1a3ZyiSs

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Seeing his stride out of the desert was awesome.

His hat needs to be a bit bigger though. Since he trained Fett when he was a boy, could be an interesting fight.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
E5 was a waste, total waste. Could have been just the last five minutes (in fact, wife and I watched the whole thing because we didn't remember it and both agreed, only the last five minutes was needed and that lady was REALLY over acting her character).

E6 was very good but, what the point of showing Grogu other than to give Mark Hamil some more money/royalties?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Cad Bane.
He pretty much constructed himself-up to defeat Jedi's. The air hoses connected to his head, is due to a pipe he inserted so his esophagus so it can't be crushed by a Force user.

Big Grin And I laughed out loud when I saw those air hoses because they are straight-up ResMed CPAP hoses. I guess the prop department liked their look:

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Cad Bane.
He pretty much constructed himself-up to defeat Jedi's. The air hoses connected to his head, is due to a pipe he inserted so his esophagus so it can't be crushed by a Force user.

Big Grin And I laughed out loud when I saw those air hoses because they are straight-up ResMed CPAP hoses. I guess the prop department liked their look

The best part is if you ever meet and chat with any of those props-guys, they'll gladly tell you the background and how they came about fashioning their creations.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
one of the robots in the kitchen scene looked like they literally just took the top off a kitchen aid mixer.

Also, I guess the new 'protocol' droid is the torture droid from Return of the Jedi?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Both of those droids are droids from Return of The Jedi.

That one is EV-9D9. And yes, it’s a Kitchenaid mixer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That episode was better. Luke's dialog and CG acting are pretty lame.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Seeing his stride out of the desert was awesome.

His hat needs to be a bit bigger though. Since he trained Fett when he was a boy, could be an interesting fight.
At first I was like who the heck is that, then I was I think it’s Cad Bane, after which I was Oh Shit!, it’s Cad Bane!

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Luke's dialog and CG acting are pretty lame.

I was actually glad to see how improved it was compared with his initial appearance in the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Ep 6:

Luke: "Choose Grogu, between your cool-as-shit loving dad or this fancy green lightsaber"!

Grogu: "My dad cares enough to give me magic mithril-bestar Mandalorian chainmail just like Frodo the Hobbit used to wear, while you won't even let me eat a damn frog. My dad even has a way cooler black lightsaber than that cheap-ass piece-of-shit old green flashlight you're trying to bribe me with.

Luke: "But I will also train you in the ways of the Jedi where you don't get to care or love anyone, have sex, have kids, or even live in a home nicer than a shit pile of rocks."

Grogu: Eat shit Luke, I already have this force thing going on. You're just jealous because it's natural to me, unlike you're lame ass attempt at racial and genetic appropriation. So what if it's not quite as good as yours yet, it'll get better as I grow and at least I'll get laid one day; unlike you stupid Jedi's! Plus I get to wear the cool new mithril bestar hobbit chainmail your piece of shit blue flashlight can't even cut through. And guess what, when I get older, I'll get the full magic Mandalorian armor setup with an awesome micro-nuke missile on the back like my Uncle Boba's suit has. Ain't going to deflect that kind of firepower with your gay-ass blue flashlight are you!"

Luke: "Training with me will bring you balance!"

Grogu: "Uh-huh.. really? WTF I care about balance? I'm still a kid! I just want to hang with my awesome dad and eat some frogs and shit. Why would I want to be one of the last couple Jedi, who nobody knows or gives as shit about anymore? Look at you? Your supposed to be the ultimate Jedi, yet you live in the forest, got no money, and think you're cool because you got a little of the force and can run around doing half-ass Tik Tok level parkour moves while waving around a stupid blue flashlight.. Well fuck off! I already got the force without your pathetic help thanks to my superior racial genetics, and at least my dad cares about me and didn't try to screw me over like yours did."

Luke: ... But, but, Jedi. And, and, force balance.

Grogu: "Dude.. Look at what's become of your life.. Your were once the hero of the galaxy and now you're a fucking joke nobody. Hell your own own nephew hates you because of your shitty ass Jedi training.. I ain't wasting my time with a dumb shit like you. Losersaywhat!?"

Luke: "What?"

Grogu: "Just give me my awesome Hobbit chainmail, and get the hell out of my face! You can keep your shitty rainbow bright gay-colored flashlights! And tell my dad to pick me up in his cool chick-magnet ride! Jedi this, dumb ass!"

Posts: 4366 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

I was actually glad to see how improved it was compared with his initial appearance in the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian.

The CGI face when he isn’t talking is better, but there still seems to be issues during actual speech. I wonder if the dialog has to be delivered in a certain way due to limitations of the CGI.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

The CGI face when he isn’t talking is better, but there still seems to be issues during actual speech. I wonder if the dialog has to be delivered in a certain way due to limitations of the CGI.

It looks better than the end of the last season of the Mandalorian.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
[Amusing hypothetical conversation]

I firmly believe that Grogu will turn down Luke's offer to teach him the ways of the Jedi. Actually, I'm wondering when Luke is supposed to start training Ben...He's only about five years old, at the point in time when The Mando-Fett-Book occurs. And we all know how that's gonna end.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still puzzled by a species that can't be self sufficient after 50 years. Yoda was what? 900 years old when he died? How long does it take for them to learn how to walk, talk, eat, be self sufficient, etc? I can't imagine one day he's going to snap out of it and start talking fluently. Is it going to take another 50-100 years before he's developed enough to speak and think like an adolescent? It makes no sense to me yet everyone just accepts it like it's perfectly normal for a sentient being to live 50 years and it's still as helpless as a baby.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, perhaps we should be thinking of him as a feral child. Maybe he's been without parents and hasn't had a proper education. What he knows to do, he's figuring out on his own.