SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zxd9:
I'll never own one.
Yeah, quite a few people in this thread have said that very thing, only to come back into this thread weeks or months later, telling us about their new Glock(s).

So, never say never...

Posts: 107585 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
I'll never own one either. I gotta have like three or four at all times. Big Grin

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Very nice! I love the Gen 2 G19s. The only minor complaint I have with the design is that my hands are large enough that my pinky sits right on the crescent cutout at the front of the grip. But that's an easy fix with some Pearce PG-FML baseplates: http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML

Thanks for the heads up on these baseplates.
I just bought 3 of them.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by zxd9:
I'll never own one.
Yeah, quite a few people in this thread have said that very thing, only to come back into this thread weeks or months later, telling us about their new Glock(s).

So, never say never...

I'm one of those peoples.... Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Is this the longest running thread ever on SF, or has there been one longer?

I just have to check in on it from time to time to view some of the latest comments. I will say with 99.9% confidence that I will never purchase a Glock. For those who like them I'm sure they're great; they most definitely have an excellent reputation! I won't say that I'd never OWN one though because if someone were to GIVE me one I'd certainly be happy to try it out. I just know I'll never part with my limited funds when there are still so many Sigs out there! Big Grin

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
One of my Glocks, a 29SF. Yes, I did buy a Glock and I will buy more.

Sig has come to a point where their prices are unbelievably expensive while using MIM cheap parts. I'll buy Glocks and other brands from now on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 2 G19 is my next Glock. my Gen 3 OD G19 is a keeper, but i prefer not having what the Gen 2 doesn't offer; no grooves on the grip and minus the rail that i won't use.

Posts: 866 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of velvetshnitz
posted Hide Post
I own a few guns, some i like a lot more than the glock... But I still pack a G19 90% of the time i pack.

just so easy to shoot and shoot well, plus I don't care in the slightest if it gets banged up. at 15+1 I can go with or without a reload. I know, no reload is less popular, but when the weather is nice I'm seriously less inclined. I mean it's like carrying a j frame and two reloads plus 1 individual round in your pocket jsut in case two reloads don't do it... come on, I ain't likely to run into any hardcore gangbangers + friends where i live. Smile

Dave

-SIG-Sauer P226R 9mm
-SIG-Sauer P226 9mm
-HK P2000sk V3 9mm
-HK P30 V3 9mm
-Glock 19
-Glock 20 Gen 4
-S&W 686 3 inch
-S&W M&P9
-BCM 14.5 carbine
-Arsenal SLR 107Cr

Posts: 1156 | Location: Monroe, WA | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying my latest and only Glock for the pleasure of being able to make modifications and upgrades. Its the most fun I've had working on a gun since I owned 1911's. I like being able to personalize my gun and with the Glock the skys the limit. The only issue I have is the adjustment I have to make when shooting this versus my Sigs. My Glock shoots at a 6 oclock hold and all my other guns sights are combat sighted. However I am having fun adapting and playing, but I'll always love my Sigs first.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
I've got more holsters and mags for 9mm Glocks than Sigs and 1911's combined.

I guess I'm hooked.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ELG:
My Glock shoots at a 6 oclock hold...

Is this the factory setting, or did you play with the sights? I love a 6 o'clock hold!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Is this the factory setting, or did you play with the sights? I love a 6 o'clock hold!

It came like that from the factory.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

It came like that from the factory.

Glad to hear it! All my adjustable-sights pistols and my Garand are set for a 6 o'clock hold, the first mod I did when I bought a Colt Mk4/Series 70 was to add adjustable sights so I could set them for 6 o'clock.

Maybe I won't have to spend that money when I get a Glock. I'm still looking for a G23.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Tested this out today and it functioned flawlessly. I had no problem firing it with the short 10rd mags (no finger or +2 extension).

Conclusion, this gun is bad ass!

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Conclusion, this gun is bad ass!_______RSD1220

Agreed... Bad ass... The 26 is such a great all around gun. It hides well, shoots great, and is reliable as can be..
Congrats

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Last week a Gen2 19
This week a Gen2 17 Im shocked how fortunate I've been in finding these. $399. Smile

This one is an Austrian stamped Gun made in June 89. Still has original blackened parts inside. Should I do the 6 part upgrade? or not worry about it.
It has a little 17 in a circle on the other side on the trigger-guard
Prob CCW this also.
I love the Austrian proof marks.

Man, that's a nice early gen 2 you got there. Made just a couple months into the gen 2's production. Now you just need to find yourself a gen 1. Razz

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Tested this out today and it functioned flawlessly. I had no problem firing it with the short 10rd mags (no finger or +2 extension).

Conclusion, this gun is bad ass!

Check out the G.A.P. mag base plates...helps with the draw...

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeeps
posted Hide Post
I have left the Glock world for M&P, and IMHO it is a better weapon design and construction-wise. I have had several Glocks over all; a 22, 21, 19 and two 30s but I just never shot that well with any of them. The M&P for me is more comfortable to shoot and I can get on the target quicker.

Jeeps
SigPro 2022
Sig Sauer P232

Posts: 120 | Location: Somewhere on the East Coast | Registered: October 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Yeah, might need to pick up a G27 if I can find one or a good price.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
since they sold out

And people hate Ruger for the same type of thing. Ruger's comments saying "who needs more than ten rounds in a mag?"

Roll Eyes

there are different guns for different people.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post