SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Jessie might disagree now. Wink

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Wow. I think I'd take her word for just about anything.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I owned a G23 for a while. I had a problem fitting into their finger grooves so I sold it and a month later I had my P225. Smile I feel a strong urge for an XD9 however.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toryflory:

Glocks are a fine weapon, flawless in their performance as long as absolute accuracy is not a requirement. They are meant for people who are not avid shooters, much like a point and shoot camera is perfect for the weekend snapshot photographer.

Roll Eyes

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must we join the Glock Talk crowd in rolling our eyes at anyone whose opinion differs from our own?

I own now, and have owned, many Glocks. I like them for some things, and not for others. They are not by any stretch the end all be all of firearms...nor is anything other single handgun.

"You are, what you do, when it counts."
-The Masao

Posts: 1514 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Razai:
Must we join the Glock Talk crowd in rolling our eyes at anyone whose opinion differs from our own?

quote:
They are meant for people who are not avid shooters,....

There's a difference of opinion and then there's condescending.

quote:
.....much like a point and shoot camera is perfect for the weekend snapshot photographer.

Roll Eyes A self defense weapon should be overly complicated like an SLR? A decocker or manual safety makes someone more of a "pro"? Glocks: Press trigger bullet come out. No press trigger no bullet come out. I'm a cave man.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy outshoot a bunch of other guys with 1911's in some kind of contest where you had 10 rounds to hit moving targets in the dark.

The guy had a box stock Glock 17

But I still can't hit much with mine. The Glock 30 is the best Glock I have ever owned. The 36 is the worst and not even worthy of the Glock title...and Glock knows it too.

I just now prefer a Sig 1911 due to the fact that I am tired of dealing with the glock trigger pull.

I've done the 25 cent trigger job, I've used the factory negative trigger connector, and some of those expensive replacement sets...nothing helps.

There's nothing in the world like a nice 1911 trigger.

Posts: 130 | Location: The Great Republic of Texas | Registered: August 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
with all the choices out there, today I bought another Glock (G32).

Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Sigs and 1911s, but this is hard to beat for the $:

Posts: 1250 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I refuse to buy a glock based on my earlier post in this thread.

that being said if someone gave me a g17 I'd keep it as a BOG

Posts: 8182 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Gen 3 23 RTF2

Posts: 429 | Location: Chester VA. | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Yahoo !
What a day! Pistol permit came in (yeah, F'in NJ), so I finally picked up my new 34... Came home and FedEx delivered my awaited pkg from The Crabcake Factory in Ocean City MD. Chock full of lump crabmeat crabcakes, wife & boys are gonna be lovin these. AND, the UPS Santa arrived about 20mins ago and dropped off my new BladeTech rig for Steel Matches.
I've been layed up at home for the last 3 days with a leg injury, so this is some awsome arrivals.
New Glock G34 9mm, protected by Crabcake Factory pan fried beauties and Golds Extra Spicy cocktail sauce.
Life is good!

Posts: 3586 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billyrhino
posted Hide Post
Traded my old Sig P6 for a Glock 26. It does everything I want and is a lot easier to carry. I love the trigger, accuracy, and reliability. I love that parts, mags, accessories are plentiful. I love the hi-cap mags. I love knowing that when I get employed again and want to get a new gun it will be a Glock, probably a 30 or 19.

Posts: 120 | Location: Lafayette Colorado | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:

Roll Eyes A self defense weapon should be overly complicated like an SLR? A decocker or manual safety makes someone more of a "pro"? Glocks: Press trigger bullet come out. No press trigger no bullet come out. I'm a cave man.

I don't think it makes anyone more of a pro it's just a preference thing. I prefer DA/SA w/decocker, w/no manual safety. That is a preference. And you know what? I pull the trigger and a bullet comes out. If I don't pull the trigger a bullet doesn't come out. What's the difference other than preference? First shot comes out DA, then SA from therein.
These debates just aren't sensible.

I owned a 23, didn't care for it, don't like Glock triggers and I'm not going to do 4 trigger mods to get it to what I want when the P series Sigs do it right, right out of the box. I felt and still feel that the Sig P series pistols handled the .40 round better. I'm dead balls accurate with my 229/239's, don't even have to think about it, extension of my hand. The Glock was more work for me to shoot accurately, same for the H&K P2000 v3 .40 I bought earlier this year. I also don't care for striker weapons and prefer DA/SA.

