SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Last purchase of 2023. Just got the mags yesterday. Need to get to the range to ensure the mags function as well as stock. Holster arrives next week.

Still trying to decide on night sights or an EPS Carry, or both.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just ordered another 43X and four 45MOS-5. 43X for my daughter. 45MOS-5s for work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8026 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Just ordered another 43X and four 45MOS-5. 43X for my daughter. 45MOS-5s for work.

I wish more of the non-slimlines had the MOS-5 setup.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newest addition; a G47. Resisted the G49 or going for another Gen 5 G17MOS. Range Day is anticipated to be Tuesday after a couple of wipe-downs this weekend.

ETA; today's range report. The first several rounds were well to the left of target center, but quickly it settled in and were much closer to point of aim but a bit low. 150 rounds, and one FTF..the slide didn't pick up the second round of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. but ate the rest of the 50 rounds like a champ; no failures with 100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass stuff. I put that magazine aside for range trials later, the proven mags from the G17 will be used until the new mags are tried again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Last purchase of 2023. Just got the mags yesterday. Need to get to the range to ensure the mags function as well as stock. Holster arrives next week.

(Photo deleted)

Still trying to decide on night sights or an EPS Carry, or both.

If you're getting the Shield 15rd mags for the 43X, it's recommended that you change the mag release.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

If you're getting the Shield 15rd mags for the 43X, it's recommended that you change the mag release.

These are the PSA 15rd mags with the polymer front. I opted for them, instead of the Shield Arms, as you don't need to replace the polymer mag release.

Thank you.

The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

These are the PSA 15rd mags with the polymer front. I opted for them, instead of the Shield
Arms, as you don't need to replace the polymer mag release.

Thank you.

I got one of these and it did work better for the shield’s. I also got and tried the aluminum one but I like steel shield better. It worked ok with new PSA micro mags I got also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dyingtime,

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4988 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
First purchase of 2024. Glock 17 Summer Special. Found at a local pawn shop for $430. Stole a few HK mags too.

Posts: 619 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What’s a “summer special” Glock?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Yep, influenced by the dark side. Got a G31 and some accessories. Mine was a winter special.. I think?

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
What’s a “summer special” Glock?

It's a run of Gen 4 G17s and G19s with front serrations and extended controls, which Glock offered in summer 2017.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No kidding. I am a wealth of useless information and that one escaped me somehow. Smile. Thanks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
It also has steel sites that look like the classic Glock sites. It was enough of unique piece I decided to pick it up. Was all original and was as good as new. Not a mark on it.

Posts: 619 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G19 Summer Special. I wish that I hadn't sold it. But I did sell it for $100 more than I paid.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to pop in and say I still haven't bought a Block, oops I meant Glook.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5661 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just got another one. A gen 3 26. I like it a lot more than I ever thought I would. I couldn’t stand the slippery gen 3 grip so I dressed it up a bit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
was at armorer class yesterday and rep said direct cut mos will eventually make it to the public directly and not just from overruns. They're cranking out direct cut guns with optic packages for the le market now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8026 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post