SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t you need something with more room to hold your gear and your bounties?

How much room does one really need for a severed head? Besides, I got the impression that the astromech droid spot was reconfigured for a humanoid.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

How much room does one really need for a severed head? Besides, I got the impression that the astromech droid spot was reconfigured for a humanoid.

Looked grogu sized to me

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5645 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Since we can't see into the interior of the drone slot, we don't really know how large it is. Grogu is much smaller than an astromech droid, so unless Ripley installed a deck at the lip of the canopy Grogu wouldn't be able to see out.

But Mando needs a larger ship. He needs a place to be able to sleep, store his equipment and hold bounties while in transit.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not all bounties are for a kill. Most time it’s dead OR alive. In the open, he gave the guy an option to come quietly, but he choose to fight and die. What if you want to freeze your bounty in carbonate?

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The woman said she hogged out the astromech droid port, but watching it again and it is too small for a normal sized humanoid. Grogu would fit though. I did like the reference to a thrust capacitor which seemed like a nod to a flux capacitor to me.

I do find it odd that the best episode so far lacked the titular character.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Any idea what the lady slipped on the ship?

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
We get a measly 7 episodes of Boba Fett, and they blow an entire episode on Mando?

I mean, I kept hearing Jeff Goldblum tapping the monitor, saying "Uh, is there going to be any Boba Fett in this Boba Fett show?". . Spoilers - the answer is 'no.'

All this did was remind me how well developed Mando is, how good that show is, and how disappointing this one is. It's like they made Fett a side character in his own show.

We could have seen all that 'Naboo fighter stuff' in Mandalorian S3E1. They are not taking this show seriously.

It seems like they are FINALLY going to get to the big cartel war and flash "to be continued" on the screen before the first shot is fired. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like they decided they needed to buy some time for some re-writes and slipped in an episode of The Mandalorian. This show sucks, and having an entire episode of Din Djarin only throws that into sharp relief. The thirty nine seconds of "holy shit" at the beginning? That's what this show needs and I don't see it happening at any point. Instead of that, we're strutting around town carrying a helmet like we're a badass and chasing droids around kitchens like a clown. What a joke.

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Mrs has been watching BF with me. She said wow, this is the best episode yet. I asked her why. She said because Boba Fett wasn't in it...

I really hope Favreau and Filoni pull it off and make the time spent watching so far worth it...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I must have missed something here. Didn't notice anything. Your query almost prompted me to re-watch the episode but I haven't.

And I agree with many here that the Boba Fett series has been rather lackluster at best, especially compared to The Mandalorian.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading that the latest episode was more Mandalorian than Boba Fett I watched it. Survey says... the best episode of BoBF is really an episode of the Mandalorian.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I don't know guys. Maybe it's because I recall being a kid in the 1970's, and early 1980's. Back when you got one film every three years, and no access to any of it at home -- except the occasional holiday special, I'm told... I cannot attest personally, as I've blocked that from my memory for sanity sake.

Fresh Star Wars on a Wednesday night? I just say: Yes Please, and Thank You!

Constant content with nearly assured subsequent seasons allows for a long-game approach to story development. I'm very pleased with that approach.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I must have missed something here. Didn't notice anything. Your query almost prompted me to re-watch the episode but I haven't.

And I agree with many here that the Boba Fett series has been rather lackluster at best, especially compared to The Mandalorian.

It was at 39:45 just before she had him start it. She quietly reached inside an engine and did something.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I agree this was the best episode yet, by far. I'm really hoping Boba's character turns the corner. But I also agree that as a Star Wars fan it's amazing to just have regular new Star Wars content! Just enjoying the ride.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely the most entertaining and interesting of the episodes. As Overlord DVD has said in a recent vid, Faverau seems to have his interests in The Mandalorian (which is he & Filoni's creation), whereas Book of Boba Fett seems like a studio obligation; tossing the fans a bone. It's clear there's not a lot of effort being put into the stories thus, this episode was 99% focused on a character from a different show. I get that they're attempting to tie the two together however the main driver is The Mandalorian, meanwhile, BoBF plods along.

Lots of background, lore and mythology in this episode as it pertains to Din Djarin and his story arc. Clearly they've set-up a number of plot-points for future episodes; when each of them happens remains to be seen. Will be interesting to see if its uncovered whom crafted the Beskar spear.

The Naboo N-1 Starfighter I've never liked. Overly artistic and not pragmatic for multi-atmosphere space travel; I know, this is fantasy. Its fan service for those prequel fans who are adults now. Djarin's line of work and his overall MO needs to be in a ship that's more utilitarian; his old Dodge Power Wagon is no more, replaced by a Mazda Miata Roll Eyes

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
quote:

Looked grogu sized to me

Or head sized. Potato/Tomato.

And the scene with the X-Wings was the best non-action scene in the Mando/Fett series by FAR.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Cancelled Disney. I'm done with their shit.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Cancelled Disney. I'm done with their shit.

Helpful to the discussion. Roll Eyes

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the dark saber slicing a bounty in twain, or Slave 1 annihilating a biker gang.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best episode by far...even if it was an episode of the Mandalorian. Still, I'll take it.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Lone Mando and Cub > The Godfetter.

Best episode of the Book of Boba Fett had no Boba Fett in it... Razz

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post