SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You make a good point, match rules not withstanding.

The perceived recoil was overwhelming. I spent the rest of the afternoon with perceived ice packs on my perceived black&blue shoulder and a couple of perceived ibuprofens.

Edited: "I before E, except after C", and after the D in DEI.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 16161 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Lol...gotta be careful with those rimfire magnums. Easy to overdo it!

Posts: 9175 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I was hoping we'd get more participation.

Everyone has a .22 rifle.

Posts: 16161 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Everyone has a .22 rifle.

Or Five!

I'm finishing up my long week today, so hopefully I have time this week to shoot it at least once more before we move on to something else.

I'm thinking some kind of dot drill could be kinda fun for the next one.

Posts: 9175 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Base model Savage B-Mags with flimsy plastic stocks have a reputation for poor accuracy; The ammunition itself isn't considered to be precision match quality

Swapped a Boyd's laminated stock onto the Savage B-Mag barreled action, remounted the Bushnell 3X9 scope, set it to 4X and used the NRA A-32 target to sight in with Winchester Varmint HE 17 Win Super Mag 25gr polymer tip ammo at 50ft.
To my amazement , it was still zeroed about where I had left it before the stock swap. Seven shots fell about an inch below the X on the sighter bull.

So, I tried the postal match holding the duplex crosshair at the top of the 6 ring.
T1 86-1X, T2 90-1X, T3 87-2X = 263-4X

I hope the weather is good tomorrow; I'd like to try it at 50 meters and beyond.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle and nicely done!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hat trick! Hat trick! Hat trick!

T1: 87-1X
T2: 87-1X
T3: 87-1X = 261-3x

10-.22, aperture sights, Federal Automatch

Trouble with the Williams aperture sight again: This time it was the windage set screw and the screw-in aperture itself loosening.
Here's the lateral set screw ( elevation adj.) with purple Locktite curing after the shoot.
In summary, the rail mount has been secured by the local gunsmith with retapping and red Locktiting the four screwholes, the dorsal set screw (windage adj.) purple Locktited.

Steel Challenge club match tomorrow, I'll leave the aperture insert free to be removed in the morning. I intend to be first place iron sight rimfire shooter. Wink Last month I was first, last and middle iron sight revolver shooter. Big Grin

[92fstech, maybe we should ask parabellum to decouple this match thread from the Sig Pistols forum. Half our matches are with long guns,and we've not attracted new competitor interest anyway.]

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I intend to be first place iron sight rimfire shooter. Last month I was first, last and middle iron sight revolver shooter.

[92fstech, maybe we should ask parabellum to decouple this match thread from the Sig Pistols forum. Half our matches are with long guns,and we've not attracted new competitor interest anyway.]

Nice work with the 10/22!

It warms my heart to hear you shot steel challenge with a revolver. I actually got to go to our local outlaw match this week, but took the 320 and the P226. I didn't miss a single shot all night, and set the best time from a holster, but felt like I should have pushed myself to go faster. Next time I need to bring along the GP100 or the 66, just for fun.

As far as the thread is concerned, I did suggest that to Para in the thread in the office, but he never responded. I assume he's leaving it here because that's how he wants it. Whenever he wants to unlink it he obviously can.