SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 566
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I got a good deal on the Generation 5 Glock Model 19 and after equipping it with Trijicon sights, a Holosun optic (SCS MOS green), appropriate leather gear from TT Gunleather, and a few other accoutrements, then presented the package to my grandson who'd just graduated from the police academy. He can carry it now as a personally owned/department approved primary duty weapon (they issue G17s), a BUG, or as an off-duty firearm.

The pistol felt so good in the hand that I bought a second one just like the first to retain for myself and replaced the stock trigger with an offering from Overwatch Precision. It's a very nice package and though my usual carry is a Sig P365X, the new Glock is a great alternative.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10255 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I got a good deal on the Generation 5 Glock Model 19 and after equipping it with Trijicon sights, a Holosun optic (SCS MOS green), appropriate leather gear from TT Gunleather, and a few other accoutrements, then presented the package to my grandson who'd just graduated from the police academy. He can carry it now as a personally owned/department approved primary duty weapon (they issue G17s), a BUG, or as an off-duty firearm.

The pistol felt so good in the hand that I bought a second one just like the first to retain for myself and replaced the stock trigger with an offering from Overwatch Precision. It's a very nice package and though my usual carry is a Sig P365X, the new Glock is a great alternative.

That is a nice looking package and one heck of a great present to your grandson!!! I have been thinking of a Gen5 G19 w/ a SRO on it.

Posts: 4117 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's them big thangs on top of yer shooters?

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a good deal on the Generation 5 Glock Model 19 and after equipping it with Trijicon sights, a Holosun optic (SCS MOS green)

pulicords,

Does that sight and optic combination allow for the sights to co-witness, or are they too short? That's a great looking setup.

Posts: 865 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The SCS is designed to mount flush to the slide and easily allows for co-witness to the stock or stock height sights.

I have been tinkering with an SCS on a Glock 45 for some time now and although I don’t have a ton of rounds through it I have been very impressed with it. The auto brightness REALLY does work and the ability to just push the side button to go into max brightness mode for 30 min is nice if needed.

All in all I’ve been happy with the Glock/SCS combo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7846 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's them big thangs on top of yer shooters?

The top one is a mailbox. The flag is on the other side. The bottom one is a bottle opener. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 7846 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
CampusNinja,

I have no room, no money and no need for any more firearms but damn that bottom G34/X300 setup calls to me.

So once again, with love…….I hate you people!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The SCS is designed to mount flush to the slide and easily allows for co-witness to the stock or stock height sights.

Excellent! Thank you for your reply.

Posts: 865 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I went to buy a G47 MOS today. I finished the paperwork and the clerk notified me that my CCW expired 2 months prior. Crap. Gotta wait a week to pick it up.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
I went to buy a G47 MOS today. I finished the paperwork and the clerk notified me that my CCW expired 2 months prior. Crap. Gotta wait a week to pick it up.

Got one a couple of months, quite happy with it. One thing of note; when re-assembling (and to a degree during field strip) I will need to wiggle the barrel in/out due to the recoil spring block/thing allowing it to use the G19 assembly. It's not quite as easy as the other models on hand here.

Posts: 3353 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

You want more good news? You can still renew it, but one day past the date -- one steenkin' day -- and you'll pay a fifteen dollar late renewal fee. Ask me how I know. Thirty buck penaltyh for the household here, wife's permit and mine expired on the same date.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks LR,
That is good news.Do you know if it can be done online?

Posts: 2036 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I recently got into the P365 platform, and got away from most of my Glocks. But when it came to actually shooting them, the Glock 26 handles and shoots better for me. So I use the P365 when I need deep concealment, and I carry the G26 any other time.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks LR,

https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer...ealed-Weapon-License

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

I just ordered an Overwatch Precision trigger, Ghost Unit connector,
Sprinco Recoil Management System, and a Holosun 509T.
I’ll have this gun ready for next Sunday’s steel challenge. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
quote:
Thanks LR,

https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer...ealed-Weapon-License

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ironmike57,

posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks good, but your trigger pivot pin looks a little out of place, unless that's the way it works with Overwatch triggers.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a member of a Glock forum.

Please forgive the momentary detour of this thread. I realize the wealth of gun knowledge here so I decided to inquire here first.

Do most Glock pistol CLONES have a drop safety? (Related to an accidental discharge occurrence)

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do most Glock pistol CLONES have a drop safety? (Related to an accidental discharge occurrence)

See the pic that pulicords posted, that I quoted in the post above yours. In that particular aftermarket example, the blue lever in the trigger acts as an inertia block when the gun is dropped, effectively acting as a drop safety that prevents the trigger from pulling due to the inertia energy caused by the fall and impact. If the Glock clone has that kind of mechanism in place, then it has pretty much the same impact safety as a factory Glock does. The design of that part does a very capable job of preventing a unintended discharge due to the dropping of the weapon. Which is why virtually every manufacturer of current striker pistols uses some form of that blocker device...with the big exception being SIG Sauer.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I just had to quote the post that started this all...truly a classic! Big Grin

Posts: 1976 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I took Katarina and Anastasia to the range this morning. It was wonderful, even if CCI Blazer has gotten pretty grungy the past couple of years. Smile

Posts: 3353 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post