SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
This is the first time in the last five years that I’ve visited SIG Forum.
Jefferson City?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Leavenworth

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never been in there

10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess it’s a blessing and a curse to live so close to AIM Surplus. They seem to be giving Glocks away.

Out the door today for around $700. The collection continues to grow.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well Im still stuck to saying that I’m in the market for an 10 mm striker fired pistol. I have held the M&P, XDM elite, but going with a G29. Hard to beat this package for hiking in black bear territory. It works, it’s compact, and I have trained for years on the platform. Haven’t seen a Gen 5 and I’m wondering if Safariland makes a holster for it want a 6378 model. Only mods will be XS sights

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Never...never..say.never. pure nostalgia?

..never.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a 26.5. Been without a 26 for probably a decade now, and forgot how much I enjoyed them. It isn't really much harder to carry than a 43x, and shoots much better for me.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well, I needed it like a hole in my head… but I picked up a LEO trade in Gen 5, Glock 17 today. The $370 price tag made it hard to pass up. Eek

Some agency is trading in Gen 5s already? That's nuts.

Maybe they are transitioning to P320s...

We’ve traded a number of our Gen5s in already.

Were you guys an early adopter? Mind sharing if you recycled to newer versions or moved to something different eg RDS?

We’ve had them since about six months after they came out. We are trading them in small batches for MOS 47s so officers that choose to run a RDS can. We have been paying $75 in trade per unit and you can’t have slides cut nowhere that cheap.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Never...never..say.never. pure nostalgia?

..never.

Nostalgia? I suppose so, though when the Gen1 was the OnlyGen, I never considered buying one. When Glock did the previous Gen1 G17 "continuation" batch a few years ago, I didn't buy one then either. Yet earlier this year I bought one of this year's reboot run Gen1s, knowing that Glock will probably reboot the gun in the future, certainly when their 50th anniversary for the G17 rolls around in less than a decade away, if not sooner as well. However this one's serial number ending in 100 (as in the 100th one in this current run) might have had more than a little something to do with my impulse purchase. I have a weakness for nice round serial numbers, I think.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Well Im still stuck to saying that I’m in the market for an 10 mm striker fired pistol. I have held the M&P, XDM elite, but going with a G29. Hard to beat this package for hiking in black bear territory. It works, it’s compact, and I have trained for years on the platform. Haven’t seen a Gen 5 and I’m wondering if Safariland makes a holster for it want a 6378 model. Only mods will be XS sights

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
jljones:

Stock plates or aftermarket for the RDS?

ETA - Got it..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig 226,

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nested quotes. Please stop with the real estate-robbing nested quotes.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Those Gen 1 reissues are internally the same as a Gen 3, and externally have a number of dimensions in common with the Gen 3 as well. I get the appeal, but comparing the photos to my 1986 G17, they're missing a lot of what makes the originals magic. It's hard to explain how the Gen is different, but the times I've handed it over to guys who've been shooting Glocks for years, they instantly get it. Just slimmer and more svelte, plus mine has the best factory Glock trigger I've run across. In the hand, it feels more like a Gen 2 19 than it does a Gen 3 17. I think there's something to the original black lacquer coated internals. I really would like to see a good Gen 1 example fully copied in all dimensions with just what needs to be updated changed with maybe a little more aggressive texture and that's probably it. It'll never happen, but it would be nice.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I'm on the list for the .50 BMG G50XXXL...

...may not work too well for EDC though...

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G-47MOS last week that has been held up by the effed-up Illinois magazine law. The lawyers finally agreed that it was the magazines that are restricted (pending US Supreme Court review), not the pistols, so my LGS is holding my mags. I bought one 10-rd mag for the moment.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The idea of converting a G36 to 10mm is taking up a lot of real estate in my mind.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First glock was a gen 2 G19 and a few years later G26. Had those for a few years until I went up to G20c & G29 in the late 90's. Sold those went I went overseas for 6 years.

Since then I've owned a couple and never kept them long. But recently I decided to take advantage of the blue label program and now have a gen 5 G26. Will be the cc and car gun when traveling. No name yet though - maybe call her baby; you know - no one puts baby in the corner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Augen,

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody have experience with 9mm +P+? I found a source for Federal 9BPLE at a reasonable price (by today's standards, anyway) and got some, but Glock's website says +P+ is not SAAMI rated. I e-mailed them specifically about the Federal ammo, since one source says it's the issue ammo used by Border Patrol, but their response quite literally was to cut and paste the page from their website, so no clarification.

Calling Federal, the guy wondered why I would want to use it in the first place, since it's 115gr.

Both Glock and Federal said it would increase wear on parts, neither said anything about voiding the warranty, so I'm asking for opinions from those here who have experience. My intent is to use it for carry purposes, and practice with tamer stuff after I've determined that it functions well in my Glocks.

Any opinions?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Not Federal, but we were issuing 127gr +P+ Winchester Ranger until we ran out. We switched to 124gr HST since we found some in stock.

We weren't shooting a steady diet of the +P+ but just testing a bit to see if it was a good duty round. We still trained with regular pressure ammo.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post