SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much, guys! I put two in the cart, and if nobody has a source for Glock factory originals, I'll place the order Monday or Tuesday.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'll add another recommendation for the Tango Down, they're about perfect.

Posts: 17572 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled a 19M some months back and like the factory mag release (also the extended slide release, which strangely is readily available, unlike the mag release), so I'm still interested in finding a Glock original, but I'll definitely get the TD if not the original.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Just got a 43x MOS this week.

Current stable is:
17mos
19mos
26mos
43x mos

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3623 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Model 43x MOS a few weeks back, as a option to bring with me when I travel back to CA or other states with magazine restrictions of ten rounds. It's a pretty good set up with a Holosun optic (green reticle) and XS BUS. Very flat and comfortable to carry in a Summer Special type IWB.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10255 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since my retirement I’ve been downsizing the guns I carry. In spite of having a P365, Shield and a half dozen Glocks including a G26.5, I recently picked up a 43X, non MOS. Having lost my roster exemption I payed a stupid price for it, but it’s been my main carry. I love it.

Posts: 806 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having lost my roster exemption

How does one get a roster exemption? I am just curious because I thought it was fairly locked down unless you were moving into the state with an off roster gun?

I have thought about a 43x to use as a dedicated 10 round carry piece for certain places, but honestly a couple 10 round mags for my Hellcat Pro, while not nearly the fun answer is probably the more prudent, adult one.

In case you’re not picking up what I’m putting down here……….I will probably end up with a 43x or 48 at some point because adulting is not my strong point and I am attracted to new shiny like a monkey to a banana, but hey at least I’m self aware. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7846 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

Peace officer

Posts: 806 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

God Bless the U.S.A.

Posts: 4173 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Streamlight from DaBigBR for my G-19. The Maintenance section of the owner's manual says that bullets with exposed lead bases can foul up the lens and face cap, and recommends using fine steel wool on the lens, and wrapping the face cap with electrical tape.

Anybody have experience with this lead fouling? Is it a concern?

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just use a pencil eraser if it gets bad. I just clean mine after every range trip and I’ve never had issues with any weapon lights.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7846 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, cslinger. Steel wool on plastic sounds like a recipe for disaster.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I would love it if Glock made a G19 frame with a G26 slide. Call it a G45.5

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3818 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTREND75:
I would love it if Glock made a G19 frame with a G26 slide. Call it a G45.5

The closest you will come to that is a G-26 with a G-19 magazine and an x-grip. I would also love to see Glock come out with a G45.5, it has been my Grail gun since they started swapping frames and slides.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of getting a KKM .40 barrel for my G20. My thought is that the range ammo would be a bit cheaper. Do I also need to change the magazine or does .40 load reliably in the G20 mags?

Posts: 125 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't think I needed another Glock but Classic Firearms was running a deal on gen 2 Glock 17,supposed dept. of corrections used guns for only $200 plus shipping. They showed some examples of the pistols and some had some chipping on the lower mag well from whatever reason but I had to take a chance. I was pretty pleased when mine came in and the damage was minor and the gun functions perfectly. It's hard to kill these things.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Two hundred for a Glock that was carried much but shot little is a bargain.

Do a detail strip/inspection and clean, maybe change the magazine spring(s).

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Nice! Is it just the angle or is the front sight worn to a nub from holster wear? Eek

Posts: 2700 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Nice! Is it just the angle or is the front sight worn to a nub from holster wear? Eek

Sorry, it's just a bad angle. It has night sights and they are dead but that's ok, as they are still metal/steel and the dot outline is perfect. I have an order coming for extra springs and a few mags. Looking back at the deal, $200 was cheap but with adding mags and springs, it is cutting into the savings of the gun. Most of the wear is just cosmetic and the internals look great. I was expecting to see all kinds of gunk in it but it is actually pretty clean on the inside.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've given police trade-in's considerations several times the last few years, but I always add to the price, the cost of enough mags to bring it up to three, and refreshing the night sights if necessary. Now, I'll add the cost of fresh springs.

To date, I haven't bought any used police guns, but that never stops me from looking...

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18