SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

If I ever have to draw my gun I am not planning on using it to dazzle someone to death. I care about functionality more than looks everyday.

Fully agree. Well-said.

Size, weight, capacity, ease of carry/conceal= functionality.

That being said, I think my new OD baby Glock looks kinda cool. Not beautiful like my Sigs, but still cool.

Posts: 7350 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I likes the looks of the Glock: cold, menacing-all business. Tactical looking and form follows function. They work, work very well, and keep on working. Some say their is no pride in Glock ownership and Glocks have no soul. I take pride in my Glocks and they have a soul-but it is a dark one lol. And yes, my profession has proven to me the durability of the Glock polymer. As soon as the Gen4 model 23 is out I will have another one. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a G19 Gen 4. I really like it. They were always a tiny bit off in my hand, but this one fits very well. Can't wait to fire it.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Ain't never going back. Nuff said

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1348 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
Another thing I like about them... besides all the other attributes I'm always harping about... is how easy it is to stay on target. This Glock 18 I was shooting full auto last weekend was sooooo easy to control and keep on target.

And... so many people have been buying them lately around here, I just couldn't stand it, and have gone back to carrying the G19 full time again. Eek

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
51 years old, shooting since 9.

You'll come around once you have a few more years of experience under your belt...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought three since this thread started...

3rd Gen G19 w/ NS
3rd Gen G19 w/ adj sights
3rd Gen OD G26

They're very different from my usual tastes, but I enjoy them for what they are.

Posts: 156 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are for lazy people who don't want to learn how to shoot/maintain a real gun.

Posts: 548 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's a "real gun"? How 'bout "real bullets"? If Glocks shoot real bullets, doesn't that make them real guns?

I suspect you're a latent Glockosexual, and are really confused about your feelings toward Glocks.

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought a Glock.

But, that's because I don't have the $$$ for any more guns right now. Frown

So, it's probably better to say that "I haven't bought a Glock yet."

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own five of them. I also own a P226 in .40, but that's just to maintain the appearance of not being a "lazy" gun owner.

Best,

Dave

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1032 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I'm lazy, then. I love Glocks... Razz

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I'll be procuring a G17 as soon as my money is refunded from my misadventure with a Sig p220 conversion unit.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7182 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock's are for lazy gun-owners? So what does my C96 Bolo make me?

Posts: 156 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arklite:
Glock's are for lazy gun-owners? So what does my C96 Bolo make me?
Kaiser Wilhelm?

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My second Glock is in the bag. I took Para's advice and got the Gen3 G19 RTF. I think I'm going to really like the texture.

Carrying this pistol IWB seems like the cat's meow.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8242 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
Of all the recent guns on my radar, I keep coming back to the Glock as tops on the short-list. Yes, I DO want to replace my dear departed Smith 10's, and I simply MUST get another old German 220, but ahead of those is the G30 I spied in the "bargain-bin" at the closest gunshop (no, not the one where the guy dry-fires to "ensure" the merchandise is unloaded). My G36 is great, and I have always shot it well, but the added capacity makes the G30 a real contender at a bargain price in this instance.

Then, it'll be on to a G19, I am almost positive.

And, oh yeah, I'm a lazy bastard too, though not necessarily because I appreciate Glocks.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I drank the Glock Kool-Aid a few weeks ago. I wanted a target gun and the G34 was cheap and has a very long sight radius. I could not get used to it and could outshoot it with my P229 hands down. Another problem was that I have done some serious training with my Sig and carry them as CCWs so shooting a different platform was messing up my training. I think it's wise to learn to shoot one manual of arms well. Fortunately a friend traded me a P229 SAS 40 S&W, 357 Sig in great condition. It came with both barrels. I still want a longer range gun and may sell it and get a P226. The Sig will sell for more than the Glock Smile
Glocks are facinating, ugly, reliable, cheap and I can't shoot one well and did not want to re-train myself to shoot it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit it but a glock is is my list to buy right now.

Posts: 842 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jdakecowles:
I hate to admit it but a glock is is my list to buy right now.
Kinda like driving slowly past the Turkish Baths, huh? Only a matter of time, only a matter of time...

Big Grin