SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://inside.safariland.com/...on/mounting-options/

Look at the options under the “Concealment” graphic.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I also looked at the ALS, and it seems to be too bulky for concealed carry...

I'm trying to navigate their website to see about mounting options to carry flat-up against the body

Even though Safariland might list some of the ALS models as "concealment" holsters, the reality is that they're all large, bulky holsters that are only suitable for concealment under something like a large coat.

Rather, the higher level retention ALS holsters are intended for law enforcement duty carry, and their lower level "concealment" ALS holsters are really only suited for stuff like soft uniform/plainclothes open carry, or for range use.

ALS holsters are great holsters, for their intended role of active retention open carry holsters. They're simply not concealment holsters, regardless of which belt attachment method you use.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that, for now, I'll get a paddle holster from Don HUme, same style I've been using for many years, then look later for something better. Besides, Don Hume has a sale going on today!

I thought about a DeSaantis F>A>M>S> but the retention strap just adds to the bulk up top where it counts.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I think that, for now, I'll get a paddle holster from Don HUme, same style I've been using for many years, then look later for something better. Besides, Don Hume has a sale going on today!

I thought about a DeSaantis F>A>M>S> but the retention strap just adds to the bulk up top where it counts.

I've been using the FAMS for years now, for an off duty leather, I love them. My only complaint is they don't make one for my 43X!

I don't find that the retention strap adds any bulk to the holster.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironically, the holster I wanted was sold out, no definite time for re-stock, and I think they'e imported from Mexico. I ordered the FAMS from Amazon, but for my just-acquired P229.

I'll report back when I get it, and if it works for the Sig, I'll get one for the Glock.

I've been looking at the FAMS for a while, thanks for recommending it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have there been any endemic issues with the G45 or has it been fairly rock solid.

Thinking about 45 MOS.

Thanks all,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with my G45.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 45 was from when they first came out. Had the slide cut by Maple Leaf to fit an RMR. A coworker just took it to a outdoor class two weeks ago and burned through 1200 rds (mix of 124 and 147 gr) with zero issues. I probably have a few thousand rounds through it before class with very rare cleanings. lol, I'm lazy. He did clean and lube it before and after class.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Have there been any endemic issues with the G45 or has it been fairly rock solid.

Thinking about 45 MOS.

Thanks all,
Chris

I bought my adult son a 45 MOS with an RMR and between the two of us it has about 1500 rounds through it without a single issue. Those rounds were all hard training rounds. Draw fire one, draw fire multiple shots, and draw fire multiple targets. It has been wrung out enough for my to trust it completely.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My 45 MOS is issued and I have a Holosun 507c green mounted. Never a moments trouble. Trust it wholeheartedly to get me home safe every day.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G45? Mine has been completely reliable. It's just a G19 that's simply running with G17 mags (and an elongated grip to match). I've never had any issues using upsized factory mags in any G19 of any generation.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I've only run 500 or so rounds thru my G45 with no issues.
Feeds all my G17 mags fine.

My Gen 2 19 and 17 used to be my favorite Glocks.
The favorite now is the G45.

Looking back I should have bought a MOS just to have the option of an RMR.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Appreciate it all. I realize it’s basically a G19 with a G17 mag with a “fixed spacer” if you will (full grip). I just wanted to make sure there were no manufacturing or QC gotchas that had cropped up.

Once again, thank you much.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I know of a couple of federal SRT units that have G45s. Haven’t heard of the first complaint.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to handle a Glock 22 gen 5 today. I’m going to pick one up in the future. I liked the feel better than the Gen 4

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
endemic issues with the G45

I've a few. I think its the perfect glock when running an optic. The longer barrel is useless with an RMR and the longer grip is way better than a 19.
20K rounds of competitive use and not a single issue in factory MOS versions.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned Glocks since the Gen3's. then I got into the Gen 4's. I made a 80% out of my Gen 3 17. I didn't care for it so I sold it.

I purchased my Gen 4's when they came out and had many problems with them, after trying to resolve the problems, I just sold them. Then the Gen 5 came out and soon I purchased one and it was perfect. But then I got into the Sig P320 it's a superior pistol to the Glock for many reasons, now I have 3 and may be getting another. I now also have a p365 SAS and it's the best, will be getting a 365XL soon. I also have got into Walther PDP it's a keeper more to come.

So Glock has lost it's status with me so the 19 is gone. Unless Glock brings it's guns into competition with the newer guns I won't be returning to them. I doubt very much Glock will do anything since all guns are selling at crazy levels but I good with that since Glock isn't on my list any more.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
I've owned Glocks since the Gen3's. then I got into the Gen 4's. I made a 80% out of my Gen 3 17. I didn't care for it so I sold it.

I purchased my Gen 4's when they came out and had many problems with them, after trying to resolve the problems, I just sold them. Then the Gen 5 came out and soon I purchased one and it was perfect. But then I got into the Sig P320 it's a superior pistol to the Glock for many reasons, now I have 3 and may be getting another. I now also have a p365 SAS and it's the best, will be getting a 365XL soon. I also have got into Walther PDP it's a keeper more to come.

