SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3's, thought about a Gen 4 but decieded that I'd done enough stupid things. I like hitting my taget dead center, not low and left. I'll stick with Sigs and 1911's thank you very much.

Posts: 653 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am the
Darkside
Picture of Pistole226
posted Hide Post
Stiab,

The Glock 19 Phase Three malfunctions remain a mystery. Glock made changes NYPD's Glock 19s that included milling the slides. Glock also changed the Glock 19's barrel hood design to prevent the problem.

I haven't read about Phase Three problems in a while which makes me think that Glock fixed the problem.

"The quick have their sleepwalkers, and so do the dead." Dieter Dengler, Rescue Dawn

Posts: 7787 | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistole226:
I haven't read about Phase Three problems in a while which makes me think that Glock fixed the problem.

Pistole, I think they fixed it on an ongoing basis, but it is my understanding that the individual guns that experienced the malfuntions continued to do so, in spite of everything attempted. The insider advice I received (and followed) was that an individual gun with Phase Three issues would probably continue to have them. I hated to give up that gun, but the fte could not be cleared easily. If it happened in the field, you would need a second gun.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1864 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gtrmansteve
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll change , but for now no way. I'm old fashioned. I like my guns made of metal & I like hammers not striker fired . Plus they're so ugly. I'll stick with Sig for now.

Sig P239 9mm
Sig P226R 9mm
CCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Posts: 178 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: August 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned a Glock and hated it.

Posts: 9 | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always said that I will never buy a Glock. But their popularity is undeniable and has me intrigued. The only Glock I've ever actually fondled was a Gen 4 G22. It felt ok in my hand, but I didn't like the trigger. The P229 I was fondling at the same time felt a little bit better in my hand and I loved the trigger on it.
I no longer will go as far as to say that I will never own one, but there is not one that is high on my wish list.

Posts: 25 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abrams34
posted Hide Post
i've been looking at glocks for a while now and decided to do it. In the coming weeks I will buy a Glock 32 and a coversion barrel for 9mm..

Posts: 356 | Location: New Orleans/Mandeville/Picayune | Registered: June 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
Once I find a holster, this will be my main carry again. I know most people think the things are ugly, but I've always thought they were all business. I like them!

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Seriously, I would love to own a Glock 17, 26 for that matter. I did some training with one a number of years back and it shot very well and with great accuracy.

Posts: 2911 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Today I picked up the G26 I bought from a forum member. I am now a multi-Glocker.

Posts: 7350 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only gun that has a worst trigger than Glock is the Ruger SR9. I will never buy either one. Too many Sigs and CZ's I need to buy!

“The more corrupt the State, the more numerous are its laws”
– Tacitus

Posts: 563 | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloaderguy:
The only gun that has a worst trigger than Glock is the Ruger SR9. I will never buy either one. Too many Sigs and CZ's I need to buy!

So your not gonna order your Glock till next week? Big Grin

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
Once I find a holster, this will be my main carry again. I know most people think the things are ugly, but I've always thought they were all business. I like them!

I've never considered doing the white crayon thing but I might cave in after those pics.

Posts: 1047 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is my main carry as well in a RGrizzle City Slicker. I don't think they are ugly either. Now I find myself drawn to a G30; I think it looks sexy as hell. Big Grin

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

That is my main carry as well in a RGrizzle City Slicker. I don't think they are ugly either. Now I find myself drawn to a G30; I think it looks sexy as hell. Big Grin

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
I don't understand all the excitement over the way a gun LOOKS. I personally think Glocks are handsome in a utilitarian way, but they WORK and that's all that matters.

It's a gun, not a woman. Are you gonna take it to dinner and try to fuck it later? Then who gives a shit how it looks if it works for ya? Wink

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I'll end up getting a G30sf to go with the 19/26. Cool

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gtrmansteve
posted Hide Post
Besides the looks I hate that funky trigger & the grip too. Is that better? Razz

Sig P239 9mm
Sig P226R 9mm
CCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Posts: 178 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: August 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:
I've never considered doing the white crayon thing but I might cave in after those pics.

I think the Titanium pins set it off a little as well.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:
Then who gives a shit how it looks if it works for ya? Wink

Because some people spend more time looking at or thinking about how a gun looks then actually shooting and using them.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post