SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Book of Boba Fett (Dec '21) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How is the release button for the sonic charge, not within arm's length of the pilot?

I get it, cockpits are enormous so that all the camera angles can be captured but, did nobody learn anything during filming of the Millennium Falcon's cockpit scenes?

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has just gotten ridiculous. The script is beyond stupid. SPOILER ALERT:

How many times is Boba Fett going to "take care of everything?"

"Hey you must pay protection to the Tuscans"

"But we already pay protection money to a biker gang. Kill them and we'll pay you."

"Ok, I will."

<Biker gang kills Tuscans>

"Hey I gathered you all here today above my rancor pit because we have to stand up against <insert forgettable name here>."

"Yeah well, why should we help you? Aren't you worried that we'll just stab you in the back?"

<rancor makes a noise bc it understands multiple alien languages>

"You're right, I'll take care of everything just promise me you'll stay neutral."

"So you're going to kill off this treat to all of us and we don't have to do anything? Um... ok?"

What a great up and coming crime lord with negotiating skills like that.

P. O. S. writing. I'm done with this show too.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
THIS is how Boba Fett needs to be.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5rThyXdVrxE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Reminds me of the scene in Open Range when Costner asks the hired gun “You the one that shot my friend?” “Yes” Bam - right between the eyes.

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
This has just gotten ridiculous. The script is beyond stupid.

Have you forgotten this is Disney?

Everyone expecting Shakespeare is going to be disappointed

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I may be out in left field, but I get the impression Kathleen Kennedy is pure evil and a pox from Disney+ on anything she touches.

Her vendetta against Gina Carano is especially vile. And apparently there is constant friction with Jon Favreau. She should be deep sixed period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
At the end of the last episode when Fennec and Fett are talking about war and needing muscle, I noticed the mandalorian music playing. Wonder if they are going to hire some Mandos.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I may be out in left field, but I get the impression Kathleen Kennedy is pure evil and a pox from Disney+ on anything she touches.

Her vendetta against Gina Carano is especially vile. And apparently there is constant friction with Jon Favreau. She should be deep sixed period.

I think your opinion is 100% shared by the Star Wars mafia. She needs to start a woke society and get the fuck away from Star Wars 100%.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
THIS is how Boba Fett needs to be.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5rThyXdVrxE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He needs to be like he WAS.

https://youtu.be/9wmy54rPNTQ

No taking the helmet off. No talking about it. When you need to shoot, shoot, don’t talk.

I think one of the big problems is that he takes his helmet off far too much. Taking it off when hanging with Fennec at Jabba’s palace is one thing, but constantly taking it off when he’s strolling around town destroys any mystique. It’s no wonder no one respects him.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
This has just gotten ridiculous. The script is beyond stupid.

Have you forgotten this is Disney?

Everyone expecting Shakespeare is going to be disappointed

We got two seasons of The Mandalorian which established better than decent storylines, dialogue and character building that connected it with original canon. It took the Kennedy-infected projects and threw them out, at the very least, it marginalized them. There's now an established bar now, within this 'universe', 'planet' and 'timeline'.
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I think one of the big problems is that he takes his helmet off far too much. Taking it off when hanging with Fennec at Jabba’s palace is one thing, but constantly taking it off when he’s strolling around town destroys any mystique. It’s no wonder no one respects him.

Bingo!

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
So I'm finding that this really is a series for the true SW nerd!

And apparently, there's hidden meanings taking jabs at Kathleen Kennedy for her lost battle over Star Wars.

Here are some examples:
-Boba Fett: "I will not rule with fear, but with respect."

-The speed biker gang symbol (the mirrored J's) translates to the letter "K" in Nal-Huttese. In the scene where they are beating up the moisture farmer, they tag his house twice with this symbol, or with two K's for Kathleen Kennedy.

It's rumored that this is a coded message to the fandom of how KK culturally vandalized the SW franchise. Later in the episode, BF goes to Tashi Station.

