SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBL004:
after all this is a Sig Forum!

And most Mexican restaurants have cheeseburgers on the menu.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, I don't change firearms like I'm changing my underwear. It's best to pick a platform and stick with it.

For one thing, the grip angles of Glocks and SIGs are different, making these two brands of pistols point differntly. You might want to take this into consideration.

Coincidentally, I don't change firearms like changing underwear either. And I would agree to pick a platform and stick with it. I carried a Glock (either G21, G22, G23 or G27) everyday for over 25 years. As a department firearms instructor and Glock armorer I was very familiar with Glock pistols. About six months ago I was in the market for a new EDC firearm. My short list included G43X, S&W Shield, Sig P365 and Taurus GX4. After renting each of those models and shooting them; G43X, Shield and 365 several times, the Sig P365 was the one that checked all the boxes. Not bad rapping Glocks at all, actually when family and friends ask me for a firearm recommendation Glock is my first recommendation. Since the P365 acquisition, and the 365X, I've had the opportunity to shoot over 1K rounds. Am I a Sig 365 expert? No, not even close. Again nothing wrong with Glocks but sometimes a change is good (at least for me).

Posts: 12 | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think there are two ways to look at it.

for sure if you are going to carry and practice with a pistol for the potential to use it in a defensive situation, then i think one platform and pretty much one type of pistol is best for this.

But if you are sort of kind of into the sport of shooting and collecting then by all means try different brands and types.... it's fun and if for no other reason.... what better way to find out and be able to comment on a brand of gun?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coincidentally, I don't change firearms like changing underwear either. And I would agree to pick a platform and stick with it. I carried a Glock (either G21, G22, G23 or G27) everyday for over 25 years. As a department firearms instructor and Glock armorer I was very familiar with Glock pistols.

About six months ago I was in the market for a new EDC firearm. My short list included […] Taurus GX4.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I love to check in the thread every once in a while. No Glock yet but I did get a P365 Tac Pack and a 1911. I know at some point I'll be pulled to the dark side.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

And look who started the thread.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by papaac:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

And look who started the thread.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching new members tell the owner what the name of his forum is.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
One of my guilty pleasures is watching new members tell the owner what the name of his forum is.

Ditto!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I used to have a few Germans and one Austrian (Sig P228, P229, and an HK P7M8...Glock 21.3)

Now I have a bunch of Austrians and one German (G21.3, G19M, G23.4, G43X, G19M MOS, and G17M MOS....Sig Sauer P225)

At some point, retirement will come calling and I foresee myself spending my days carrying the P225 or G43X around town. (I regret that the P7 is not in that rotation).

All very fine pistols. The MOS's are on order and should be here soon. We'll see if the Red Dots changes the equation at all.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I really like the long slides. Got to handle the 10mm gun a bit. Lets see some 17Ls and 34s. Post up some long slides.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Just picked this up yesterday. 17M

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I really like the long slides. Got to handle the 10mm gun a bit. Lets see some 17Ls and 34s. Post up some long slides.
ousou

Went to Bass Pro about 8 months ago and was going to get the 40. But because my drivers license had some wear and tear they wouldn't accept my ID. Went to Sportsmens Warehouse and ended up with the 20. a little disappointed because I really wanted the long slide. I agree, just something about the long slides that just feels right.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:

My favorite Longslide. Not a 17L or a 34 …

AMT Longslide Hardballer 45, on Kimber polymer frame.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wow! Now that is a long slide right there. Havn't seen one on a 1911 in many years. Nice Gen 5 gun got2hav1. Those are so clean without the forward slide serrations. Looks like its slide release is extended also. OK guys, where'z them long slide Glocks? Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobre sig:
quote:
ousou

Went to Bass Pro about 8 months ago and was going to get the 40. But because my drivers license had some wear and tear they wouldn't accept my ID. Went to Sportsmens Warehouse and ended up with the 20. a little disappointed because I really wanted the long slide. I agree, just something about the long slides that just feels right.
Yes and I've not seen a Gen 5 17L. The 17L also seems to be higher priced.

posted Hide Post
Speaking of Glock, yesterday I went on-line to their site yesterday for the first time in a couple of months. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but all of the Gen 4 models have a banner on them for Law Enforcement Only now.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A statement from GLOCK:

“In an effort to intelligently preserve and grow the GLOCK brand and deliver uncompromised quality and maximum customer satisfaction, we are focused on our mission of future-oriented manufacturing technologies. This includes extending the latest Gen5 technology enhancements to the .40 caliber line of pistols. Availability will begin in October (2020); however, the focus will be on supporting existing .40 caliber agencies on transitioning to the latest technologies within the law enforcement market. While we will continue to support fielded Gen4 pistols and agencies with Gen4 models, we have stopped 9×19 and .40 caliber Gen4 productions for the US commercial market. We look forward to bringing the performance improvements of the Gen5 technologies to other areas of product development.”

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Speaking of Glock, yesterday I went on-line to their site yesterday for the first time in a couple of months. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but all of the Gen 4 models have a banner on them for Law Enforcement Only now.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Thanks! That would explain it; I grabbed the first Gen 5 model 22 spotted in the wild by me about 15 months ago.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. They don't make Gen 2's anymore. Only reason the Gen 3 is still in production is because of California's approved roster nonsense, or it would've been discontinued long ago.

I'm with David Lee. I want a 17L. That's gotta happen at some point. I want a first gen, but I don't want to pay first gen prices. A Gen 2 would be pretty sweet.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Added a 17 gen 5 MOS to the collection today, very nice

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post