SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I finally bought a 43x. Only have to wait 10 business days…

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never have purchased a Glock and I probably never will. I don't care for them and there are too many quality striker fired polymer framed hand guns to choose from that has a different grip angle I prefer out there to settle on a grip angle I don't care for. If Glocks work for someone, great, bit they are not for everyone.

Don't ever think the reason I am peaceful is because I forgot how to be violent

Posts: 17 | Location: Asheville | Registered: May 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Ken226, I'm a little confused. Simply put, you're saying that the rear sight channel on your Gov contract CBP-only pistol has different dimensions than your 17 and 34?

It isn't a CBP only pistol, at least not anymore. USSS has started transitioning to it, as well as some local police departments. I think any agency willing to buy in bulk can get them directly from Glock. I know for certain of one local PD who did.

But, no. It has the same dovetail as any other Glock, but in the typical MOS location. Further back than the non-mos Glocks.

Since Ameriglo lists different sights for the MOS and non-MOS guns, im wondering if there's any reason I can't use the specific GL-885R model that comes on the 47, on my non MOS G17.

When I ordered 2 of the GL-885R rear sights, I forgot that they list a different sight for the non MOS version.

It seems that it'll probably fit fine, just mounted a little further forward than it should be. But, the standard plastic sights are mounted forward of the rear face of the slide anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem?

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I was hoping some of the Glock enthusiasts here might be able to point out if there was a reason other than cosmetics that Ameriglo sells different sights for the MOS and non-MOS models.

I had this discussion here 2 years ago, but at the time the 885R rear sight wasn't available. Now it is.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...930052174#2930052174

If jjones or txpof are still around, they're pretty knowledgeable about Glocks.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had trigger time with both a G42 and improved Gen1 LCP? If so, does the 42 have substantial handling advantages over the LCP? I have an LCP Custom, and like it, but I’m having straying thoughts about getting an optic cut and TLR6 on a G42.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
and another Glock....G30 Gen4 purchased locally today. This will make a great companion to my G21.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Still no Glocks, no strikers, and no plastic frames. I have added a few guns I've been looking for a long time, including this German P229 40 SL Sport (SS frame, bull barrel), fairly rare in the US. This one made it here with no import stamp. (I have stock grips as well):

https://i.imgur.com/ozF8Hfl.jpg

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
Still no Glocks;
<snip>
https://i.imgur.com/ozF8Hfl.jpg

Actually, that kinda looks like a Glock … if you squint real hard … and turn off the lights Big Grin

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You people did it to me again. This one is a gen 4 17. I was out shooting my SP2340 with DAO last weekend and decided after about 15 years that I hated that gun. Part of it is that I'm becoming "recoil sensitive" or in other terms I'm turning soft. So in the last year and a half I go from no glocks to a 43, 43x, 20 and now a 17.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answering the eternal question..."Does it take Glock mags?"...

Technically very much not a Glock, but I just added a CMMG Banshee 10mm that gladly runs with my horde of existing Glock factory magazines. A nice PCCish complement with my G20. And I'm about to pick up a B&T Glock-compatible lower for my recently purchased APC9.

Even when I'm not buying an actual Glock, their guns STILL often impact what I do end up buying.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobre sig:
You people did it to me again. This one is a gen 4 17. I was out shooting my SP2340 with DAO last weekend and decided after about 15 years that I hated that gun. Part of it is that I'm becoming "recoil sensitive" or in other terms I'm turning soft. So in the last year and a half I go from no glocks to a 43, 43x, 20 and now a 17.

Isn’t the 20 a 10mm (a 40 on steroid)?
Maybe you should try the legendary fat & slow round 45acp! (If you haven’t already)

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by cobre sig:

Isn’t the 20 a 10mm (a 40 on steroid)?
Maybe you should try the legendary fat & slow round 45acp! (If you haven’t already)

Yea, recoil sensitive and buying a g20 doesn't seem to make sense. I got the 20 strictly as a woods gun. I don't shoot it that often and surprisingly seems to have less recoil than my .40. I haven't shot a .45 in years, perhaps its time to try it. Problem is that if I really liked it I would be buying another gun. It just doesn't stop.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I had shot a .40 cal Glock years ago and don't remember liking the recoil. It felt really snappy. The large frame g20 handles recoil better.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I most often carry larger guns, this Glock 26 remains an excellent option and, to my mind, a gun that “shoots better than it should” given its size.

Shown with a Kramer Belt Scabbard, a Magholder LLC horizontal magazine carrier, and a SureFire light and Kershaw Blur Tanto.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Broke down and emailed Glock to order a 42. Decided I needed a 380 in the household because I have .380 ammo sitting around collecting dust.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I had shot a .40 cal Glock years ago and don't remember liking the recoil. It felt really snappy. The large frame g20 handles recoil better.

For whatever reason, Glock decided to make the .40 on that smaller frame. I carry the G-21 for work, probably the softer shooting .45 out there. If they would have put the .40 caliber in the larger frames, imo, that would have been perfect.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

For whatever reason, Glock decided to make the .40 on that smaller frame. I carry the G-21 for work, probably the softer shooting .45 out there. If they would have put the .40 caliber in the larger frames, imo, that would have been perfect.

The whole point of 40 is to fit in 9mm size frames. You can shoot 40 in the 10mm glocks if you want, either with a conversion barrel or just as is.

The new gen 5 40 cal glocks have thicker slides and recoil quite a bit nicer than all the previous iterations.

Posts: 267 | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attn would be Glocksters: AIM Surplus has LEO turn in Gen 3 G22s for $350.
Gen 3 G17s are $400.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Broke down and emailed Glock to order a 42. Decided I needed a 380 in the household because I have .380 ammo sitting around collecting dust.

I hope you love it as it’s my favorite Glock other than the G17/19. I carry and shoot mine in GSSF and have done very well with it as it shoots lights out!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Good enough reason!

Don't have a fo-tay deux, maybe need to add one, right now have the LCP Max 380 but why not another...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Glock 34, hopefully sometime in the next two weeks I'll get to take it home.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post