SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
5- 25rd magazines...
If those are factory magazines, they're 24 rounds.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
5- 25rd magazines...
If those are factory magazines, they're 24 rounds.

Yep- 24 rounds.

I just grabbed a handful of the 17 round magazines and tossed them into my bag on the way out the door.

I gotta say that I'm liking it more then my Gen 3 G-17...
This G-34 might just replace my G-21 as my duty weapon.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

upload a picture

I bought a Glock. Looks even better in person, front serrations notwithstanding. Haha. Replaced the factory plastic guide rod with a tungsten one from Glockstore. Also swapped into their 3.5lb connector to lighten and shorten the trigger pull just a bit. Have to say as much as I love my Sigs this thing shoots great and will be my primary carry piece for the time being.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I have a few Glocks already, but added another one yesterday!
I went in my local fun shop and they had a used 19x in the case. It had all theee mags and the box, and the price was good enough that I put it on layaway. I’ve been wanting one for awhile. Probably the color more than anything. I’m thinking it will get one of the Radian Ramjet comps, just for fun!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if a Gen 5 Glock 30 is on the horizon? I know .45 is big, old, slow and inefficient but I still just like it and one of my few gun sale regrets was a Gen 3 “fat” Glock 30.

I mean I was surprised to see the Gen 5 G21 so will we get a 30???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Do Glock clones count?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Does anybody know if a Gen 5 Glock 30 is on the horizon? I know .45 is big, old, slow and inefficient but I still just like it and one of my few gun sale regrets was a Gen 3 “fat” Glock 30.

I mean I was surprised to see the Gen 5 G21 so will we get a 30???

I'd say yes, but as to when it would happen it'll most likely depend upon how well the Gen4 G30 is continuing to sell. After all in more than a decade's time, Glock has yet to move forward and offer a Gen4 G36, which also happens to be a model that we rarely get requests for.

As for the G30 in our shop, these days it barely sells at a justifiable level. And like so many pistols chambered in .45AUTO that aren't 1911s, it's one that seems to not be near the top of the list of the fans of the caliber, at least among our customer base. Frankly, I've been contemplating dropping the G30 from our regular inventory and making it a special order item. We have only so much room and the G30 is one that's not performing well enough to justify tying up shelf space just to sell one every 2-4 months in any of its flavors...at best. With the price of factory .45 ammo these days its sales are also not likely to get any better for us any time soon, especially given this current economy.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Added another Glock to my collection, this time it's the G30s, I had read that these models are pretty accurate.

I decided to christened this one with my 200gr LSWC HI-Tek handloads (first two mags shown below from the bench to judge accuracy); this one is currently wearing the Glock-stic stock sights and it fits my medium sized hands well... Cool

This is the beginning of another long lasting relationship Wink

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I just realized my two Glocks were bought before this thread was made, I think then it doesn't count for purposes of this thread?

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
At some point in your life

Opening line of the thread so yeah it counts.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
While there are differences between my G19 gen3 not really much difference than my G19 gen5. That said I do prefer the the Gen 5’s grip. Still hard to beat a glock out of the box. Still have my Sig, CZ’s, 45’s, and wheel guns. But if Im still around when everything hits the fan I going with my G19

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
toxophilus84,

My Gen 3 Glock 30 (fat) is one of my few guns I have sold I regret doing so. I don't have particularly big hands but that gun shot great for me and I do think they are inherently accurate....all that said.....

DAMN!!!! Was that offhand? I mean even off a rest that is pretty friggin fantastic shooting. My Glock 30 must have been broken........it never shot like that. Frown Razz Maybe at 10 yards yeah, but at 15 no way for me. Big Grin

......but you mostly missed the red dot. Razz Roll Eyes HEY IT MAKES MY FRAGILE EGO FEEL BETTER!!! Big Grin

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Glocks.

I don’t have much experience with a red dot optic.
So, in this month’s steel challenge, I’m going to shoot my Gen 3 17 with irons.
Then I will shoot my Gen 5 45 with a Holosun 509T.
The 17 has a way better trigger. I tried the GPT in the 45 but4 I don’t like it.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I will. Just bought a Gen 5 G26, after a long time away from the 26. During my time away I tried the Shield plus, 43x, Beretta APX and several others. Nothing really wrong with any of them, but I had to come back to what I think is the best combo of concealability, reliability, shootability, capacity and accuracy on the market.
I really want to have it with a red dot but I guess they only offer the G26 MOS in europe and I am not a big fan of sending my slides to get cut. I know its probably fine I just prefer factory offerings over after market stuff. If I could find a factory MOS slide I would grab that but I don't see those for sale by anyone either. So I will just shoot the crap out of it for now and wait and see if we ever get the MOS version here.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I mostly carry my P365 but have been back to carrying my Gen 4 G33 more lately. I just sent it off to Wilson for a little work.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, I needed it like a hole in my head… but I picked up a LEO trade in Gen 5, Glock 17 today. The $370 price tag made it hard to pass up. Eek

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that's a smoking deal for a Gen5!

quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well, I needed it like a hole in my head… but I picked up a LEO trade in Gen 5, Glock 17 today. The $370 price tag made it hard to pass up. Eek

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new Gen 5 G26 yesterday. I've owned several different types of glocks over the years, but never a 26. I've always thought about one, but it just never happened. I can't wait to get to the range and shoot glocks most versatile pistol.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've owned several different types of glocks over the years, but never a 26.

I am not a “Glock guy” so to speak. I own them, shoot them and like them but they are not my primary choice.

I only say that to level set as the following is not a Glock Guy cheerleader statement.

I have found the Glock 26 to be far more accurate than it has any right to be. Those little guys straight shoot. While I use both the 10 and 12 round factory mags I have found a Glock 19 mag in an xgrip sleeve feels better and doesn’t really sacrifice much conceal-ability vs the 12 round mag.

Long story short I am always surprised at how well I shoot the 26, great little gun. Enjoy yours in good health.

Ohhh one more thing. New Glocks that I have handled SEEM to have stouter recoil springs these days. You might want to run some hotter and or heavier grain stuff for a box or three just to be safe/loosen it up a bit. I’ve read of some folks having some early issues with powder puff stuff with new Glocks until they break in a tad, so I offer the warning like I do for new HKs out of the box.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Uh, no I won't. I learned to shoot pistol with a 1911 and can point shoot to almost minute of accuracy. I grab a Glock with it's stupid 22° grip angle and all I am shooting is the range roof or the sky... The one time I rented one to see how it shot, I got the worst case of Slide Bite I ever had so I just say no. Now if they were to make a Glock with a real mans grip angle (18°), I MIGHT and I mean MIGHT consider shooting another Glock. Not bad guns, just not for me.

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I am just amused

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 28, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post