SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21) Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
I'm still puzzled by a species that can't be self sufficient after 50 years.

"Wait. They said fifty years old."
"Species age differently. Perhaps it could live many centuries."
―Din Djarin and IG-11 upon discovering an infant of the species

It's like dogs. We're not self-sufficient by the time any domestic dog species I can think of has been dead for years. Shit, drop a zero if it makes more sense to you.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What’s the saying? “If you know, you know.”

I went to YouTube to find this video to make a point here, whomever took the time to merge these scenes together is my new best friend.

Brilliant!

(EPP 6 Spoilers within)

And for those who don’t know, the lightsaber/armor scene was nearly identical to the ball/katana scene in Lone Wolf and Cub. (Samurai movie). In the movie he is explaining to his son that if he chooses the ball, the Samurai will commit sepaku and send the boy to live with his mother…choose the sword, and learn the ways of the Samurai.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only on episode 3, but I like it so far. I wish they would show what the Tusken Raiders faces look like.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by corsair:

Cad Bane.

I’m trying to put my finger on where they jacked this from. It’s almost a carbon copy from another sci-fi film. I’m thinking Stargate at the end when the fucker gets blown up by the nuke. Either way I’ve seen this exact alien face before in another sci-fi film.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12931 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're just remembering him from the animated series?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Too bad they had to move his mouth up a titch for the human under the makeup. His mouth seemed lower in the animated series.

I also wish he would have had a toothpick and his jet boots. Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine: Either way I’ve seen this exact alien face before in another sci-fi film.

There was two Duros' in one corner of the cantina in A New Hope before Han smoked Greedo....

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Too bad they had to move his mouth up a titch for the human under the makeup. His mouth seemed lower in the animated series.

I also wish he would have had a toothpick and his jet boots. Big Grin

Per the Orguss picture. He DOES look like his normal self with the mouth lowered a bit. Maybe Lucas can fix that episode in the Special Edition.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Speculation from Doomcock. Take it with a grain of salt but interesting none the less, in my opinion.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow only to see how they will disappoint me one last time. . .

I wanted to like this show. The first 2 episodes were fantastic, and I eagerly anticipated each week's installment. They ryined this show and crapped all over the character and the fans who wanted something like this show since Empire Strikes Back. I mean, two ENTIRE episodes out of only 7 total of Boba Fett's show WITHOUT Boba Fett (yeah, he had an unspoken cameo role last week - that isn't good enough).

Just proves the old saying, "Be careful what you ask for - you might get it."

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the final episode. I think many commenters should watch the Clone Wars and other sources to get more background on Boba Fett and understand his full story up till now before criticizing give show too hard. I agree the show has been a bit slow than I’d like at times. We all know how much Boba hates Mace Windu for killing his father and how he’s hunted him down relentlessly in the past. I have a feeling (or a hope) that we will see Mace Windu in this series. It would be wicked cool if they make Mace Windu be the one who went back and rescued Grogu from the Jedi Temple after he was thrown out the window by Darth Sideous. I never believed he was dead. Let’s see if my hope is realized!

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Apparently they were still doing re-shoots due to the Kathleen Kennedy fucking it up. The "Power Rangers" with their pristine clothes and vehicles.........on Tatooine. Sand and dust gets EVERYWHERE!Some of the best scenes in the first few episodes were re-shoots to correct the crap KK made them do in the first place. Apparently the Tusken fire dance was suggested by Tem aka Boba but was shot down by KK and then re-shot to fix it once she was removed from power. The last two episodes were suppose to be in Mando season 3 but Favreau and Filoni had to add it to Boba to fix the crap that was originally filmed.

I am waiting to see what they end up with.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
When did Kathleen Kennedy leave the project? or did she leave Disney entirely?

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
When did Kathleen Kennedy leave the project? or did she leave Disney entirely?

She could leave Earth and make it a better place. She's the worst thing to happen to Star Wars followed closely by J.J. Abrams.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
There’s some really interesting info out there regarding the ripples from Kennedy.

I’m just going to wait and see.

Honestly, if Jon and Dave rewrite the Star Wars universe to clean out the sequel trilogy, the future is wide open.

posted Hide Post
If Grogu picks the lightsaber...we'll know how visible and established the battle lines have been drawn inside Lucas Film.

As for all the re-write and re-shoot rumors, and jamming two shows together in post-production, certainly plausible. The motion picture industry is notorious for burning though giant piles of money and time due to egos. Disney and Lucas Film are certainly no different. Not unusual for CGI outside contractors to go bankrupt after being apart of a big production because they low-balled themselves into unreasonable time constraints or, over-extended themselves to accommodate the big studio's last minute changes.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
There are books by good authors that will have chapters without the main character. I’ve enjoyed the ride so far.

Compared to the shit movies this is fun again.

Any word on whether Gina Carano will return? Removing one of the most interesting characters was fucking stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
meh...

ok. waiting for Mandalorian season 3 to begin now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8154 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Well I'm halfway through episode 7 and it feels like this episode was written by a bunch of idiots.

I sincerely hope this is leftover trash from the moron crowd that followed Kathleen Kennedy around. Maybe the 2nd half will be better.

EDIT -

Wow this was really bad. Like, really bad.

"Nice head tails." That's the kind of shit you get from Rian Johnson's Star Wars universe. Yuck. There have been Twi'leks all over Tattooine for hundreds maybe thousands of years, and THAT'S a line you write for a human that's been living on this planet for her entire life? A 'local gal' as she referred to herself?

WTF. What the everliving F.