SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The reviews I was hearing from relatives made me expect it to be awful.

Well, I finally got around to watching it tonight, and it was indeed god awful. I came here to catch up on this thread and see if the boys here agreed with me. I wasn't surprised to see that most do. Seriously, this episode was just plain stupid.

And a kids' show? Well, I wish you would've told me that earlier.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Wow. Just wow. I'd love to see the Star Wars apologists try and polish that turd.

There's no amount of alcohol or polish that could clean that up. What a disgusting piece of filth.

I JUST watched Mandalorian Seasons 1 and 2 with my boys and it absolutely blows Boba Fett out of the water.

There is no way the two shows are even remotely written by the same group of people.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, half way through this turd I was doubting whether Jon Favreau really had anything to do with it, despite being credited.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Case in point: Watch the fights in Mandalorian, specifically any of them. Watch the camera angles and choreography. Then watch ANY fight in BoBF. They're all trash. Even the way they treat the wookie's physicality is so short-cut. Everything is in slow motion and the actor just holds his arms out to make his presence bigger all the time. It's just so so so very bad.

Shit. Even when the Black Krysantan or whatever his name is, DOESN'T luck out and get attacked by ONLY melee weapons, the blaster shots all magically hit his pauldrons and bandoleer. Except one.

UGH. It makes me mad to even think about that shitty show.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Finally managed to sit through it and stay awake yesterday. Jesus Christ, what a steaming puddle of raging diarrhea that was. It’s not even worth giving a proper post. Just garbage.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yes, half way through this turd I was doubting whether Jon Favreau really had anything to do with it, despite being credited.

Kennedy screwed with it so badly that once she was out they were doing re-shoots right up until the episode dropped, trying to salvage something from the godawful mess they were left with.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Kennedy screwed with it so badly that once she was out they were doing re-shoots right up until the episode dropped, trying to salvage something from the godawful mess they were left with.

Which is silly because they could have just announced:

quote:
Unfortunately, Book of Boba Fett was not up to the standard we feel the fans of Boba Fett deserve. We regret to announce that we've placed the show on hold while we work out what is appropriate to his lore, and what isn't. We're not blaming anyone and we're not firing anyone. We just want everyone to be excited about what we deliver.

We will deliver the best product we can, when it's ready.

And they would have had MILLIONS of fans forgiving them quite vocally for it. To top it all off, they could have announced a THEATRICAL REMASTER of the original trilogy, and people would have lost all sense of angst about the postponing of Boba Fett.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Wow. Just wow. I'd love to see the Star Wars apologists try and polish that turd.

There's no amount of alcohol or polish that could clean that up. What a disgusting piece of filth.

I JUST watched Mandalorian Seasons 1 and 2 with my boys and it absolutely blows Boba Fett out of the water.

There is no way the two shows are even remotely written by the same group of people.

For me the series was saved when it shifted to Mando.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The snark, I mean the analysis, is strong...

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post