SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That M&P Compact shoots. No doubt about that. Everybody above shoots really well IMO.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I shot a variety of stuff with the .44 that night.

For the rabbit shot left-hand only, I was shooting my home cast 212 gr bullets over 10.0 of Unique...it chronos at 985fps out of the 2 3/4" barrel, so I'd call it a "light magnum" load. It's accurate, not horribly punishing but still gives a good thump, and since I can cast them myself they're cheap and I have a ton of them.

I also shot some 240gr JSP over stout loads of 4227 and H110 in that session, because that's what I'm going to have with me on the trip. Those are the ones that hurt....they're running the heavier bullet at 1090 and 1150fps respectively (1560 and 1780 out of my 1894). I was shooting those at a steel silhouette at 25 yards about as fast as I could re-acquire the sights. I missed more than I'd like to admit, especially as the round count got higher and my shakes got worse.

IIRC there was 10 rounds of factory Winchester 240gr in the mix as well.

Yeah...like you said...shooting through the pain. Not necessarily the smartest thing to do! Smile

For the 640 I was shooting .38 specials with 148gr full-wadcutters that a buddy at my club cast for me. They're a great target load...manageable recoil, accurate, and they punch nice clean holes. And once again, they were free, and I have a bunch...you might sense a trend Smile. And although I shoot a lot of .38 through it, I will say that gun handles full-house .357 better than one might think.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I shot two postal match targets today: 21 ft, left hand only, 357 Sig S&W M&P with XS Big Dot sights, both eyes open, using right (dominant) eye.

Target 1 97 3X

Shot 120 rounds on IDPA target at 20, 25, 30, 40 and 50 feet, timed, practicing for local league match but using old CZ TS in .40 Cal S&W, two hands, both eyes open, then

Target 2 84
Edited to add: that was S&W M&P Compact 357 Sig

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting Richard! Between you and David the M&P is representing itself nicely on this one!

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s as much the Holosun 507C as anything. That and my M&P make a great combination.

Posts: 186 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I think this one has run it's course. Nice shooting everybody! Any ideas for the next one?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
How about the P.E.A.R.L target test. It’s a timed test at 10 feet, using two magazines, four rounds each. The target is at the following link.

https://storage.googleapis.com...-pearl-1500x1500.png

I’ve done it, but not timed yet. It’s impossible for me to use a timer at the indoor range because several other shooters screw up my timer. I plan to do it next Friday at the outdoor range.

Posts: 186 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that's special, lol.

While I think it's hilarious, there has been some recent drama and angst at my club about some folks spray painting "phallic symbols" on the target backers, and with all that going on I'm not sure I want to be the guy to show up with a folder full of dick targets Big Grin!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
One man’s target is another man’s dick. I saw it as a legitimate test of marksmanship and didn’t look to see it any other way. That being said, I leave it to others to come up with the next challenge.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'll do it. I found this:

So, start from holster, with timer. I'll have to get a chance at a bay in our outdoor range also.

https://carrytrainer.com/resources ,-- another link to printable targets. Two rifle zero-ing targets, also.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Alright, dick targets it is Big Grin! I'll just shoot it on a day when nobody else is around to get offended. So are we shooting it cold, or as many times as you want, best time for a clean run?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Two targets. Cold, and then best to show any improvement.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Good plan we'll give it a try!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
Two targets. Cold...

Cold? I suspect the target might be less shrunken when warm.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Couldn't get to the outdoor range on time, will try again next weekend

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
The outdoor range is around 50 minutes from home, so my shooting buddy and I only go up there every other Friday. It’s frustrating because I prefer shooting outdoors.

Fritz - George Costanza calls that “shrinkage factor”.

posted Hide Post
I hoped my Saturday might include target practice, but it didn't work out.

I've shown how dry its been on our ranch for the past couple of years. The tide has turned, and I do mean a tide. Rain up the wazoo, day after day. Swampy & muddy, flooding is a daily concern. We're now in tree felling mode, clogging up the starting point of a big erosion gully with trunks and limbs. We're trying to prevent the gully washer flood that occurred last summer.

We felled 11 trees over Memorial weekend, cut and moved 9 of them to the gully. On Saturday I finished the two on the ground, felled 2 more, then got rained out mid-way through the second felled tree.

#1 -- 18 inch diameter, 55 feet tall

#2 -- 16 inch diameter, 51 feet tall. Pleased how this one dropped. Its natural lean would have put in on the fence.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that looks like work! Really satisfying when they go where you want them, though.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I can see from the notch that it went exactly where he wanted it to.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And to have done it all with that little hatchet.

I am in awe. Smile