SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sniper350:
I think the Glock Armorers will be glad to look over your pistol .....after all Glock themselves make and sell their own 3.5 lb Connector !!

Some parts require special care and very fine attention to detail ...... the connector is just such a part. Rarely do I see websites explain how to adjust the "angle off" the frame that the connector must sit. A piece of 20lb paper should slide with "some" resistance between the connector & frame.

My point is that you should have noticed an effect ...... like I said, my G-17's trigger pull improved greatly ...... but I can feel a 1 and 1/2 lb. difference because of my work with 1911's.

That Scherer connector is a FINE part too, you made a good second choice ..... some people like the Scherer more than the LW product.

No need to mess with springs .....the connector alone should give you a much improved Glock and that's how the pistol would come from the factory, if it were not for the LEO market that Glock has to worry about !

I avoided Glock for 20 years, because I didn't like the trigger ......but after seeing what some replacments parts could do for the pistol, I quickly changed my mind and now feel the G-17 is perhaps the greatest 9mm handgun ever "Mass" produced.

JF.[/QUOTE}

You are my man!!! I was the same way, only I didn't know what a Glock was. Strictly revolvers and 1911s (and the ONLY 1911 was made by Colt) in my law enforcement career. But something happened in my old age. Sig Sauer entered the picture and the revolvers went by the wayside. Well, I did keep a Model 60 stainless. Then a friend (almost as old) kept saying "one of these days..." Well, one of these days rolled around and I bought a G26. And then a 30. And then a 19. And finally a 20SF. I have more ammo for these handguns than Wal-Mart! Except for 10mm, that is, and I can't get closer than Mike McNett's "your order goes out next week." That was more than two weeks ago. Oh, well... I'd be interested in knowing when this Glock siren song quits playing in my ear.

Good to know the Glock guys will take a look at 'em. We'll see if everything's done right.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:
PaSig, if you don't have the 3.5# connector you will be amazed at the difference. Cost about $9 and installs in 5 minutes.

I actually like the firm feel of the stock connector and if anything I'd get a NY setup for a carry gun like a G19 or G26. The G21 is one of my house guns.

Posts: 33871 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:
PaSig, if you don't have the 3.5# connector you will be amazed at the difference. Cost about $9 and installs in 5 minutes.

I actually like the firm feel of the stock connector and if anything I'd get a NY setup for a carry gun like a G19 or G26. The G21 is one of my house guns.

I love my glock 21 its my house gun as well. Nothing sez "get outta my house" like a glock 21 Big Grin. I do like the 3.5 connectors as well. I have it on my glock 21. Super fast follow up shots Razz

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG Forum Lurker
posted Hide Post
Love went south for my G22 (and so did the G22) when I fondled uh I mean I held my new 229 SCT 9MM.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt Glock is a good gun. I've had them for 20 years or so. What I like about them is they are easy to use. I just keep them loaded and figure when I need to use it I just pull the trigger. I gave my wife a Glock 26 for that reason. It's like a revolver with twice as many shots! If she happens to need more she can just pop in an extra mag. They are about as uncomplicated as they come. The trigger is always the same, they are always ready to go, and they are easy to shoot quickly and accurately.

The triggers aren't great in my opinion. I have always used the 3.5 connectors to improve the pull but they still don't fire anything like a good single action trigger in my opinion. I don't get much joy out of shooting a Glock probably for that reason. I much prefer shooting 1911's or anything with a nice single action trigger.

To me a Glock just works. I owe my life to a 33 and will never forget that. It worked when needed and did the job very well. They still have to be maintained correctly to work. That means keeping them dry for the most part and especially keeping the striker clean and free. If anything gets in there you run the risk of it not striking hard enough to set off the primers. I have had this happen but luckily not under dire times. They are also a gun more susceptable to not firing if limp wristed. That was one of the key things I had to teach my wife about the gun.

What I wonder is when they are going to come out with a single stack model. I have held the new model with the aggressive sharp sand paper like grip. I didn't care for it.

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree with pointshooter on the triggers, but you know what? The triggers feel funny only when dry firing. If I'm on the range I can't tell the difference in the way any gun feels when it fires. They all feel the same at that instant. The trigger breaks, the gun goes bang, the recoil is felt. 1911, Sig, Glock -- I can't tell the difference between them when they fire. I CAN tell the difference in triggers if I'm drying firing.

