SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 559 560 561 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
If I could only go with one it would be the HK though. I simply love them.
I guess that makes you a fan boy.

Yes, I do love them. However, I will not be obnoxious about it.

Posts: 64 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried a Glock yet but when this thread gets to 1000 posts I'll think about it.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to think about that trial, ACP1. We're over 11220 posts here on the thread. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I guess that means he'll be trying 11.2 Glocks.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never tried one, up until about page 375 of this thread. They look clunky, etc. but IIRC I've had only one malfunction shooting any of mine in that time (failure to strip a round from the mag) and that was on my first try with a new magazine/new pistol recently.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll start looking at them. Which ones have a metal frame? A must for almost any gun I buy.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
https://www.matrixarms.com/pro...patible-frame-black/

Next question? Razz

Seriously though while Glocks are not my favorites there is a ton to like about them and one of those things is you can do damn near anything you want with one because the market is huge for parts and accessories when there are like eleventy billion Glocks out there.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
According to the pragmatic axiom "One is none, and two is one" I now have one G19.

Added a Gen 5 to the stable to permanently back up my trusty gen 3.

I agree the front slide serrations are fugly but I like the gen 5 trigger, lockwork, and barrel upgrades.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went out to the range earlier and put some rounds through my newest acquisition a Gen5 G19. Man.. this thing is spot on crazy accurate. Shoots and feels better than any Gen3 or 4 G19 I have played with. A very nice shooting compact. Now to get a red dot for her.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Very nice 357! I just picked up an unfired 19.5 MOS locally to me to go with the 26 and 43x. Aimpoint ACRO plate is inbound.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
Very nice 357! I just picked up an unfired 19.5 MOS locally to me to go with the 26 and 43x. Aimpoint ACRO plate is inbound.

Nice. As I said before I truly believe the Gen5’s are the best of the breed.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I was down to 2 Glock 19's...now I'm, back up to three Glock 19's (2x Gen 3's, Gen 5 MOS) and a Gen 3 Glock 26...

I love my P365, but the Glock is just the top tier platform for it's reliability...plus I've carried them for over 30 years.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Buy American!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So you have an Austrian pistol with a European red dot and a made in China flashlight…… mean I guess you could be running Federal or Underwood ammo or something American so there is that. Razz

I know I know. You have an American slide. Smile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Well since the slide is stamped USA it’s an all American pistol made in Georgia.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
It's like American cars; a fair % is U.S. made:
+ Lone Wolf barrel
+ SIG Elite Defense ammo
+ Overwatch Precision PolyDAT trigger

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Well since the slide is stamped USA it’s an all American pistol made in Georgia.

I'd say it's mostly American. Just like the Austrian ones are mostly Austrian. Something about some sort of global economic sourcing BS. Works for automobiles, apparently works for guns as well.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Went out to the range earlier and put some rounds through my newest acquisition a Gen5 G19. Man.. this thing is spot on crazy accurate. Shoots and feels better than any Gen3 or 4 G19 I have played with. A very nice shooting compact. Now to get a red dot for her.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Mine is also super shootable. Feels every bit as accurate as my 1911 and LTT laserguns. Haven't been this enamored since I got my first G19.

I do want to lighten the trigger on mine just a tad. And get some proper sights.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

...I do want to lighten the trigger on mine just a tad...

Anybody remember the 25-cent trigger jobs from a few years ago? I wonder if they would work on Gen 5's?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^50 cents nowadays. WuFlu inflation, ya kno. Big Grin

Polishing work still works on Gen5s. Their innards aren't that different from the insides of earlier generations.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post