SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo I resurrected from my archives. The pistol is long gone. I'm now shooting a G17 Gen 5.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you hjs, I knew someone had these. Hope we see others.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a gen5 17L

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock worked for Tony Soprano.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Love the 17L hjs.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My main carry gun is a Glock 17 Gen 5. It’s used for carry, nightstand and comp. I also have a 43X for the soon to be summertime.

They’re the easiest guns to use and a cave,an can work on them without issue.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Ordered a P365XL. Told my wife I plan on selling something to finance it. So, G43, G48 or G19 Gen5. All with a few custom features. I'm thinking the G48 but I guess I'll know more after I get my hands on the P365XL at the range. Could be the G19. I like all of these pistols, but sadly, one needs to go.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MSG21
posted Hide Post
I bought a G20 last week. It’s a joy to shoot, with less recoil than you might imagine.

“Pray not for lighter burdens but for stronger backs.”

Posts: 264 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MSG21:
I bought a G20 last week. It’s a joy to shoot, with less recoil than you might imagine.

Indeed, even with full house SD loads.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late, but here are a few pix of my 17L:

My "20L"

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice pair of long slides Rawny. Is your 10mm gun a G40 slide on a G20 frame? I am a little confused how the KKM is marked. Also, I like those extended controls and its rear sight looks something similar to Bomar? Happy Easter and thank you for posting these.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MSG21:

Love my G20. Have it loaded with the 200 grain HST and not a hiccup. When I woods carry I use the Buffalo Bore 190 grain dangerous game. Have not had a problem with that load either.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Very nice pair of long slides Rawny. Is your 10mm gun a G40 slide on a G20 frame? I am a little confused how the KKM is marked. Also, I like those extended controls and its rear sight looks something similar to Bomar? Happy Easter and thank you for posting these.

Good eyes. Those are Bo-Mars, with Dawson's up front. I had to dig it out to check. This was a group project using a .45 long slide made by a German company which name escaped me. We convinced KKM to make us a batch of 10mm conversion barrels to fit the slide. I think we had to order at least twenty barrels. It rides on my G21 frame. The G40 wasn't around 15 years ago, so we made our own. Big Grin

Here are a couple of new ones:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rawny,

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. First time I have ever seen a Bomar mounted on a Glock. Its a nice pistol. Being a 10mm, what is your use for it? It would be a great hunting pistol.

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Been trying to find a slide for Glock29SF to have an optic mounted on it while keeping the original "virgin." Any suggestions as to where I could find a backup slide?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Still do not own a Glock.

I once owned a Glock for 24 hours. They don't like me. I've decided not to offend them with my presence. It's been a good relationship.

I try them out from time to time but there's never any improvement. Nothing against Glock in general. Just not a fit for me.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thank you. First time I have ever seen a Bomar mounted on a Glock. Its a nice pistol. Being a 10mm, what is your use for it? It would be a great hunting pistol.
It's just a range toy for now, as I don't hunt. I might try it one day, if opportunity comes.

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a gently used (honestly it looks unfired to me, still has the copper factory grease) G23.4 for a steal locally. Swapped in a set of the Ameriglo trooper sights, ordered a .357Sig barrel & 5 new mags. Excited about this one, haven't had a .40 in several years now, but took in a couple of cases of ammo in trade.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I once owned a Glock ...

The prophecy has been fulfilled.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I once owned a Glock ...

The prophecy has been fulfilled.

So that it is written so shall it be done. Smile

All jokes aside, nothing wrong with folks who genuinely don’t like Glocks for the myriad of practical reasons Glocks have to not like them. It’s the folks who just flat out hate Glocks because REASONS!! for nothing more then they are Glocks that bug me. That goes for any gun for that matter. Get a little experience behind X, Y or Z before arbitrarily hating on it. I mean there are lots of things I don’t care for about Glocks…………I did however buy/own one….or two or…….well I hav experience with them, let’s just leave it at that. Frown Smile Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post