SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Truth be told, by the numbers/magazine racing the Dagger is absolutely a better G19(better sights, better grip etc.). But to say it’s a BETTER GUN frankly remains to be seen. Glock is used by a metric ton of both civilian shooters and .mil/Leo alike. It has the history, it’s proven. The Dagger isn’t and frankly will likely never be at near the same level. Does that make it a POS? Probably not, I don’t know it’s one I have no practical experience with but my guess is it’s a decent gun. At $299 something has to give though and my guess it will be QC.

If I have any real complaint about the Dagger without shooting one it’s that every asshole and their brother wants to build YET ANOTHER GLOCK 19. Don’t get me wrong the Glock 19 is a awesome gun but YAWN, I am tired of the same striker fired 9mm again and again and again

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
@Beretta92, if you don't mind me asking, who is that Holster brand?

https://stealthoperator.com/co...ompact-black-holster

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
quote:

Perfect, thank you.
My son wanted a holster like that for his Glocks with different barrel lengths, to avoid investing in a draw full of holsters like many of us have.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
quote:

Perfect, thank you.
My son wanted a holster like that for his Glocks with different barrel lengths, to avoid investing in a draw full of holsters like many of us have.

I found both the FDE Phalanx Stealth Operator Holsters I have now on eBay CHEAP!
Look around & you will find them under $20 & that's a bargain for what you are getting IMO

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I will never ever buy a Glock!! I'm old I don't like plastic I don't stryker fired and I find them to be very ugly. I know they are good guns but I'll never get one.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by largebore1:
I will never ever buy a Glock!! I'm old I don't like plastic I don't stryker fired and I find them to be very ugly. I know they are good guns but I'll never get one.

Are you jjc’s gramps by chance?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good, more for the rest of us. According to jjc, there aren't as many as you'd think anyway...

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Truth be told, by the numbers/magazine racing the Dagger is absolutely a better G19(better sights, better grip etc.). But to say it’s a BETTER GUN frankly remains to be seen. Glock is used by a metric ton of both civilian shooters and .mil/Leo alike. It has the history, it’s proven. The Dagger isn’t and frankly will likely never be at near the same level. Does that make it a POS? Probably not, I don’t know it’s one I have no practical experience with but my guess is it’s a decent gun. At $299 something has to give though and my guess it will be QC.

If I have any real complaint about the Dagger without shooting one it’s that every asshole and their brother wants to build YET ANOTHER GLOCK 19. Don’t get me wrong the Glock 19 is a awesome gun but YAWN, I am tired of the same striker fired 9mm again and again and again

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey boys, we got a live one over here!!

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm old I don't like plastic I don't stryker fired and I find them to be very ugly. I know they are good guns but I'll never get one.
When you want to dig a hole, you don't need a pretty shovel.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Glock-E...-Pouch/dp/B000KOOUOS

I couldn’t resist. Smile

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I couldn’t resist. Smile

Thanks- that cost me $38 for the Glock FM 81 knife.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well……you bought a Glock. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well……you bought a Glock. Smile

True story- my other Glocks are a couple Gen-5-17s. Pretty much like everything about them.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
quote:

I couldn’t resist. Smile

I almost snagged that knife locally in FDE color. I saw some interesting history on Glocks first attempt at a battle knife. I know there first contract was for Austria to attach as a bayonet for the Aug. Prior to that, Gaston made a sample knife for someone important and the knife was slipped into a desk drawer, banged by the mans hand and the damn blade broke in two. Later in the video showed the new knife being whacked with quite a hammer and it didnt break.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's interesting David.

For the price and being made in Austria I picked up one for myself and one for my cousin.

Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I've had a Glock knife for a couple of years. It's the least of my spending problems.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a few glocks… 22, 43, and currently have a 17gen5. They’re another tool, they shoot well, and variety is the spice of life. I trained on them in the academy but carried a 226. While not in my #1 favorite and most sexy pistol ever, they’re fun to shoot and do so well. I don’t see what all the rabid anti glock negativity is all about. Don’t want one, don’t buy one.

Posts: 36 | Location: S. Oregon | Registered: December 23, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock - actually I did, several of them. Recently sold them all, Glock mags, Glock holsters and Glock parts. Bought Sigs with the sale proceeds. Nothing wrong with Glocks but sometimes change is good, after all this is a Sig Forum!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TBL004,

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't change firearms like I'm changing my underwear. It's best to pick a platform and stick with it.

For one thing, the grip angles of Glocks and SIGs are different, making these two brands of pistols point differntly. You might want to take this into consideration.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post