SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
Just picked up a Gen 4 Glock 20 from OttoSig! Can't wait to shoot it, and just in time for dear season. Cool

Pics will be up later.

Stoked!


I wouldn't be posting that on the internet!

My brother has a 20. I'd like to have a 29!
 
Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pipe_down:
I wouldn't be posting that on the internet!


From the MO conservation website....

Legal Firearm Methods

Legal firearm methods used to hunt wildlife—except beaver, mink, muskrat, river otter, turtles and fish—are:

pistols, revolvers and rifles propelling a single projectile at one discharge (may not be used for hunting turkey; must be centerfire or a muzzleloader for hunting deer)
guns powered by spring, air or compressed gas (may not be used for hunting turkey. See Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet for regulations during the firearms deer season.)
shotguns not larger than 10 gauge
crossbows, which are classified as a firearm method
shotguns with the magazine cut off or plugged to reduce the capacity to not more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined. This restriction does not apply to shotguns used while hunting deer and during the Conservation Order for snow geese.

Legal firearm methods used to hunt deer and turkey are listed in the Spring Turkey Hunting Information booklet, available at permit vendors in March, and the Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet, available at permit vendors in the summer.

Fully automatic firearms are prohibited for all hunting.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 
Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
quote:
Originally posted by pipe_down:
I wouldn't be posting that on the internet!


From the MO conservation website....

Legal Firearm Methods

Legal firearm methods used to hunt wildlife—except beaver, mink, muskrat, river otter, turtles and fish—are:

pistols, revolvers and rifles propelling a single projectile at one discharge (may not be used for hunting turkey; must be centerfire or a muzzleloader for hunting deer)
guns powered by spring, air or compressed gas (may not be used for hunting turkey. See Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet for regulations during the firearms deer season.)
shotguns not larger than 10 gauge
crossbows, which are classified as a firearm method
shotguns with the magazine cut off or plugged to reduce the capacity to not more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined. This restriction does not apply to shotguns used while hunting deer and during the Conservation Order for snow geese.

Legal firearm methods used to hunt deer and turkey are listed in the Spring Turkey Hunting Information booklet, available at permit vendors in March, and the Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet, available at permit vendors in the summer.

Fully automatic firearms are prohibited for all hunting.


Obviously you missed the joke, however bad it was! "DEAR hunting" Smile
 
Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pipe_down:
Obviously you missed the joke, however bad it was! "DEAR hunting" Smile


My bad!! Smile I blame that bitch Siri. Big Grin


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 
Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
quote:
Originally posted by pipe_down:
Obviously you missed the joke, however bad it was! "DEAR hunting" Smile


My bad!! Smile I blame that bitch Siri. Big Grin


LOL! These fancy phones are good at screwing things up.
 
Posts: 121 | Location: KY | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I blame Para for the mantra ,"you will buy a glock". I walked into my lgs and they had a hideous 23c. I left it there over a week and went back it was still there. All I could think was " you will buy a glock". Well $325 + tax including three extra mags later I have been corrupted. Plan on wringing it out this weekend.
 
Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's all part of my diabolical plot to implement a single payer system.


____________________________________________________

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
 
Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yes...I did get my first Glock!

When in to pick up a Sig Sauer 220 and the LGS owner says, "I got a G20 in the safe, new, real cheap" Under 500 for a new gen3...so I did.

Ran my first 500 rounds thru it without a hitch. Did find out the chamber is 'loose as a goose'... but I assume it's that way to be always functional with all ammo.

Also just ran my first sets of reloads thru it running Blue Dot for a great target round @ about 1100fps.

For my first... Nice gun!
 
Posts: 64 | Registered: February 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of smokin'q
posted Hide Post
I was offered the opportunity to buy my first Glock.....again. I had sold it to a friend for a deal after she became a LEO. Since her duty weapon was a G22 the G27 worked great for her bug. Her department is trading out so she asked and I answered. Big Grin

G27 Gen 2.5

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smokin'q,
 
Posts: 92 | Location: Virginia | Registered: November 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I entertained the idea of a Glock again and couldnt do it. I fondled a G19 Gen4 and couldn't get past the grip. I guess they arent meant for me.


SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
 
Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I entertained the idea of a Glock again and couldnt do it. I fondled a G19 Gen4 and couldn't get past the grip. I guess they arent meant for me.


Give it some time, you WILL come to the darkside eventually.


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I was shooting my Glock with my niece, I was conveying to her that I am going to add a 30s and a 34 . She asked me why would you want more Glocks? After pondering her question for a bit I replied, my dear do you really need 2 closets full of shoes?

You will by some Glocks! MG
 
Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
I was shooting my Glock with my niece, I was conveying to her that I am going to add a 30s and a 34 . She asked me why would you want more Glocks? After pondering her question for a bit I replied, my dear do you really need 2 closets full of shoes?

You will by some Glocks! MG


Bought my first one a month ago--G19. Already want more. I could see getting a 17, 20, 26, and 34. Come to think, I also want another 19. Glockness is worse than the signess...


_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...
 
Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Many things have been changed throughout a century...










My second sin throughout my life... Big Grin
 
Posts: 638 | Registered: December 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
It took me years to buy my first one, a G26. Now I have 3. I added a G32 Gen 3 and a G23 Gen 4.


US Army Retired
 
Posts: 9 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: October 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
It's so true...I'm a G-lock owner now...


"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"
 
Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I entertained the idea of a Glock again and couldnt do it. I fondled a G19 Gen4 and couldn't get past the grip. I guess they arent meant for me.


Grips and grip angles are easily adaptable..
On my other forum there are stories from many that describe how even though the Glock felt awkward in their grip (at first), the found they shot it better than other pistols they owned.
Sorry for the run on sentence.. Wink
 
Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I'm not a youngster by any means, but I still prefer the standard Glock sights..



 
Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
I'm not a youngster by any means, but I still prefer the standard Glock sights..



I like the stock sights as long as they are steel... Big Grin



 
Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
I'm not a youngster by any means, but I still prefer the standard Glock sights..

I had mine 8 or 9 years before I changed them, and then only because I wanted some night sights. The "ball in the box" sight picture really works quite well, at least at short ranges. Past ~25 yards and you'll wish for some more light in the rear notch.
 
Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 562 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock

© SIGforum 2024