SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
I picked up a nice used Glock 30 to go with my new G21SF RTF2. I really wish they would make the G30's and G27's in the RTF2 format. With the Plus 2 on the 30 it handles nicely for me. I am going the other way with the Glocks as they are becoming my primary side arms.

I have a 229, 225, 226 and Hk USP compacts but the 30 and 27 carry like a dream and are dead on accurate out of the box. I will keep my sigs, hk's, and beretta but I like the glocks and do not feel the sting when I get a scratch on it like I do on the other ones.

Will be adding another 22, 23, and another 21sf RTF2 next year.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3301 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Have a G17 and a G19. G19 is my dedicated glove compartment gun. Although I like the carry comfort of my Kahr PM9, the G19 could be the overall ultimate CC gun.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39264 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I’m still not convinced that I will buy a Glock. I tried one – again – the other week.

First: The undefined trigger breaking point drives me nuts. It does have some advantages for novice shooters, but once got used to it, you’r screwed up to the end of the days in handling cristal clear two stage trigger. I sent the first rounds into the bontany with the 9mm product made in the neigborhood, after the Glock experience,
Second: I often read that the Glock safety is between the ears. I dont have this safety. My first Glock round that day was therefore a ND I sent through the bench board. Without trainging and holster it’s nothing for nervous people, and dangourous for nervous people on prozac. I’m not on prozac or nervous, but I dont have this safety. My parents forgot something to add when when I was made.
Third: I would betrade my country if I would buy a product made by an Austrian.
Fourth: It still does not perform any better then the pistol I racked, load and unload during grass week twenty something years ago. Still no reason for me to go Glock.

Posts: 3787 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FireCapt_p229
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 26 and it's a nice little gun.

Posts: 248 | Location: Rogers Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I've tryed over the years to fall in love with a Glock but the split trigger and the grip angle never felt good to me.
There's no question to their quality I just have yet to find one I love enough to spend my own money on....and now I think I've found a way around that.
The Department I work for has decided to switch to Glock. So it looks like I'll be getting to know them better in the future and for free.
Just might be enough to bring me around.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6941 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DMS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by DMS:
No I won't...What a piece of crap...........
Aw, don't be so hard on yourself, man. You might be a bit abrasive, but I wouldn't call you crap.

Let's face it, not everyone can see a good thing staring them in the face. I'm certain you have other qualities and talents that make you a delight to be around. Smile

I can, I'm not delightful and it's still a piece of crap...

Posts: 230 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lighten the fuck up, Francis. The thread is just one long-running inside joke. Nobody gives a shit what you think of Glocks or if you'll buy one.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I have a friend I went through the academy with that swore he'd never get a Glock and guess what... Just bought his wife one because she liked my Glock 19 so much! Another convert to the Dark Side.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 19 that serves as my nightstand gun. I'm not crazy about the grip angle or the finger grooves but I doubt that will be on my mind if/when I ever need to use it for it's intended purpose. I do like the way the new 4th Gen full size Glocks feel with the smallest backstrap installed. I dont like it that much to trade my current Glock for one however.

Posts: 1866 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
I remember when I bought a 70 series Colt APC .45. I spent at least the cost of the pistol with a well respected local gunsmith before it ran flawlessly. However, I purchased a Glock 17 in early 1990 and it has run perfectly without exception in all types of weather and tempeture s. The Glock has never needed the ministrations of a Glock Armorer to work perfectly. Just because it does not conform to the all metal conception of a perfect pistol does not mean that its functionality is suspect.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Push the envelope.
Watch it bend.
Picture of DonovanM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
First: The undefined trigger breaking point drives me nuts.

Have you tried a 34? The trigger on the one I tried had the usual amount of DA take-up I was used to with my SIG, but once it hit the breaking point, the break was VERY crisp. I really liked it. It felt alot like my P226, minus the pull weight differences, and the Glock had a lovely shorter reset.

Sorry to hear about your NDs.

Posts: 2497 | Location: WA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dieselbert
posted Hide Post
I will never buy a Glock. The ergos for my small hands are AWFUL.

P229r
SA LW Operator

Posts: 46 | Location: OH | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 17 with nights a couple of weeks ago. It has replaced the 229 for every day carry, for now. I used to absolutely hate Glocks. I think it was because they take some getting used to because I was used to my Sig. Now I am wondering why I took so long to come around!

Posts: 1070 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Javi
posted Hide Post
When you live in Venezuela and there only are a few glock 17s, beretta PX4s and rossi revolvers at the remaining gunshops. I bought my P228 many years ago.

Posts: 57 | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the dumbest things I've ever done was sell my Gen 3 G19 (needed some $ for medical reasons). I then realized my love for Glock and bought the same pistol as soon as I could.

Posts: 88 | Registered: August 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
I have several Glocks, among them a Gen4 G17 and Gen4 G22. I sold their Gen3 counterparts to buy them.

I never cared for the G19...until today. I ordered a Gen4 G19 from a local police supply store thru the GSSF program this morning.

I recently sold my G21SF...I simply didn't shoot it well, but I still have my Gen3 G20SF, Gen3 G30SF, and an RTF2 G22.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: varoadking,

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I did. Don't know what took me so long.

Recently got a G19 Gen 4.

I want another Glock now.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
...The thread is just one long-running inside joke.

It's no joke. Respect the "You will buy a Glock" thread, or it will get you too!

Now if you'll excuse me, my 19 is calling.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I still have the dreaded.....

Eek POLYMER PHOBIA Eek

but, all the best to you Glock Lovers. If it's working for you - don't fix it.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:
...The thread is just one long-running inside joke.

It's no joke. Respect the "You will buy a Glock" thread, or it will get you too!

Now if you'll excuse me, my 19 is calling.

Remember who you're talking to. Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39264 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post