SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

"I went from owning one Glock, to owning 5 Glocks, selling off 3 Sigs in process"... Big Grin

Well ... I don't know if I'd go that far, but at least you gave into the urge we all get.. and picked up a pistol eveyone should own at some point in their life.
I only gave up an M&P for my Glocks ... Wink

I've still got one Sig left, my beloved WG P226.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
quote:
......That now awkward grip angle is easily adaptable after a range trip or two..
You may tend to present and aim a little high at first, but it is easy to bring that front sight down......

Yes, but that is easily remedied with the GripForce Adapter, at least om my Gen4's. Whether you like/dislike the GFA itself is another issue, but it does bring the front sight down when using a neutral grip. I use the GFA on my Gen4 G34. Oddly, I prefer the M size beavertail adapter on my Gen4 G34.

For me, the grips are noticeably different. The shorter G19 grip creates a different feel, especially with the support hand and the location of the bottom rear grip in the shooting palm. The bottom of my support palm hangs below the bottom of the grip when using the thumbs forward shooting grip. Not saying it is bad...just different from the G34. Probably have to shoot them side-by-side to see what I'm referring to.

I tried the GFA on a Gen 3 G19.
It help a bit, but not enough to justify having an ugly piece of plastic, that was somewhat loose fitting, attached to the grip of my beautiful Glock pistol. Big Grin
I sold mine on eBay..
But I'm glad to see they work for somebody.. Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ May be a difference in fit between Gen3 and Gen4, since the 4 is made for replacement backstraps. Fits well on Gen4. I did have to do some Dremel felt bob mods on mine due to shape and some too sharp edges.

No denying that it is FUGLY though. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
That aftermarket tail does seem seem rather unsightly, which I suppose to some would be quite an achievement considering what the brand's guns already looks like to them.

Even though I like the feel of the extended factory backstrap on my G26 and at least in this pic it looks almost natural on the gun, in the flesh it's like the gun is wearing a bad toupee.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Just added a G17 FDE to the stable.

Half way to owning the Glock 9mm FDE Gen 4 line up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added a G30SF to my little collection of Glocks.
Next is a Gen4 19! The 19 is in my humble opinion the quintessential Glock. Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought I would hate Glocks. Tried to, actually. And I don't. They're pretty good pistols.

But I don't think I'll buy one. Sigs do it for me. If I get the urge for plastic, HK.

Again, nothing against Glock. They make a nice product.

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
I put another 200 rounds through my new 30S and 0 failures. Mixed bag of HP and FMJ 185 and 230. Ran like a top. Fits my G19 holsters as well. Going to pick up some G 21 mags and start carrying it.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianK:
I always thought I would hate Glocks. Tried to, actually. And I don't. They're pretty good pistols.

But I don't think I'll buy one. Sigs do it for me. If I get the urge for plastic, HK.

Again, nothing against Glock. They make a nice product.

That is understood.
I bought a used Var 3 HK USPC 9mm for $500.

Nice pistol.
Slide racked like butta and it was very accurate.
But I don't like external safeties or decockers.
I converted it to LEM....

But ended up trading it for another 9mm P239.
Ended up selling that P239 to a coworker and buying my first G17....

I've been thinking about a Var 3 HK P2000sk, but I can't justify paying $1K for it.. Frown

Besides, I'm spoiled on carrying my G30S or Gen 2 G19, or in cold weather the Gen 2 G17 in a Miami Classic holster with 2 spare 17 rd mags.. Smile

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Here is my OD Green G21 which is my only Glock. I hope to buy a 10 mm SF model and, I very much like the .357 Sig cartridge so, in as much as I like the G 32, I think I may pony up for a OD 31 in the future. My 45 model here sort of bangs away at my trigger finger where it connects to my shooting hand.

I enjoy the heck out of this piece with the lighter and faster rounds. Way more fun than the boom of 230 grainers.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's mine:

Never thought about owning one, but got a great price from a buddy who didn't like it.

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ That's what friends are for! Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
All Cleaned Up and ready for fun!

G17 GenII Austrian Stamped 1989 vintage.
Nearly New Condition. Still has the black parts No 6 part upgrade. Smooth Trigger..
I installed XS BigDots for my older eyes...
I like everything about this gun..

