SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Ameriglo Agent sight set is as close as you are going to get.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t think Ameriglo sells the SPECIFIC FBI sights but as was said above the Agents are basically them.

As an aside I have been very happy with Ameriglo sights across the board, although I don’t specifically have a set of “Agents”.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Ameriglo's are great. I think I went with the Troopers with yellow front for my 43x.

Posts: 2058 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I bought my Ameriglo Agent sights from this site:

https://www.gtdist.com/amerigl...-orange-outline.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everybody! lkdr, I already found those sites at GT, so I ordered them just now.

Only issue is they use FedEx exclusively, but my FFL agreed to accept them. I should be in business next week.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9375 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s a MOS then you’ll need the Ameriglo Trooper sight set . The Agents will hang off the back end of the slide by a small amount.

Posts: 710 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
If it’s a MOS then you’ll need the Ameriglo Trooper sight set . The Agents will hang off the back end of the slide by a small amount.

Oh, great! I better check it out.

edit to add: Ameriglo is closed for the day. Any idea how far out they will stick?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9375 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pic I saw one time looked like a 1/16”.

Posts: 710 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nick, I'll have to check further tomorrow. Since Glock doesn't list Ameriglo sights on their website other than Bold, anymore, I doubt they'll be any help.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
At :21 it looks like the sights are back from flush at the back of the slide. This is the guy, however, who I wasn't sure about since he's reviewing a 19M. It's clearly an MOS, though, but maybe not Agent sights.

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
It’s because of the MOS cut . With the cut the rear sight dovetail is pushed further back. If a non MOS sight is used it will hang over the end of the slide .
The Trooper sight is narrower for this reason .

posted Hide Post
I compared a 47MOS with the Gen 3 19 and saw what you were referring to, Nick. The dovetail is pushed back as you said.

I'm just going to compare the Agent sights when they arrive and decide, then, if I should return them or if they'll fit like they do in the video.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Checked out the Ameriglo web page, didn't see the Agent model but the Trooper is there, they also have a specific optic sight version avvailble with or without illumination and in various heights

Ameriglo Optic Link

Posts: 24290 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was too late contacting GT this morning, the sights are on the way. I'll just return them when they arrive, because I found Troopers at Aim Surplus and ordered them as well.

HRK, thanks for the link. The Troopers I ordered have the orange front and green rear illumination.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Anyone buy a Gen5 G17L yet? Thoughts? I’m looking at getting one. Then adding the Holosun SCS drop in-

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I handled a G17L the other day. First time I’ve ever done so (old or new version). It handles way better than I thought it would but definitely doesn’t feel like a 34.

Not sure why you would get a “rifle length slide” Razz only to put an optic on it but the SCS would work just fine assuming the weight of the “L” isn’t on the teetering edge of reliability.

All that said……it’s a Glock. A big Glock. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
G43x MOS versus PSA micro Dagger. Glock wins but the PSA impresses me. After another 250 rds PSA goes in glove box. Glock still king of striker fired

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3301 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm down to my very last glock which is a 48, that 365 legion with 17 rounds has put the glock fire out.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm down to my very last glock which is a 48, that 365 legion with 17 rounds has put the glock fire out.

Yup.

Posts: 32 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the first time in decades I am without a glock. Its an odd feeling I must admit.

Posts: 551 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post