SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Okay, I finally bought a Glock (having divested myself of theme years ago). G40 for hunting, with 9x25, .40 conversion barrels from Bar-Sto. The industry seems to have left Glock to own the double stack 10mm market. And Bar-Sto wouldn't make a 9x25 conversion for my P220/10.

Still despise the trigger. But 15+ rounds for pigs with Lehigh or CEB penetrators is an awesome thing. Almost but not quite as good as my 7.5 FK BRNO

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
It Happened again.. Glock 19X
Two months back it was a S&W SD9 FDE
And now a M18 SIG Sauer is Talking
It's a Sickness
And then there's those M&P AR-15s, Ruger AC556s, SR22 10/22, AKM, SKSs Krinkovs + My Hk Addiction
Picked up a fraternal twin pair of Hk USP Compact 40/357s

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Here's the G19X & S&W SD9 FDE
HUGE Photos

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Litle Mini 60 x 60 Avatar Photo of the 19X

posted Hide Post
Glock does a very good version of FDE in my opinion. I think only FN does as good if not better with FDE. The set up with the FDE holster is sweet

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Glock does a very good version of FDE in my opinion. I think only FN does as good if not better with FDE. The set up with the FDE holster is sweet

Thanks longjohn
I saw one of my Honey Holes has a M18 for $499
I might stop & see it tomorrow as they also have a few rifles too
Gary/Hk/B92

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You fellas live in the desert, do ya? Razz

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, I know it makes no sense. I just have some attraction to FDE. I think that its because for years the only choice was black, with maybe a choice of stainless or nickel version of a particular model. The FDE thing kind of burst on to the scene and I just got hooked.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It funny you should say that. When the FDE craze really got into full swing all I could think is God help us if we go to war with Canada. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Canada?
Guess we'll need the Long Slide & Just shoot across the River HaHa!!
Carries better than you would think
This a Gen 3 Glock 24

Need to figure out how to make the photos smaller for the Sigform
Still can't figure out how to ad an avatar
I tried a 60X60 pixel photo but it wouldn't work either

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
@Beretta92, if you don't mind me asking, who is that Holster brand?

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Does this count?

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
Does this count?
Not a Glock slide, barrel, frame, et cetera, so, no.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, you all were right. You can't just buy one Glock. Started with a 43, then it was a 20, and the newest addition is a 43X. Next up, 17L if I can find one. All within the last year. I never should have found this place. Big Grin

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobre sig:
Yep, you all were right. You can't just buy one Glock. Started with a 43, then it was a 20, and the newest addition is a 43X. Next up, 17L if I can find one. All within the last year. I never should have found this place. Big Grin

Since you're new around here, and you probably didn't read the waiver, I'll give you a quick hint-
You will buy a Glock
Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
A revival of the Watch thread

^ don't go there! It's going to cost you a lot of money in the long run Wink

This thread alone, I'm probably eight maybe nine Glocks in... Plus accessories and ammo.
That's a lot of fun! err, uuhh, Money.
(Worth every penny!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

Since you're new around here, and you probably didn't read the waiver, I'll give you a quick hint-
You will buy a Glock
Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
A revival of the Watch thread

^ don't go there! It's going to cost you a lot of money in the long run Wink

This thread alone, I'm probably eight maybe nine Glocks in... Plus accessories and ammo.
That's a lot of fun! err, uuhh, Money.
(Worth every penny!)

Of course I buy the two calibers that I didn't have. But you're right, add up the ammo and extra magazines and this becomes an expensive hobby.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did buy a Glock... finally for what Glocks should have been worth all the time. $299 it's called a Dagger..Glocks have always been overpriced. I've shot it a lot and it's as good as any Glock I've ever owned and better than the Gen4's I purchased when they first came out and had tons of problems with both of them... I sold em.

How good it is a $299 Glock!!!

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of course I buy the two calibers that I didn't have. But you're right, add up the ammo and extra magazines and this becomes an expensive hobby.

Wait until you like the gun enough to use it as your EDC!
Holster or two, or three...
A good belt
magazine holder
Self defense ammo

Then comes the "OOOHHH! Look at that one!"
Next thing you know, there's a G-19 in your safe. You're looking for the G-17L? "Oh, there's a G-34!" And it's almost the same... So you buy it.
What happens when you go to that gun store a few weeks later for ammo? Yup, there's a G-17L sitting in the case.

Don't go asking around here the "should I buy it?" The answer is almost always "Yes!"

It's an addiction Cool
(And we're a bunch of enablers)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On days that arthritis compromises my shooting hand I decided to get another .380. I figured what the heck I still have some ammo (both FMJ and HP). Off to my LGS/Range I go. I rented several 9mm kurtz pistols and liked the G42 the best.

Some days I am not comfortable shooting my G43X or P239 so "say hello to my little friend"

BTW although I am preaching to many in the choir arthritis sucks.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
The Glock 42 is a VERY soft shooting pistol. Good choice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post