Perhaps The G17 is perfection after all Smile

Worn in my Galco KingTuk Its so darn easy to conceal and so comfy to wear.. FN-A Im in Love...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you're set now, playah.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife - I have been looking at the HK USPc in 9 and/or 45. How would you rate it compared to a 19 or 30? (I know the 30 is a different caliber)

Here is why I'm asking. I've been debating on these guns as the next purchase:
1a. Another P228 WGerman
1b. Glock 30/30s
2. HK USP 9c or 45c
3. Glock 19

I know that the caliber difference changes a lot, but how does it rate for you in comparison to your other handguns? (*if this isn't the right post to discuss then message me. Thanks)

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
1lowlife - I have been looking at the HK USPc in 9 and/or 45. How would you rate it compared to a 19 or 30? (I know the 30 is a different caliber)

Here is why I'm asking. I've been debating on these guns as the next purchase:
1a. Another P228 WGerman
1b. Glock 30/30s
2. HK USP 9c or 45c
3. Glock 19

I know that the caliber difference changes a lot, but how does it rate for you in comparison to your other handguns? (*if this isn't the right post to discuss then message me. Thanks)

Well, I guess the simplest explanation is that I traded that HK USPC9 off for my WG P226, and I now own 5 Glocks.. Big Grin

I only bought that HK because it was only $500 and I'd always wondered what the HK fuss was all about.
That HK was a nice pistol, but I don't care for external safeties or decockers on a carry gun.
I then researched the LEM trigger.
What I found was that much like the Sig DAK trigger (that I loved), people either loved or hated the LEM.
I did the LEM conversion anyway and found I didn't care for it, it was just very different from what I was accustomed to.
I also didn't care much for the HK mag release.
If I would have kept it and shot it more, I may have become more familiar with the HK mag release, but I'm just used to thumbing a release button down to drop a mag..

Out of what you listed I'd go for the G30S (I love mine) or the Glock 19 if you don't have one.
Everyone should at least one G17 or G19..

I think my want for the HK P2000sk, is just that, a want, I don't really need it..
I sure don't have anything I'd want to sell to buy one.. Wink

posted Hide Post
I sold my shield and have been thinking about a glock for quite some time. Well...my LGS had a gen 3 G26 with 3 mags (2 w/pearce extensions and 1 glock extension) for a rather reasonable price and had to jump on it. Picked it up tonight and cannot wait to shoot it. I'm already thinking of a G17. Though a G19 is the perfect size glock (and possibly any other 9mm compact), I have to say the G26 is a great setup. With/without the extensions, it hides rather well and the slide is significantly heaver than the 9mm shield and CW9 I had prior. I actually prefer the additional weight and very very happy with the gun.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I sold my shield and have been thinking about a glock for quite some time. Well...my LGS had a gen 3 G26 with 3 mags (2 w/pearce extensions and 1 glock extension) for a rather reasonable price and had to jump on it. Picked it up tonight and cannot wait to shoot it. I'm already thinking of a G17. Though a G19 is the perfect size glock (and possibly any other 9mm compact), I have to say the G26 is a great setup. With/without the extensions, it hides rather well and the slide is significantly heaver than the 9mm shield and CW9 I had prior. I actually prefer the additional weight and very very happy with the gun.

When I first started carrying, back in 1995 I think, I carried a G26 for 10 years.
I then got caught up in the XD line, then the Sig line, and now I'm back to the Glock line.

As much as I'm loving my G30S, I would bet I'll end up with another Glock 26 in the next year or so.
It might even be my first Gen 4 purchase... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
G26 is never a mistake, and I love the feel of the Gen4. Three Gen4's here, 26,19,21. My favorites.

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I first started carrying, back in 1995 I think, I carried a G26 for 10 years.
I then got caught up in the XD line, then the Sig line, and now I'm back to the Glock line.

As much as I'm loving my G30S, I would bet I'll end up with another Glock 26 in the next year or so.
It might even be my first Gen 4 purchase... Big Grin

I'm no expert but I've owned easily a 100 or more handguns. I've learned what i like and what works for me.. YMMV. I like simplicity, durability and reliability. While I currently ccw a 239-9 due to some limitations recently in our ccw modification process the 239-9 is my favorite hammer fired 9mm an excellent choice I'm grateful to have and use..
That said, I shoot glocks best.
When I renew my CCW and can modify what I can carry...It will be my G17 GenII and a G26 that will be my primary guns. Oddly I shoot the G26 better than any other handgun I've owned.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post