SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oddly I shoot the G26 better than any other handgun I've owned.

While I can't quite make that sort of claim with any of my Glocks, I do shoot most them--particularly the compacts--good enough that as a group I'd keep them over any other. Ironically the one Glock I shoot the worst is my G26. The trigger right out of the box is one of the worst ones I've experienced from the factory; it's the first time a lighter connector alone didn't make enough of a difference and I ended up doing a 25¢ trigger job on top of the connector change out. Hopefully the next range sessions will yield improved results more like I do with my G19s and G23s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Soggy...
It's the way the stock g26 fits my hand. I got big palms and with 40+ years of having my pinky under the grip of a ruger single six 22 cowboy gun.. the same is true with the 26...for me.. Pinky under the magazine is familure..
From gripping to ripping the G26 shoots faster and recoil is straight back in my hand. I shoot the Gen 2 17 better than the G4-19... But both are not as good out 7-15 yards as the 26.. It just works for me.. Lousy trigger and all.. Smile
The combo of size capacity weight reliability and durability make the G26 a solid choice for an all around CCW for me.. Next year when I can add one to my permit and my G17.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
When I first started carrying, back in 1995 I think, I carried a G26 for 10 years.
I then got caught up in the XD line, then the Sig line, and now I'm back to the Glock line.

As much as I'm loving my G30S, I would bet I'll end up with another Glock 26 in the next year or so.
It might even be my first Gen 4 purchase... Big Grin

I'm no expert but I've owned easily a 100 or more handguns. I've learned what i like and what works for me.. YMMV. I like simplicity, durability and reliability. While I currently ccw a 239-9 due to some limitations recently in our ccw modification process the 239-9 is my favorite hammer fired 9mm an excellent choice I'm grateful to have and use..
That said, I shoot glocks best.
When I renew my CCW and can modify what I can carry...It will be my G17 GenII and a G26 that will be my primary guns. Oddly I shoot the G26 better than any other handgun I've owned.

I can't even comprehend the restrictions and requalifying of your CCW laws.
Over here, we get our CHL, and can carry whatever, or even as many, handguns as we like.

That stated, I did carry a Gen 1 DAK P239 SAS for 2 years.
I was a CCR refinished master piece.
A pistol that I said that I would never sell.

After buying my Gen 2 G19, I did indeed sell that P239..
As I found that I did indeed, shoot my Glocks better..

I will buy another G26 in the next year or so..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet lookin SAS 239.
I had one in DAK 40. Sold it Frown
I now have another but not an SAS this one has a 357sig Brrl too.

While I do like a hammer fired gun especially to thumb over when holstering
I found in a year with the 239 I rarely take it out of my holster once IWB
THE Glock is just a better all around fit and I prefer them. I shoot them faster and as accurate as any of my sigs. The glock is lighter weight with more capacity.
I'm amazed that what seems like a lousy trigger because its not traditional and smooth is actually a better action for me personally. Hard to argue with the results. Glocks just work period... whats not to like... My G17 Gen II is perfection in a 9mm..
It took me awhile to figure this out.... Im so glad i did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
ever notice how glock boxes stack and click perfectly into place like legos? Smile

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Yup, the force is strong. Glock 19 Gen 4 and Glock 27 Gen 3 with Nite Sites

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Picked up a new G19 yesterday - this thread should be retitled You will buy multiple Glocks

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Seems like i add to this thread every few months. Todays addition, 30s in 45acp. Free*. Smile won a free gun at local gssf match as an RO. It took less than two months to arrive which was a pleasent suprise. Had to pay taxes and $60 upgrade for this one, but i aint complaining!

Plan for it to be a carry gun after i shoot it a bit. My first 45 glock.

Top is 9mm slide on a 19. Bottom is the 30s. Yup, its thinner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
Seems like i add to this thread every few months. Todays addition, 30s in 45acp. Free*. Smile won a free gun at local gssf match as an RO. It took less than two months to arrive which was a pleasent suprise. Had to pay taxes and $60 upgrade for this one, but i aint complaining!

Plan for it to be a carry gun after i shoot it a bit. My first 45 glock.

Top is 9mm slide on a 19. Bottom is the 30s. Yup, its thinner.

Very nice..

You will love it.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first, last and only Glock. I have old eyes. But, with the lazer it's so easy to hit the targets at 7yds.