-In episode 2, BF goes to Tashi Station (referenced in A New Hope when Luke tells Uncle Owen he's going to Tashi Station to pick up some power converters). A deleted scene from the original SW took place in Tashi Station where Luke visits two friends. The man and woman who were bullied in episode 2 are Luke's old friends from the deleted scene. The bikers bullying them were supposedly symbolic to how much Kathleen Kennedy crapped all over the original Star Wars and Boba Fett is supposed to be symbolic of Jon Favereau cleaning house of all the SJW's that ruined SW.

They took a lot of care in recreating the original set from the deleted scene and found actors that closely resembled the original actors.

For the fandom an geeks-
The wookie is based off a character in some SW comics from around 2015. Apparently, he and BF were hired by Vader at the same time to hunt different targets, so they have a history. The wookie had, at some point in time, captured uncle Owen, but was later rescued by Obi Wan. The scar on the wookie's face is from Obi Wan's light saber.

They most likely threw in this character to be reintroduced later in the upcoming Obi Wan series.

There are so many hidden messages in this series that only die-hard SW nerds will catch them. You would have to read all the back stories, comics and would have had to see all the animated series to understand them all.

And Filoni is a die hard SW nerd.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiler...perhaps.

I liked the Naboo N-1 muscle ship.

Also, that wasn't a Mando cameo Razz

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Smoking the dirt bikers from the back wasn't hard assed enough?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Nope. No witnesses to the dirt bikers. Can't build street cred that way.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
What a great episode. Smile This takes the pressure off of ship exposition for Mandalorian Season 3, and gives us a chance to see any context around any of the "recruits" that show up in Boba Fett.

I wonder if they'll do it again in the next episode. There are a bunch of bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe that fans would love to see make a reappearance, or a first appearance in canon Star Wars.

quote:

Again, the mystique is something fans have built up in their own heads over the last 30+ years.

We have no idea how Boba operated outside of the few times he was on screen in AotC, ESB, and RotJ. On top of that, 90% of mainstream Star Wars fans haven't watched Boba's appearances in the cartoon Clone Wars episodes.

So any expectations at what Boba needs to be are just figments of our imagination, IMO.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
If you have Disney Plus it looks like there's a Boba Fett expose show Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett

I'm just starting it now, but it actually begins with something like, "How did a character with only 6m of screen time and 4 lines of dialogue become such a huge cultural icon..?"

Exactly!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
We have no idea how Boba operated outside of the few times he was on screen in AotC, ...

He operated like a child, since he was only ten years old.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:

Are you talking last week’s show, or the new one that dropped today?

Pretty sure the guy in the cold open of the latest episode who looked exactly like Mando, spoke with Pedro Pascal’s voice, and most importantly, carried the Darksabre, was Mando.

Speaking of which, that Mando action in the open was what everyone was expecting of Boba Fett, not what we actually got. No taking the helmet off, getting right to it, and if anyone gives you trouble, killing them all (except the one guy he let shuffle out the door because he obviously didn’t want any part of it).

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cameo is rather just showing his face for a couple of seconds, the episode from today is more like Mando Season 2.5 Wink

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This week was all about fan service. Lots of nods to other Star Wars titles. I loved every second!

**SPOILERS**

I'm glad we got to see someone take self-inflicted damage from a lightsaber. I'm also intrigued by the fact that the Dark Saber has weight to it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cameo is rather just showing his face for a couple of seconds, the episode from today is more like Mando Season 2.5 Wink

True. In fact, it makes me wish more for a Mando Season 3 since this episode was far more interesting than any of the previous 4 Boba Fett episodes. The first part at least. The second half was pure fan service. As interesting as it is, is a Naboo star fighter the right fit for a bounty hunter? Don’t you need something with more room to hold your gear and your bounties?

Well, at least when Mando gets back, maybe he can straighten Boba out. Who’s wanting to see Mando walk to Boba, slap him around some, tell him to man up, and for f#cks sake put your helmet back on!