SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Those don't suck; that's nice shooting.

Yeah, but it took me 10 tries each to get there lol

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Dude. You're putting in the work. And its paying off.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Where is everybody at with this? Anybody still have results to upload or plans to give it another run? I'm thinking it's getting to be about time for a new course of fire, but I don't want to cut anybody short if they're still trying to get another run in.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I went to the range last Friday, with the intention of redoing my previous submission. However, I misplaced the targets and went without them. I still want to try it again, but you should go ahead and move on if everyone else is ready. I will still do it for my own benefit because it was a good challenge. Maybe I can do them both at the same time the next time I go to the outdoor range.

David Garlikov

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I won't be able to shoot until after this weekend; I'm good with whatever y'all want to do.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Let's let it run through this coming weekend and then we'll pick a new one early next week. This has been really beneficial, thanks for picking it Richard!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
92fstech, yesterday, I took a page from your notebook, shot several targets of each stage with .22, S&W 41, irons.

In order,

Slow Fire: 58, 53, 67

Timed: 53-1X, 45, 59, 67, 65

Rapid: 48, 65-1X.

Best combination of the three stages: 199.

My ophthalmologist's office called to reschedule my upcoming appointment, as the practitioner would be out-of-town. LOL.

I think they're a-skeered.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not bad, Richard, not bad. At the end of the day, you got out and shot, and that's what really matters.

I got together with some older shooting buddies yesterday morning and spent a couple of hours just telling lies and putting a few rounds downrange. Nothing structured or anything, and we didn't shoot bullseye, but we did talk about it some.

I told him what we'd been doing, and he said back in the day he used to shoot bullseye a lot. He said they did a lot of team events, and he had a couple of guys on his team who were so good they didn't really care if the other guys on the squad weren't any good..."they'd take anybody who could shoot a 270 or better." I told him I'm lucky to shoot a 250...he told me to keep practicing, lol.

He sent me home with this...I plan to put it to use.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That shooter' box with scope was a wonderful gift!

You'll very much enjoy using the spotting scope rather than having to walk out to the target or reel it in, when practicing. I'd recommend two accessories: a C clip to keep the top half stable while shooting and biker's shorts with a thigh pad on the left side while carrying it. Wink

Another benefit is the incredulous looks you'll get from new shooters who setup silhouette targets at twenty feet to do magazine dumps from their new 9MM Glocks and Zevs.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Figured I'd try to get one more run in before we switch the drill up. I went out and shot it 3X straight through today.

First Run: 77 Slow + 78 Timed + 63 Rapid = 218 Overall

Second Run: 60 Slow + 88 Timed + 86 Rapid = 234 Overall

Third Run: 75 Slow + 88 Timed + 91 Rapid = 254 Overall

I'll post a pic of the last one...nobody needs to see the first two, lol.

I think it's time for something new (I'm going to keep working on my bullseye, though!). David, do you want to pick the next one?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice targets!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
David, you still out there? Interested in picking the next challenge for us?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I’m out here, but I will defer to another. My only request is that it be with Bullseye targets. The last one I chose myself, was a shoot the pumpkin off my ex-wife’s head. Overall, it went very well until my turn where the whole evening went south.

David Garlikov

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Do you guys have "rate of fire" limitations at your ranges, or are you allowed to shoot fast on the clock?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
No rapid fire at the indoor range, I don’t know about the outdoor range where I shoot.

David Garlikov

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
OK, the rapid-fire limitation eliminates my first idea, but how about this?

Building on the fundamentals we worked on in the last session, I'm thinking we add a practical spin to it. What do you guys say to B8 Targets, carry guns (any sights, any action, any caliber, but it has to be a gun and caliber that you do/would actually carry for self defense), 10-rounds at 25 yards. Tradition 2-handed combat grip. Scored in the traditional manner using the scoring rings, anything that breaks the line counts as the higher value.

Shoot it cold. Show up at the range and your first target gets posted for score. Feel free to keep working it, though, and share your subsequent struggles/successes Big Grin!

Here's a link to the printable B8 target if anybody needs it: https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Couldn't log in from phone last night.

No rapid fire at indoor, range: sometimes possible at outdoor range if a certain bay is open and not already full with other shooters.
(Have to be able to set up 25 feet from berm, in front of covered/concrete floor firing line.)

Proposed match sounds good. Start from low ready?

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Start from low ready?

Shooter's choice. Smile

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
That sounds great. I usually practice at 15’ or 20’so 25’ will be more of a challenge to look forward to.

Outdoors, I can draw from the holster. Inside, I must start from ready or picking it up from the table. Any preference?

David Garlikov

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's not timed, so any starting position is fine. I usually work from a holster at our range just because it's a convenient way to carry the gun.

Oh, and just to be sure we're all on the same page...the distance is 25 Yards, not 25 Feet. Will everyone's range accommodate that?