For me there isn't much I like about Glocks other than they are cheaper to buy than my preference. As I stated I tried H&K's Da/Sa system this year in one of their newer handguns and didn't like it nearly as well as the Sigs. And for me, Tupperware just doesn't give a balanced feel like metal does. The only advantage in Glocks, in my opinion, and for my use, is purchase price.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12947 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When its hitting the fan (so to speak) I could give a rats ass about how it balances, the grip angle or how crisp the trigger feels. The fancy finish, cool grips made of exotic buffalo horn and the 1" MOA guarantee from its maker do not mean shit.

There is someone breaking in or trying to rob or kill you...HELLO!!

All the matters is that is works, is reliable in the condition it has been sitting in and that it hits reasonably close to where you point it.

I want a pistol that flat out works...no matter it it is bone dry, soaking wet, muddy or has been sitting loaded in a drawer or glove box for months on end.

I want a pistol that has no external levers other than the damn trigger as well.

If you ask me, the Glock is the PERFECT pistol for this role.

- brickboy240

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don't think it makes anyone more of a pro it's just a preference thing. I prefer DA/SA w/decocker, w/no manual safety. That is a preference. And you know what? I pull the trigger and a bullet comes out. If I don't pull the trigger a bullet doesn't come out. What's the difference other than preference? First shot comes out DA, then SA from therein.
These debates just aren't sensible.

I owned a 23, didn't care for it, don't like Glock triggers and I'm not going to do 4 trigger mods to get it to what I want when the P series Sigs do it right, right out of the box. I felt and still feel that the Sig P series pistols handled the .40 round better. I'm dead balls accurate with my 229/239's, don't even have to think about it, extension of my hand. The Glock was more work for me to shoot accurately, same for the H&K P2000 v3 .40 I bought earlier this year. I also don't care for striker weapons and prefer DA/SA.

For me there isn't much I like about Glocks other than they are cheaper to buy than my preference. As I stated I tried H&K's Da/Sa system this year in one of their newer handguns and didn't like it nearly as well as the Sigs. And for me, Tupperware just doesn't give a balanced feel like metal does. The only advantage in Glocks, in my opinion, and for my use, is purchase price.

Yeah. I understand where you're coming from. Everyone's got their reasons for their choice. Its the fact he assumes a whole lot about othes. That simple is not a virtue for a self defense pistol? Confused

If I may.......Glocks not just work when you press the trigger. Lots of other pistols do that. They are not the only ones at an attractive price point. Lots of others are affordable too. Glocks have endured and continue to be at the "cutting edge" because they work when pushed hard (esp. in 9mm) after a lot of rounds and some neglect. Glocks really come into their own when making good fast hits whether competition or defense pistol classes by virtue of its short reset trigger and yes, the overall design of the pistol. Glocks aren't best appreciated during slow fire target shooting. (Sort of like a Porsche 911 around a parking lot.) They are easy to maintain. Easy and cheap to fix. Come in a variety of calibers and attractive sizes. And what a lot of Glock converts come to appreciate is that the incredible simple interface of the Glock design is a great virtue in times of stress.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you you Glock you will never go back!

Posts: 2374 | Location: TN | Registered: October 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The misconception that Glocks aren't accurate is just that. Maybe the majority of Glock owners aren't accurate shooters, but a Glock can be very accurate in the right hands.

I also don't see it needing to be Glock vs. Sig or vs. a 1911, those are my three favorite pistols and I might choose the Glock if the SHTF or some jack*** breaks into my house but I'd rather take the Sig and the 1911 to the range.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
When alls said and done THE TRUE TEST: What would I want in my hands if I was in a life and death situation?

I owned various SIG Sauers, semi-custom 1911's (Baer/Professional), and Glocks at the same time. And invariably I kept my G26, G17, or G21SF loaded. Not because they were the least expensive or most disposable but because that's what I wanted to defend myself with.

That's the bottom line. All the other stuff people say simply don't matter once you get to that realization. It doesn't matter if you really lurve your $4000 custom 1911 tucked away in your safe. The pistol thats loaded, on your hip, and actually defends your ass is your #1 pistol. The only one that matters. Everything else is fluff.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
When alls said and done THE TRUE TEST: What would I want in my hands if I was in a life and death situation?

I owned various SIG Sauers, semi-custom 1911's (Baer/Professional), and Glocks at the same time. And invariably I kept my G26, G17, or G21SF loaded. Not because they were the least expensive or most disposable but because that's what I wanted to defend myself with.

That's the bottom line. All the other stuff people say simply don't matter once you get to that realization. It doesn't matter if you really lurve your $4000 custom 1911 tucked away in your safe. The pistol thats loaded, on your hip, and actually defends your ass is your #1 pistol. The only one that matters. Everything else is fluff.

Ian,

Excellent post. I agree with you 100% and is the reason why I sold off a lot of my collection to focus on the Glock platform.

Just curious but do you still have your TRS/Pro or did you sell them?

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post