SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of beretta-neo
posted Hide Post
I do love mine - going to shoot it again tomorrow Smile

Posts: 530 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I'm still looking for a P229 (ad slipped to Pg 2 of Classifieds), but decided that I didn't want to be the only SigForum member who didn't own a G19. Picked up a G3 NIB today!

There's a 20% coupon enclosed for when I register the warranty, which I think I'll use to get some night sights. Other than that and maybe a 25 cent trigger job, otherwise I intend to leave it stock.

Congrats...

Love 'em or hate 'em, I feel every collection should have at least one Glock in it..
Be it a G19, G17 (Gen of your choice), or my favorite G45..
Gotta have one Glock in the safe or on the hipp...

Posts: 4313 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I picked up a 43 for my oldest on her 22nd birthday. She went out of state to spend the day with her boyfriend (kid actually has a good job in Georgia) and I came to realize she needed one of her own.

Here at the house she has access to mine in the safe etc. She is trained and we go to the range (not as much as dad would like).

So yesterday, a 43 followed me home, a box of ammo for practice, box of carry load, and a coupon for a range day with dad Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3067 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Yesterday, I picked up a 43 for my oldest on her 22nd birthday. She went out of state to spend the day with her boyfriend (kid actually has a good job in Georgia) and I came to realize she needed one of her own.

Here at the house she has access to mine in the safe etc. She is trained and we go to the range (not as much as dad would like).

So yesterday, a 43 followed me home, a box of ammo for practice, box of carry load, and a coupon for a range day with dad Smile
^^^^^^ Good birthday present.... By the way you can adopt me and my birthday is next friday the 26th. ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 998 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beretta-neo:

How many rounds do you have through it? Any reliability issues?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35508 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Congrats...

Love 'em or hate 'em, I feel every collection should have at least one Glock in it..

Thanks!

I've got a health problem I'm working on, if I can get it taken care of, my next move is a Concealed Carry Permit.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 8815 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beretta-neo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

How many rounds do you have through it? Any reliability issues?

I have only had it about 2 weeks.

I have already shot 400 rounds thru it. It is awesome.

I had a few issues in the first 50 rounds. I then switched to 124gr ammo, and it ran fine.

Some new guns need 124 for break in. After fifty rounds of 124gr FMJ, I went back to 115gr, and I have had no further issues.

I am sending off a Glock 19 to them soon, for the same service.

Posts: 530 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Glocks don't need breaking in.

Posts: 95713 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beretta-neo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Well, this is not your normal Glock.

They lightened the slide with different cutouts. Also, more metal is removed when they change the serrations.

And, they spring the gun very lightly, to where it just functions. By doing all that, there is less recoil.

I honestly did not believe the hype, and just got the Wick package because it was cool. But damn, it does have less recoil than a stock Glock 34.

I am very pleased with it.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you. I’ve been on the fence about having one done, but my biggest hang up is what generation I want to have done.

Thanks for the feedback.

What exactly does the “Wick” package have that the standard Combat Master doesn’t?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35508 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beretta-neo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Thank you. I’ve been on the fence about having one done, but my biggest hang up is what generation I want to have done.

Thanks for the feedback.

What exactly does the “Wick” package have that the standard Combat Master doesn’t?

You just have to decide what you want. The normal Combat Master is totally customizable. You can get anything you want, leave out some things, get a specific magwell, no magwell, competition trigger, carry trigger, etc...

Look at the stats on the Wick 34 and see if you like it "as is." If not, then order from the customizable Combat Master link.

When I send in my G19, I am not getting any magwell on it. Gen 5 already has a built in magwell type opening. And, the grip is shorter. I decided to skip that.

You can do anything you want. Even choose between 4 different finishes.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Those cosmetic changes are certainly an acquired taste, but I don't like racegun looking Pistols in general so it follows.

I bet it shoots nice, regardless.

Posts: 25357 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beretta-neo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Those cosmetic changes are certainly an acquired taste, but I don't like racegun looking Pistols in general so it follows.

I bet it shoots nice, regardless.

Oh, it shoots amazingly well. 3lb trigger. Less recoil with the changes they made. Grip is better because they did a grip reduction. My favorite gun I own

posted Hide Post
That is a nice pistol. I liked the TTI pistol line.

On a side note, I think we need to change the title of this thread to-

"You will buy Glocks"

The more of the Glocks I see, I find I need more.

Posts: 5778 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:

What about that copper stuff that comes in your new glock?

I've heard this about that copper stuff but also heard its for storage so who knows?

"It is hi-temp copper anti-seize, and it helps with aiding break in within the slide rails & frame."

I also see this when I'm researching it
"
Per Glock:

The copper colored lubricant on
portions of the slide of brand new GLOCK pistols is
intended to help provide long-term lubrication and
should not be removed"

so it's possibly up in the air or Glocks do need a break-in period

Posts: 1232 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
quote:

I've heard this about that copper stuff but also heard its for storage so who knows?

"It is hi-temp copper anti-seize, and it helps with aiding break in within the slide rails & frame."

I also see this when I'm researching it
"
Per Glock:

The copper colored lubricant on
portions of the slide of brand new GLOCK pistols is
intended to help provide long-term lubrication and
should not be removed"

I recently bought a new Glock after 30 yrs. so I was curious about this too.
So I opened up the manual that came w/ it and found-

Your Glock pistol should be cleaned and lubricated as follows:
1.when brand new, before first time it is fired,
Then later it says to brush the rail cuts w/ brush and lubricant and then wipe them w/ a clean patch.
Repeat until the patch remains clean (except copper colored lont-term lubrication).

So it sounds like you're going to remove most of the copper lube but not worry about any residual.

Posts: 6280 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
quote:

"I've heard this about that copper stuff but also heard its for storage so who knows?" Good grief, man. Stop guessing. Glocks do not need to be broken in.

Tell me what happens if you remove the copper anti-seize from the pistol. Tell me. Do you know? Apparently, you don't.
quote:
Good grief. No, it's not "up in the air". You go on and keep thinking that Glocks need breaking in, but stop spreading misinformation. You're just talking out of your ass. Roll Eyes

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You're just talking out of your ass. Roll Eyes

umm no, I actually researched the net because I was wondering.

I have 2 glocks and yes I did take it off (after the first shooting with both which was like 500+ rounds).

One of them had a breach block failure during regular shooting after about 3500 rounds with Winchester ammo, do you not believe that could happen to a Glock?

I know it will just earn more of your ire but you only quoted me on what you wanted and completely omitted stuff like this I had found on the net...

I've read more and some say its a kind of Loctite?

I am definitely not saying that without that stuff a Glock is immediately going to have FTE's and FTF's and explode, they are great guns we should all own one or 10+ whatever you want.

I am also not trying to shame Glock or make Glock look bad.

I was more truly interested in the answer.

edit: I'm a dumb Smile, removed the unfounded quote I had in there from the internet

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1232 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What happens if you remove the copper anti-seize from the pistol? You don't even know why it's there in the first place.

Here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...940035424#5940035424

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
edit: oh thank you for that Parabellum I should have searched Sigforum results not the internet Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,