SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They look like absolute shit in my opinion. I suppose the rationale- other than being trendy- is that they are there to help you rack the slide once you attach one of those unnecessary electronic tumors over the rear serrations. Call me crazy, but I tend to keep my hands away from the muzzle of a loaded firearm. Roll Eyes

I bought my three gen5s- a 17, 19 and 26 before Glock defaced their pistols with these serrations and "slide plates".

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

Huh. I happen to like them. They, and the beveling on the slide, gives the Glock a finished look, for a change.

To each their own. I prefer my weapons to be nonsense free. I don't like billboards going down the slide advertising the brand and name of the gun. I don't like warning labels taking up the entirety of the frame/slide and I don't need "tactical" features that I will never use because my window to join SEAL Team 6 was 20+ years ago and was cracked open enough to let an ant through.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eh...Glocks in general look like crap, as I've been ceaselessly told by many in the gun buying public that frequent our shop. And guess what, frankly I don't care because I keep using and buying them most happily regardless of what others consider as 'beautiful' or 'purdy'. The front serrations neither improve or degrade the gun's design to my eye. It's still just a Glock in either config, a thing definitely NOT designed in order to win a Sunday afternoon barbeque beauty show no matter how anyone tries to coax and spin it. Shame those like ZEV still haven't figured that out. Or most hardened 1911 fanboys. Yet I understand why Glock retrofit those serration on the latest gen guns; the 'yuuts' of today like them and they've morphed into pistol designs just about everywhere, and they have become THE segment of the buying public that matters most for a company's financial success and even long-term survival. Whatever. I'm not bothered by it even if I don't use them at all. I'm not some tacticool press-checking maniac, acting as if they're amped up on meth as they press-check incessantly for YT vids. But if Glock sees fit to add them to bolster up their sales numbers, so be it. Must Stay Competitive, after all.

At least Glock didn't view those serrations as justification and opportunity to charge more, like they annoyingly did with the MOS cut, a no-upcost feature that's now SOP on many, many guns these days.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eh...Glocks in general look like crap, as I've been ceaselessly told by many in the gun buying public that frequent our shop.

HA! I’ve always told folks Glock makes a fantastic firearm for a reasonable price and they even throw in all that ugly for no extra charge. Smile

On a Glock I can take or leave the front serrations. They are helpful on an MOS/optic having gun but meh it’s a Glock, smooth lines and aesthetics have never exactly been why they fly off the shelves. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Same here as far as take or leave the serrations.
I value function and performance over aesthetics so that doesn't factor in too high for me. Besides that all my pistols get carried and shot a lot so they get their "character" from honest wear.

I do use them when I do a brass check every now and then. It's not impossible without them but a bit easier with.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
New Glocks in our state (CA) are Gen 3 only. Unless you are an LEO... who can buy nearly any gun they have an exception to our stupid CA Roster Laws.
While you can get the newer Gen Glocks at inflated pricing on the secondary market (PPT). I've always been happy with the Gen 3 or prior gen guns. The serrations in my opinion are FUGLY... and just a marketing trend for a need that really isn't there. I hate them on 1911's also... At least they got rid of the finger grooves on the Gen 5 guns... I took them off my Gen 3 19 now my hand fits the gun better... Should have kept my GEN 2 G19.
Opinions worth what you paid for them.... Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well i finally caved yesterday and picked up a G19 Gen5 - i do wish for no front serrations, but I'm late to that party. It will replace the SP2022 as my carry piece after being vetted at the range. I may be in real trouble as my wife picked it up and went "oooh I really like this one".

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may be in real trouble as my wife picked it up and went "oooh I really like this one".

We call that, permission to buy another....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After handling my friend's optic-topped (w/a Sig Romeo variation) P229 last weekend I decided that I 'need' to have an optic equipped nightstand / home-defense semi-auto pistol (which is currently a Beretta 92FS).

The Glock 17 Gen5 MOS floated to the top of my list very quickly and I called my favorite LGS in Slatington, PA to inquire on price and availability.

