SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Ameriglo model Glock rear sight is this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Ameriglo model Glock rear sight is this? Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted
I've looked on the Ameriglo website with no luck. It appears identical to the UC rear sights, but with Tritium. Or equally identical to the Trooper sight, but with a U notch.

It's on a gen5 MOS, and doesn't hang over the rear of the slide. I'd like to buy one to put on my Glock 34 mos, to replace the one that hangs past the rear of the slide.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looks like rear off a set of Agents

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Looks like rear off a set of Agents

Unless I'm mistaken, the agents are longer front to rear, and hang off the back of the MOS guns. These are really short front to rear. The rear face of the sights are forward of the rear face of the slide. This pic is a government Glock 47. The sight is marked Ameriglo H3 AAJ.

The Ameriglo Agent rear sight looks like this on a mos gun, unless I'm mistaken.

I found a similar discussion from a year back, by searching, but with no definitive answer.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7110053954

My 47 appears to have modified troopers, with a U notch instead of a square notch.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
If that is the 47, then that is the CBP specific Ameriglo sight set. They are profiled very close to the the Trooper sights, but have the U notch rather than the Square.

I'm sure at some point Ameriglo will release the trooper set with a U notch.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo makes a shorter rear versions of the Agent Type sights to work with MOS guns that do not hang off the back.

There was an article about them awhile back (year or so?) but I can't find it thus far.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does look like the Agent rear sight.
The Amerglo Bold sight available through Glock is similar except square notch which I prefer.
I have Bolds and they do not hang over end of slide.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I suspected it might be a gov contract thing, and unobtanium.

Looks like if I want the same sights on my 34 as are on my .gov issue gun, I'll have to wait and hope.

I havn't come across the shorter Agents Rhino mentioned yet. I'd like keep the U notch, as I'm really digging this new gun. Easiest 360 I ever shot on the qual / transition.

In my google-fu research, I came across the Trijicon HD XR, which look just about perfect. it has the U notch, doesn't hang off the back, and also has a narrow front sight, which I like as well. I'll get a set ordered if I don't find those shorter Agent sights in the next couple days.

Thanks for the help!

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...tails/gl614-c-601092

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ameriglo makes a shorter rear versions of the Agent Type sights to work with MOS guns that do not hang off the back.

There was an article about them awhile back (year or so?) but I can't find it thus far.

Correct. I know that the FAMS have the shorter agent rear sights on their first batch of guns.

As to unobtainablism, the “Ameriglo” individual officer guns are coming with 3 or 4 different rear sights. I bought one a few months back with “Agents” advertised on it and it came with a wide square notch rear. I honestly think that Ameriglo is slapping whatever they have on hand on guns and calling them “Agents”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Correct. I know that the FAMS have the shorter agent rear sights on their first batch of guns.

As to unobtainablism, the “Ameriglo” individual officer guns are coming with 3 or 4 different rear sights. I bought one a few months back with “Agents” advertised on it and it came with a wide square notch rear. I honestly think that Ameriglo is slapping whatever they have on hand on guns and calling them “Agents”.

Good to know. The 34 I'm currently waiting out the 10 day WA background on, is a blue label individual officer gun, advertised as having Ameriglo Bold sights. I'll wait and see what is actually on it before I order those Trijicons.

Thanks.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Wasn't aware that they were making shorter sights for the MOS models. Has anyone called and asked if they sell them direct to the public?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Isn't the rear notch the only difference between the Bold (square) and Agent (U)?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:

Isn't the rear notch the only difference between the Bold (square) and Agent (U)?

Yes.
Agent = round bottom
Bold = square bottom

I have both and like the uniformity of the square bottom.
For a Combat Hold one might like the round bottom better as you can "nest" the dot in the round bottomed notch.
I look more at the tops of the sights.

Mentioned above is the Trijicon HDXR.
I have that one too, and that's a great sight system especially if you like to shoot longer ranges.
We like to shoot clay birds on a sandy bank at 50-60 yards and the HDXR's excel at that.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post