SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Welcome .....Thanks for chiming in.. Roll Eyes ..... good luck to ya... Big Grin

Plus if you don't like what I say thats fine, its ok, no need for rolleyes or passive aggression Smile

Thanks for the essay. Roll Eyes
Although I'll admit I didn't read it all.

I deleted all but the important parts of your post.

It's not so much I don't like what have you to say, it's more that I don't give a fuck.
As the thread title goes, you bought a Glock .
Whether Glock remains to be your favorite choice of firearm is irrelevant in my humble passive-aggressive opinion..

You've convinced me to stop following this thread.
Perhaps you can take pride in that.
Good luck to you Sir..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, I need another 19 like I need another hole in my head, but I just inquired about a Gen 3 19 with what really looks to be the slick "frying pan" finish on the slide. Maybe I'm nuts, but I really like those. We'll see what shakes out.

I recently had thoughts about getting away from the 19 and standardizing on the 17 and 45 for the same magazines, but... it's kind of hard to completely get away from the 19.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Can’t have “too many” 17s and 19s.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Still waiting to find a 43xMOS for near msrp.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Well, he took some great pics of it. Aside from one tiny scratch on the frame, it looks brand new. I'll have a Gen 2, 3, and 4 in the safe. Ran it by my best friend and he said "I also kind of view it as buying the DVD, the Blu-Ray, the director's cut, and ultimately the 4k." I told him "I have the VHS, the Blu-Ray, and the 4k. I think I need the DVD."

So, off I go.

*Edit - Looked brand new. Paid the man, did the paperwork. Now to wait ten days. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
And I personally like being able to buy different variations of the Glock 19.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
And I personally like being able to buy different variations of the Glock 19.

Well, a Gen 5 and an RTF2, and I'll have all the major revisions (not counting those inter-generational changes like with/without the half moon cut and front cocking serrations, etc.) It's not like any of the ones I own is collector grade by a far sight, but it is nice having an example of them over time. I'll have to take a family picture of generations one (it's a 17) through five when I get this one home.

On a related note, the G48 I bought this past summer has not grown on me. I've never shot it or carried it. I just can't get over the notion that if I'm going to go carry a gun that I should just go ahead and carry one of the double stacks I have a redundancy of.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Sage advice. About to add my first "You-Sa" G17 to my hoard, a Gen5.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Welcome .....Thanks for chiming in.. Roll Eyes ..... good luck to ya... Big Grin

Plus if you don't like what I say thats fine, its ok, no need for rolleyes or passive aggression Smile

Thanks for the essay. Roll Eyes
Although I'll admit I didn't read it all.

I deleted all but the important parts of your post.

It's not so much I don't like what have you to say, it's more that I don't give a fuck.
As the thread title goes, you bought a Glock .
Whether Glock remains to be your favorite choice of firearm is irrelevant in my humble passive-aggressive opinion..

You've convinced me to stop following this thread.
Perhaps you can take pride in that.
Good luck to you Sir..

Watch your language, you're acting like I came to where you work and slapped the Dick out of your mouth or something.

Actually the Glocks I bought were purchased several years before this thread ever came into existance in 2009.

I'm pre "You Will Buy A Glock" so if this was called "You Already bought a Glock" it would apply to me.

Since it doesn't this thread doesn't apply to me I'm pre-thread sorry buddy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 3 19 and a Gen 5 19 with a RMR. Also Gen 3 26 and 32.

I am holding out for a 41 MOS Blue Label.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've never been a fan of Glocks and part of it might just be my elitist ego... because they are so popular... I've used the excuse that they are just plane butt ugly... but had to back off on that a bit for the simple fact that I found out they aren't half as ugly once you own one...
I bought 3 last year. I still don't think the whole move to striker fired and poly was a wise decision in the gun industry.... but then my Sig P320 compact with the Romeo site is the damnedest most accurate thing I've ever shot.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1lowlife:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Austin228:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1lowlife:

How about both of you just knock it off. This is a fun thread and you guys keep shitting on it.
Ps I've bought several Glocks and am currently enjoying my G43x.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Lol damn. Talk about posturing. You fellas need a Valium.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:

How about both of you just knock it off.

Some great advice here; suggest you heed it.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about both of you just knock it off. This is a fun thread and you guys keep shitting on it.

Best post on page yet.

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Best post on page yet.

I 100% agree.

But does it make me a bad person that I literally laughed out loud at. Frown Smile

“ you're acting like I came to where you work and slapped the Dick out of your mouth or something.”

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t going into my load out of insults. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Any word on if there will be a Gen5 G21?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Any word on if there will be a Gen5 G21?

Yes. Would also like a gen 5 17L

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A generation 5 G21 and a G34 with an optic cut, would be on the list. I will end up buying both.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hell yes on that G34. I'm liking the Gen 5 a lot so far. Honestly, if I find a great deal on a 34 or even 17L of any generation, I'll grab one, but a Gen 5 would be pretty sweet.