The person helping me said that there were not any available at any of the distributors that they use which was pretty surprising to the both of us.

He said to hold on while he checked it out.

When he got back on the line he informed me that the Glock 47 Gen5 MOS is replacing the Glock 17 MOS, which was news to both of us.

Dimensionally the 17 and the 47 are almost identical, but the 47's dust cover does not extend to the end of the slide, with its length being closer to that of the 19's frame.

The 'idea' is that one could take a barrel/slide assembly from a 19 and put it onto the 47's frame and visa-versa.

There are still 17 Gen5 MOS's available for purchase from some on-line retailers, so you desire this specific variation of the 17 then maybe consider getting one sooner rather than later.

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G48 MOS a few weeks ago. Added a 10-8 Performance connector and loaded some 147gr bullets for it. Shoots excellent with the 147’s, though I need better sights and dial it in better. While it won’t replace my G19’s, it will be my summer carry and IDPA CCP division gun. It probably won’t get an optic for a while but now it’s easy to do if I need.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when I went to the LGS to get a G17 MOS, they told me the same thing so I got the Glock 47; for me, the interchangeability wasn't really a big selling point since I already have a Glock 45.

quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

When he got back on the line he informed me that the Glock 47 Gen5 MOS is replacing the Glock 17 MOS, which was news to both of us.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glock bean counters at work. Why build two closely similar guns when one will do? Thus ends the need (and cost) for making the G17 MOS. I recall reading this on one of the gun news websites (maybe TFB) shortly after the G47 went on sale to the public, so naturally I went and bought our last G17 MOS in inventory immediately afterwards.

If you can't have it, you want it all the more. At least I seem to be infected with that thinking.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Back to the Glock Performance Trigger. Johnny Glock takes his time and shows how to mod the GPT for prior generations.
(Kind of longish)

ETA: I gave up on trying to embed, here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTMzt_Sb3SQ

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Well here it is but it’s age restricted. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mr. Glock actually requested the age-restriction. This is because of the petulant, menstruating teenage girls who moderate youtube, with their idiotic and arbitrary rules about what is allowed on the platform.

Yes, Chicago gangbangers are tuning into JG's channel because they're modifying gen3 Glocks with match triggers. Sure. Roll Eyes

Those thugs get their hands on a G26 and stick a shitty 33 round knockoff mag in the thing, loaded up with odds-and-ends ammo and resort to holsterless carry, but JG requested the age-restriction because he knew that if he didn't, youtube would likely take down his video, even though it makes no sense for them to do so.

It's interesting information but I doubt I'll be installing the GPT in any of my gen3 Glocks.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
The Glock collection continues to grow. I was discussing the fish gill guns with my son earlier this year. He had never heard/seen them before. Flash forward a month or two and we are at the local gun show together. Low and behold this is still on the table. Sure it is probably the most common model. But that is fine with me.

I really like the sites the previous owner put on. They help these aging eyes. Put about 150 rounds through it a few weeks back and it didn't tear up my hands as some claim.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really like the sites the previous owner put on.

What kind of rear sights are those? I don't think I've seen those on a Glock.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
They look like those Ameriglo ghost ring sights. These have intrigued me but I figured they would be a bit like an XS big dot in that you gain faster acquisition but lose precision.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
What kind of rear sights are those? I don't think I've seen those on a Glock.

Ameriglo GL-325

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...o-ghost-ring-sights/

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor is my dealer. Makes things somewhat hard walking past his garage... "Hey, look at this new toy!" aaannnd I'm pretty much sold.

A few weeks ago, he pulled the old "I'm getting rid of this" on me.
Well, "This" is a NIB G-34 5th Gen, Trigicon RMR, 5- 24rd magazines, 20- 17rd magazines, Streamlight TLR-HD

I was able to get out a few days ago and get some rounds through it.
Eek
Hard to miss things with that green triangle!

That brings me to about 10 Glocks....
Damn this thread!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CPD SIG,

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post