SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Attn would be Glocksters: AIM Surplus has LEO turn in Gen 3 G22s for $350.
Gen 3 G17s are $400.

I picked up a cheap used Gen 4 22 just to practice and keep my Glock gunsmithing skills up. I completely take down and re-assemble it at least once a week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Attn would be Glocksters: AIM Surplus has LEO turn in Gen 3 G22s for $350.
Gen 3 G17s are $400.

G22
Same price I purchased one locally, I restored it to like new condition, added 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrels, Vickers flat trigger and Talon Grip tape.

AIM surplus prices are pretty good for those Glocks.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a G45 for work so I just picked up a Blue Label G45 for a spare .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I've come back around to my Glorks lately. I currently have a Gen 3 19 that's been modded quite a bit and a G45 that's my favorite model yet. It carries so well both owb and iwb. The added grip length doesn't print any worse than the 19 and I love that I can use the same holsters.
I have a very strong urge to acquire a Gen 5 19 just cuz....reasons. haha

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’ve become a big fan of the G45. I like it so much I bought one, traded it even for a West German Sig P226, then immediately went and bought another G45. It’s the nightstand gun, and my carry gun. It has completely replaced my 19’s for carry.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Well....I had an accident. While driving home last week I lost control of my truck and it veered into the LGS parking lot.
I'm uninjured but will be needing to buy a new set of night sights and spend a couple of range days breaking in my new Gen 5 G19.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Went to pick up a lower I ordered online from a shop and walked out with that a blue label 19G5. Already have one (got it when they first came out with the half moon cut and unleveled frame) but decided I needed another without the half moon cut. Made it home and ordered up my normal warren sights, Vickers slide release, Glock ext mag release, c&h plug, and overwatch np3 internals.

Side note, decided to give the surefire xc-1 another chance. Bought one when they first came out and it was ok but not great. Saw there's a xc-1c coming now that has a better mounting system. Spoke with surefire the other day and they said it will fit holsters cut for the xc-2. The original mounting system was my biggest complaint initially as to get it tight it basically compressed the rail on one of my 19s, then add in the lackluster reliability they were showing eventually. Hoping this new version solves all the issues.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So I’ve been perfectly happy with my Gen3 19, 23 & 26 but lately I’ve had an itch for a long slide like a 34 with the cut for a red dot … this would just be for plinking and may rotate into the truck while the 23 (w/ 9mm threaded barrel) will go to my Baja bug.

I’d be happy with a nice used one and my question for the experts here, is there more than one Generation with the cut out … do I need?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I’d be happy with a nice used one and my question for the experts here, is there more than one Generation with the cut out … do I need?

Glock's Modular Optic System (MOS) started w/ Gen4.

G34 Gen3 - no MOS option. You'd have to get it custom milled. Slide has large cutout behind the front sight.

G34 Gen4 - available with or w/o MOS. Slide has large cutout behind the front sight.

G34 Gen5 - available as MOS model only. No slide cutout.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a G48 myself, it checks a lot of boxes for me and in my humble opinion I do hope hope they do a similar sized albeit longer barreled G36 in the future.
Ya know, I think this one will turn out to be my favorite Glock!

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
10th Wedding Anniv. gift from my wife:

Mfg.: 5/1991 - 1st G21 run

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
10th Wedding Anniv. gift from my wife:

Mfg.: 5/1991 - 1st G21 run

A Gen2 G21C. One of the best gifts ever!!! All Gen2 G21’s make me drool!!!

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen2s...serious cool. Especially the rarer variants. Congrats on the G21C.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I found a nib unfired Glock 17 RTF2 fish gill yesterday for $459.99. Not for nothing but I had to buy it.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Well I found a nib unfired Glock 17 RTF2 fish gill yesterday for $459.99. Not for nothing but I had to buy it.

Not a bad score at all!
I've always loved the RTF2's!
Kicking myself in the ass that I passed up on a G-21 RTF2 years ago.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Hahaha!

I have been a Glock shooter since 1991 when I bought my first one, a Glock 21, which I shot in limited IPSC bone stock. I shot the pants off the 1911 dudes. They hated me and my gun. I still have my Precious. In one season, I put nearly 4000 rounds through it and never cleaned it, just put a tiny drop of oil on the contact points. It never failed, except on reloads that were too short, light primer strikes, a known issue with Glocks -they don't like reloads, as the straight walled cases shorten during resizing. Ammo was cheap then, the chrome was thick and women were Gals.

I have since owned a plethora of Glocks and have carried a 21, 17, 19, 26, and now a 43x with Shield Arms 15 round mags and the Shield Arms mag catch. I have never had one failure w/those mags, not sure why people have to badmouth them.

I am a Glock owner, shooter, builder, lover, and I am not ashamed of it. I love guns (except Hi-Points). Even my good friend John Taffin wrote in his book: Big Bore Handguns, "Glocks go bang with monotonous regularity" and "If you want maximum life insurance, carry a Glock 21." Good old John, Mr. Campfire Tales himself told me that he hates the way the look, but cannot deny that they just plain work.

Be not ashamed my dear Sig lovers, Glocks are guns too.

-Max

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

-Robert A Heinlein Nov. 1959

Posts: 42 | Location: Idaho | Registered: August 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G48. Light. Flat. Love it! Earlier this month I bought a miniature version of the 48, a G43. Why? I dont know. Glocks are like cats. As soon as you have one, several others show up!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have never bought a Glock. Every time I pick one up at a gun show, it reinforces the conviction that I don't like Glocks.

When I was shooting IDPA, I wanted to like them. They are ubiquitous. But I don't like them one little bit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Damn, that is a sad story! A three hanky story, man!

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Vano:
I love guns (except Hi-Points).

-Max

Big Grin

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post