SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 67
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's pretty good, Richard! Crazy how sight picture can vary from gun to gun...doesn't help that we've been shooting bullseye for the past month, lol.

That's solid work with a very small gun. I really like that P239....I've always loved the idea of that gun, they just don't fit my hand. My buddy has one with wood grips that make it big enough for me, but with them installed it's basically the same size as my P229 Frown. 239s getting expensive, too...I saw a used one at a shop today and they wanted $900 Eek!

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I had Hogues on it before these CT's. Very shootable.
These are almost as good and more concealable.

Cleaned, lubed and changed batteries when I got home. Backwards of my usual protocol.

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hey, 92fstech.
Maybe, Invite cslinger more
pointedly to join the postal match. We need more participants to keep it viable.

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Good point!

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichardC:
Hey, 92fstech.
Maybe, Invite cslinger more
pointedly to join the postal match. We need more participants to keep it viable.[/

It took me a long time to find you guys. I don’t want to lose you.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok I’m here. What are we shooting? (I haven’t read this whole thread apologies) Not sure the next time I will get to the range but will give whatever a try within my range constraints. Don’t expect much from my meager skills, however I do seem to have that whole loud, pointy, flashy end goes in the direction of the target so I’m off to the races. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7862 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Believe me, your skills will be more than adequate!

It's about time we came up with an new course of fire...anybody have any ideas?

quote:
It took me a long time to find you guys. I don’t want to lose you.

No worries, we're not leaving!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
How do we feel about 10 rounds weak hand on whatever target/distance you guys choose. I don’t do hardly any weak hand shooting and frankly I should.

Posts: 7862 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give me the cliff notes in that thread.

Ok, so a real quick and dirty rundown on the match here....if you go back and look at the first post on page one, it kind of outlines the idea behind what we're doing here. I think we've adhered to that pretty well as the thread has progressed, with a pretty wide variety of creative challenges. It's all for fun, but at the same time putting in some practice to get better.

The match rules are outlined for each new match as it's posted. I'll admit, we've kind of slipped a bit on the two week run times...12 hour + work days and rebuilding a house in my off time sometimes makes it difficult to stay on top of this. But a two week time frame is the goal.

There's no hard and fast rules about the courses of fire. The main thing is to try to keep it accessible to everyone within normal range restrictions. We've shot all kinds of different targets, different guns, timed stuff, bullseye...it's whatever the person picking the drill comes up with, and there have been some pretty creative ones. A lot of times we'll post our official target, then go back and practice the course again throughout the week and post/discuss results and progress.

It's almost as much a social thread as it is a competition. I've enjoyed it, it's given me an excuse to shoot some guns that don't get out much, and I think it's made me better.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
How do we feel about 10 rounds weak hand on whatever target you guys choose. I don’t do hardly any weak hand shooting and frankly I should.

Works for me. It's a skill I should spend more time on as well. What distance?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. Everyone should be able to shoot with their support hand. Lose your primary and it’s all ya have to fall back on. I hope there won’t be a time limit. Speed isn’t my strong suit.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
OK, since wrong-handed shooting is pretty much a defensive skill, what do you guys say we stick to traditional defensive distances? 7 yards on a B8 https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf?

No time limit for the official match, but it might be useful to run it on the clock a few times just to see how it goes.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
7-10 yards works for me. Target works.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I agree. This is a good one.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ten rounds weak-hand only, or weak-hand supported by strong hand?

(Hope its one-handed. Muahahahaha)

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Oh weak hand only for sure Big Grin!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shot three targets this afternoon (Had IDPA match in the morning, with same revolver) .
Split the difference from 21 to30 feet. (Because I missed where 92fstech said '7 yards')
Twenty-six feet, S&W SSR, 158GR plated .38 Special, fired left hand only, single action, no time constraint.
95-1X
96 2-X
94-3X

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was thinking weak hand only. There are two primary reasons for this.

-it’s good practice in case your strong hand/arm is injured in a fight and…………..

-It makes for a great excuse for the target I mean hey I was shooting left handed dammit! Smile

I will try to get back to the range this week at some point.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting Richard! Looking forward to giving this a try this week. I'll probably do the work gun and the backup, and I've also got a new toy to try out.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Damn good shooting.

I am thinking about a CZ for this one.