SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT4point6:
What you on find on the Glockstore web site is NOT tied to their inventory. I called to verify before I ordered something and that is what I was told.

Call to be sure or you could end up waiting a very long time...
Every time I hear "Glockstore", I think of George Costanza.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear "Glockstore", I think of George Costanza.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Finally, a program to build custom Glocks has been released...Versions for Apple (iTouch and iPad), PC, and Android are out...Glockmeisters "Build-A-Glock"... Smile

http://noble-empire.com/apps.p...pp=gm&page=downloads

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to report I'm no longer Glockless. Went to the gun show today, did some trading and picked up a 29 and a 19, both Gen 3 for not too much cash. Also something else I've been wanting for a long time but I'll do up a new thread about that one.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, add me to the list of new Glock owners. I just picked my first one up at my LGS. A new Gen 4 Glock 17 with night sights for $482.00 out the door.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Glock is a SIG built to Wal-Mart Specs.

Oops, did I say that? Sorry.

Posts: 164 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Info for those that own Glocks:

GLOCK FAILURES, EXCUSES, AND FIXES

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=4296

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWH321:

Ummmm, yeah, ok then. Roll Eyes

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow...only 3 posts too...way to jump right in to the Tar Pit. I see extinction in your future...

posted Hide Post
quote:

I think he's trying for humor. Most members here take years to learn proper usage of smilies, so give the kid a chance. I thought it was funny! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

I think he's trying for humor. Most members here take years to learn proper usage of smilies, so give the kid a chance. I thought it was funny! Cool

Et tu, Brute?

posted Hide Post
I just bought myself a 22 and 23 in od green for $1k and tax. Kinda feel ripped off. But they seem to work excellent. Already installed night sights in them.

Plus I no longer beat up my Sig for work.

Any tips or things I should be on the look out for? They're both gen3's.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hamiltucky, OH | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
it's no glock, but I did get my hands on a plastic fantastic Big Grin

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm thinking a G17 gen4 with night sights is in your near future. It's out there, and you're thinking about it...hard.

You know you want it.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
it's no glock, but I did get my hands on a plastic fantastic Big Grin

Now THAT is fantastic plastic!

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I was just kidding.

I've been handling Glocks since about 1993 or so (my third-owner well worn Model 19 is sitting beside me right now). I always feel about them kinda like I feel about an old pick-up truck -- its ugly and there's a million things wrong with it, but it always gets me where I gotta go, and it always gets me back home again. And ya d*mn well better not scratch it when you park next to it.

I had always assumed that eventually, Glock would address the asthetics of their guns. I've always found the finish to be "industrial" at best. But apparently, making them pretty is just not on their list of priorities.

But they work, and they don't cost a million dollars (more comparison to Wal-Mart somewhere in there) and, again like Wally World, when I need something, I don't hesitate for a second to go there.

I truly hope that I didn't offend anyone too badly -- never my intent. I'll learn to use smilies from now on. Thanks for not sending me off to extinction.

But it took me for flipping ever to be able to afford a Sig (they don't sell 'em at Wal-Mart). I guess I'm just kinda still a bit giddy.

Posts: 164 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I was just kidding.

I've been handling Glocks since about 1993 or so (my third-owner well worn Model 19 is sitting beside me right now). I always feel about them kinda like I feel about an old pick-up truck -- its ugly and there's a million things wrong with it, but it always gets me where I gotta go, and it always gets me back home again. And ya d*mn well better not scratch it when you park next to it.

I had always assumed that eventually, Glock would address the asthetics of their guns. I've always found the finish to be "industrial" at best. But apparently, making them pretty is just not on their list of priorities.

But they work, and they don't cost a million dollars (more comparison to Wal-Mart somewhere in there) and, again like Wally World, when I need something, I don't hesitate for a second to go there.

I truly hope that I didn't offend anyone too badly -- never my intent. I'll learn to use smilies from now on. Thanks for not sending me off to extinction.

But it took me for flipping ever to be able to afford a Sig (they don't sell 'em at Wal-Mart). I guess I'm just kinda still a bit giddy.

At one time I owned 5 Sigs and no Glocks..
I now own 5 Glocks and 1 Sig, I'll never give up my West German P226..
None of my other Sig pistols ever gave me any problems, I just found I prefer the Glock platform over the DA/SA platform...

And how dare you say my Glocks are ugly.. Mad

Welcome to the forum.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir, those are fine looking Glocks.

Of all the Glocks I've ever seen, those are certainly some of them.

posted Hide Post
I to, have a late night glock.....

Posts: 63 | Location: MA | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post