So Glock has lost it's status with me so the 19 is gone. Unless Glock brings it's guns into competition with the newer guns I won't be returning to them. I doubt very much Glock will do anything since all guns are selling at crazy levels but I good with that since Glock isn't on my list any more.

Welcome to the forum jjc..

Keep in mind the thread title and yes, you did buy a Glock(s).
Thanks for chiming in.. Roll Eyes

I'll take a Glock over a Sig based on my 28 years of handgun ownership..

Sig lost me when it started making 21 variations (different colors) of the same pistol.
Quality control when to shit, or at least that was my experience in the newer(?) Sigs I purchased and sold.

I once owned 9 Sig Sauer pistols, I now own 2 and they are 1990 and 1994 West German Sigs.

I own 11 Glocks, have owned 16.
Only 1 had a problem fixed with a $6 part, I had bought it used.
Zero problems with the other 10 of them, or the 5 I've sold.
Those 5 just didn't fit my needs.

G45 has quickly become my favorite over my Gen 2 19 and 17s.

SO sorry the Glock didn't fit your needs.
To each their own, good luck to ya... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Welcome .....Thanks for chiming in.. Roll Eyes ..... good luck to ya... Big Grin

I deleted all but the important parts of your post where you dig at the other guy....

Your post is funny because taking the last few years into account Glock has departed from a pretty easy catalog of items to a hot mess of a catalog.

For example "A Glock 19, Glock 19X, Glock 19M, Glock 19 Mariner walk into a bar".

If you want to be a FBI wannabe get a Glock 19M, if you want to shoot underwater buy the Mariner, if you want to have a Glock 19 slide on a Glock 17 frame get a 19X(or a Glock 45).

Glock is finally spreading its wings with more variants than is necessary at this point, SIG would be proud.

+ variant names that don't quite sum up what a gun is; Glock 43, Glock 43X and Glock 48 I'm looking at you 3.

Glock 19X could be called a Glock 17S(short) and be more true to what frame/magazines it uses)

Glocks are nice but if I bought 16 of them I'd be wondering about the return on investment as they basically gain no value over time (in fact they lose it if you consider the advances of later generations).

It seems no one else here buys things with an idea that they should gain some value if you would sell them later.

I wonder why buy more than the 3 main sizes(i.e. G17, G19, G26) but I digress.
*this is pre Glock releasing 5 types of Glock 19, the G43, G43X, G48 etc in the last few years*

Nice thing about German SIGs, well the ones I bought for between $300-600 (my P6 was I believe $350 when I bought it for example).

If I wanted I could sell them for $1000-$2000 each due to them being conjured into existence by magic german gnome's. (joke)

My Glock 32 and Glock 30 were like 600 bucks and I could get about that for them probably.

My Glock 32 had a locking block failure after a string of shots once, became completely non-functional, I noticed the slide didn't go back to its regular place after a shot. (this would not have been *fun* in a defensive scenario*)

Luckily this was at the range. (Red's Indoor Range ask Red sometime Wink

It goes to show that even "Perfection" can fail you. (it's a Gen 3 I bought around 2004 so I remember the first ones frames were perhaps iffy on the .40/.357)

Glock fixed it for free so that was nice and then I keep on trucking with it as my EDC till it got hung up around 2017.

I do like my Glocks as between my Glock 32 and Glock 30SF I have 5 calibers with all the barrels (.357SIG, .40 S&W, 9mm with the Glock 32 and .45 ACP and 10mmm in the Glock 30SF)

I like how I can basically shoot any modern auto-pistol caliber from just two robust guns and if they break Glock will fix them, unlike SIG whose support of products once you buy them can be hit or miss or they drop products completely with no parts support later.

Glock 32 was by far my most carried gun and gun that has the most rounds through it AND with which I am most confident in my shooting abilities due to using so much.

Most of my nicest SIGs are complete Safe Queens(TM) with no rounds fired if I got them brand new.

Such as my 2001 AB date coded P220 9mm EU I bought for I think 600 on this very website back when there was all sorts of gun of the month stuff in the 2004-2007 Sigforum era.

I have seen those go for very high prices and mine is seriously Like "NIB" or NRA Excellent condition.

As far as any issues with Glock 45s, my buddy has a G19X which is basically a Glock 45 in a lot of ways and he's had no problems with it and I've seen others using it at ranges and asked and again I've personally heard no problems and my friend has shot at least a thousand rounds through his without issue.

I have been around guns and used them for 30 years, although I don't think that gives me any more valid of an opinion that anyone else.

Plus if you don't like what I say thats fine, its ok, no need for rolleyes or passive aggression Smile

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:

I have the same opinion as jjc above. The P320 trigger out of the box is much better than the G19 I had after trigger enhancements. The Sig grip angle is better, and the P320X grip has flat sides, similar to a Glock, which give the brain feed back and makes the pistol more natural to shoot.

P320 Carry is the same concept as the G45 MOS. Only draw back to the Carry is you have to send it out for the optics cut, or use the Romeo 1 Pro. R1Pro is not my first choice for a dot optic.

Sold my Glocks, except for the G20.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post