SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of proud2pak
posted Hide Post
Got the G20 10mm on the short list!

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2197 | Location: Utah | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
Been a long time Glock disliker, used to shoot my buddies Gen1 his dad got him in 85(?).

Fast forward to this spring, stole his gun and had it refurbished and had night sights put on for his birthday. I shot it, just to check, thought to myself, hmmmmm.

A couple weeks ago I am at my LGS, I see an OD G36 in the case, buy it, shoot it, love it.

Last week I picked up an OD G17 and a black G26. I spent a couple hours at the range today, having a ball shooting them. I start talking with the range/shop guy, tells me about the LE/Mil deal, so I now also have an OD G23, w/ 3 mags for 419.00. I also put a gen 4 G17 on hold till next week for the same price!

I have a handful of Sig's, a few 1911s a couple Brownings and some other stuff, I like to shoot them all. Maybe I am getting lazy? Maybe I just like to shoot? Maybe I just know how to shoot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgtmac,

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgtmac:
Last week I picked up an OD G17 and a black G26. I spent a couple hours at the range today, having a ball shooting them. I start talking with the range/shop guy, tells me about the LE/Mil deal, so I now also have an OD G23, w/ 3 mags for 419.00. I also put a gen 4 G17 on hold till next week for the same price!
Dang, man. Pace yourself. Big Grin

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
Admitting you have a problem and all that! Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cpt. Solo
posted Hide Post
A G-20 and a G-19 are on my short list.

But a lot of guns (like all of them, from single shot 22s to a PKM or something) are on the short list.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Hyperspace | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I had a short stint with a G-19. I got rid of it in short order. But I think of it often. It had a light..... and a .... laaaaaaser... One day I may have one again. Smile

Posts: 11407 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted a Glock.
Problem is, in my area, I have to go before a judge for each and every amendment to my license. Takes about 1 month from initiation of paper work to court date.

So, no impulse buying possibilities.
I'll pick-up the paper work today to get the ball rolling Smile

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7182 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SmokeJumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
"...got the Gen3 G19 RTF. I think I'm going to really like the texture."

"Carrying this pistol IWB seems like the cat's meow."

That's the 'texture' that makes it feel so good IWB, towards the front, like a gangsta'.

Don't Let The Smoke Get In Your Eyes.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeJumper:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
"...got the Gen3 G19 RTF. I think I'm going to really like the texture."

"Carrying this pistol IWB seems like the cat's meow."

That's the 'texture' that makes it feel so good IWB, towards the front, like a gangsta'.

I always wear an undershirt, even when wearing just a "T". Therefore, it's never against the skin. I also prefer the simple Bianchi 100 series, which has a leather piece to protect the gun from touching.

But I could certainly see this texture against the skin being a bit uncomfortable.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8242 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Indeed I did. Purchased 4 of them, in fact. And I'm selling the last one tomorrow. I want to like them. I really do. They just don't work for me. I mean they work, of course...they just don't "work". Big Grin

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3100 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JCH
posted Hide Post
Yep sure did.

Sig 226 40, Sig 229 40
Sig 1911-22
Glock 26
Browning Buckmark 22

Posts: 128 | Location: Missouri | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Just put a downpayment on a model 21 SF RTF.
Now to file the paperwork with the county.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I suspect you're a latent Glockosexual, and are really confused about your feelings toward Glocks.

At least Glocks aren't made in a Rainbow Titanium Finish, or whatever it's called.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Wink

Posts: 7936 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would consider it for sure one day.

Posts: 88 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2911 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I went down to the range and saw a g19 with the rtf. It was sweet. Grip felt great.

I think it said it was a rtf2, what the difference between rtf and rtf2?

They wanted $565, tax & nics, but I got a price of $520 otd for a g19 rtf2, is that good?

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

You're going to be really really happy.

In mine, I left the connector stock but changed the trigger spring to a GLOCKMEISTER spring (looks JUST like the stock one but is a bit stronger) and the safety plunger to one of the convex titanium varieties.

0:01

Posts: 4234 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm coming out of the closet right now.

9mm Glock 17. I'll confess to only being in like though, not in love.

Posts: 607 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just read-up on it... seems that not many 21 SF RTF are around.

I initially wanted a G17 3rd gen or 3rd gen RTF.

Not wanting to be tied to expensive preban mags (I live in a ban state), I figured, 11rnds of .45 was just fine.

Forgot to see wether or not the one I bought has the ambi mag release.

Just a couple of weeks and a court-date away.

quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

You're going to be really really happy.

In mine, I left the connector stock but changed the trigger spring to a GLOCKMEISTER spring (looks JUST like the stock one but is a bit stronger) and the safety plunger to one of the convex titanium varieties.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Already own too many of them Wink

Posts: 13841 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post