It's a G19. I got it used and have no idea about the adjustable rear sight that is currently on it.

Aloha, Mark

Posts: 16 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: May 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crang11
posted Hide Post
Have always laughed at this thread and said no way in hell will I ever succumb. My dad has a 23 that I have always hated.

Well one of my shooting buddies brings his new 19 to the range last weekend. I traded him my HK P30 to run a mag through eachothers. Well damn if I didn't shoot that thing better and faster the very first time than my P30 that I have 1500 rounds through. Damn you Glock- I really didn't want to know that.

Looks like I am getting a G19 now. But I won't bring it in the house...... It comes no closer to inside my domicile than my glove compartment.....and I am going to abuse it like an AK. I promise it nothing more than a hard life of neglect. damn you. damn you. damn you.

---------------------------------

Ethos Anthropos Daimon

Posts: 1503 | Location: Texas Hills | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crang11:
Have always laughed at this thread and said no way in hell will I ever succumb. My dad has a 23 that I have always hated.

Well one of my shooting buddies brings his new 19 to the range last weekend. I traded him my HK P30 to run a mag through eachothers. Well damn if I didn't shoot that thing better and faster the very first time than my P30 that I have 1500 rounds through. Damn you Glock- I really didn't want to know that.

Looks like I am getting a G19 now. But I won't bring it in the house...... It comes no closer to inside my domicile than my glove compartment.....and I am going to abuse it like an AK. I promise it nothing more than a hard life of neglect. damn you. damn you. damn you.

Welcome to the dark side.
Abuse it all you want, it will not fail you... Wink

I'd hate that G23 as well, as I don't like 40cal pistols as a whole.. Frown
Even the Sig P229 I bought in 40cal, once I bought a 357sig barrel for it, I never ran 40cal thru it again. Smile

The G19 will serve you well.
I'd highly recommend a Gen 2 or Gen 4, and skip over the Gen 3 G19s.... Big Grin

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Not your fathers 23 ...

But mine. How can you hate such a pretty face ?

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crang11:

I had an epiphany of my own...in that I was able to shoot Glocks better than the guns in my HK stable. I had to prioritize my needs and use of the guns - so I crossed to the dark side. With reliability very close between HK & Glock - the next priority in line was accuracy. Sure I could have trained more on my HKs, but why not start off with a platform with a leg up??

Nuff said.

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Yes I will! (buy a Glock)
G27 Gen3
G30 Gen4
G26 Gen4
I have owned Sig/Colt/S&W/CZ/Dan Wesson/Ruger/Beretta, etc... but always revert back to Glock for carry/defensive pistols.

I am not a "fanboy" who thinks that PERFECTION is the holy grail....but I do love the ease of maintenance, availability of parts, low bore axis, lack of external switches/levers, and their ugly business-like appearance.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fifthward:
QUOTE]

I had an epiphany of my own...in that I was able to shoot Glocks better than the guns in my HK stable. I had to prioritize my needs and use of the guns - so I crossed to the dark side. With reliability very close between HK & Glock - the next priority in line was accuracy. Sure I could have trained more on my HKs, but why not start off with a platform with a leg up??

Nuff said.

Now there is the answer to my unspoken question knowing how much you liked the HK's you had here in CA and worked so hard to buy Single Shot.. and then switched to the Darkside..
I also have traveled the same road...

Glocks shoot fast and just work so well... Fight it as I've done I'm a full convert to their utility as a CCW gun period..
I still flirt with other guns.. but when I can modify my permit the two main guns will be my G17 and prob a G26...

posted Hide Post
Recorded for posterity: The God of parabellum is right! You will buy a Glock. How parabellum knew I'll never know. With a track record like that, please also list some Power Ball numbers too!

CA is the new Alamo. Every gun and accessory sold is a victory. Take a stand to support the 2nd Amendment.

Posts: 54 | Location: USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k-kote:
Recorded for posterity: The God of parabellum is right! You will buy a Glock. How parabellum knew I'll never know. With a track record like that, please also list some Power Ball numbers too!

17 21 26 30 36 19

sick puppy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Put one on layaway at the gun store. Wanted something that wouldn't break the bank, was a workhorse and you could customize if you wanted. I like the way the new Gen 4 fits as opposed to its earlier versions. Can't wait to get it home and going to the range.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post