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M_E_:
Checking ...

Nope, still no Glock.

+1

----------------------------------
"That which depends on me, I can do; that which depends on the enemy cannot be certain." Mei Yao-ch'en, The Art of War

Posts: 404 | Location: Springfield, OR | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary in Pennsylvania
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Checking ...

Nope, still no Glock.
Keep checking. One day, surprise!! Just like the Stork bringin' you a bambino, you got a Glock. Smile

me neither.

Just this past weekend I stopped by my favorite local dealer and handled an XD9SC, a G26 and a G19.

The overwhelming popularity of Glocks always keeps me asking the shop keep to please take them out from behind the glass so I can handle them. And every time, my dislike for the feel is reaffirmed.

BUT.......I will be adding that XD9SC to my collection in about a month! I can run 200 rounds of WWB 9mm for range time for $40.....and carry GDHP everywhere else.

Glocks ain't for me. The finger groves are the BIGGEST deal breaker!

-

Gary in Pennsylvania

-------------------------------

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours - Richard Bach

XD9SC & XD45 Tactical
Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330 3" short shroud!
Ruger GP-100 KGPF-340 4" short shroud!
CZ-75D PCR Compact

VULA.ORG Vintage Ultralights

HAVE YOU SEEN ME???

Posts: 840 | Location: Moscow, Pennsylvania | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Checking ...

Nope, still no Glock.
Keep checking. One day, surprise!! Just like the Stork bringin' you a bambino, you got a Glock. Smile

You know, Parabellum, you just might be on to something here ... I've secretly had this unfulfilled desire to buy a Glock 20 for the longest time. My dad bought one when I was a kid, and I enjoyed shooting it when I was in high school ... in truth, I'm "in love" with the caliber (10mm) more than the pistol itself.

For years, I just knew that a "reputable company" (like Sig or H&K Wink ) would finally break down, and introduce a quality 10mm auto into the marketplace ... thus far, they haven't chosen to do so. So, my 10mm fantasies persist Roll Eyes , but I've still been able to resist that urge (it's "seasonal" and comes and goes) to buy a "Block 20" after all these years...

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
A G20 is an excellent choice for 10mm.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
A G20 is an excellent choice for 10mm.

You're correct, Arcwelder76 ... in fact, the Glock 20 is still the only practical and totally reliable 10mm auto on the market today ... but I just can't bring myself to buy one, you know, I'd be too ashamed of myself... Frown

If I lived in "bear country," I'd have one for sure, loaded up with Buffalo Bore "Heavy 10mm" cartridges ... that's one hell of a backup pistol for the "backwoods"!

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Well, I have a brand new 20. So brand new it's never been shot. Why, you ask, has it never been shot? Because I can't find anybody to sell me 10mm ammo. I won't buy the weak stuff, but I do have an order in for 250 rounds of DT 180 grain HP. Got one notice that "your order ships next week." That was 3 weeks ago. Sent a follow-up email and ... nothing. Have no idea what's going on, but I do know it makes no sense to buy a gun and not be able to find ammo to shoot in it. I bought 20 rounds of Corbon locally the other day -- paid $39. That's enough to load it up once with four rounds left over. If I could get the DT stuff I'd buy reloading equipment. But gee...

Oh... I forgot... I live in bear country.

Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
I have confessed before that I have a G22c that the wife bought me. But I do have a thing for the 10mm cartridge and I only have 1 gun for it. If I get another Glock, How far apart would I have to keep them to prevent breeding?

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
Well, I have a brand new 20. So brand new it's never been shot. Why, you ask, has it never been shot? Because I can't find anybody to sell me 10mm ammo. I won't buy the weak stuff, but I do have an order in for 250 rounds of DT 180 grain HP. Got one notice that "your order ships next week." That was 3 weeks ago. Sent a follow-up email and ... nothing. Have no idea what's going on, but I do know it makes no sense to buy a gun and not be able to find ammo to shoot in it. I bought 20 rounds of Corbon locally the other day -- paid $39. That's enough to load it up once with four rounds left over. If I could get the DT stuff I'd buy reloading equipment. But gee...

Good deal, jeremiahjj ... I'm sorry about your ammo woes, have you tried ordering from Buffalo Bore? Perhaps they can "hook you up" with some of that "Heavy 10mm"!

The scarcity of 10mm "ball ammo" for practice is yet another reason that I haven't acquired a Glock 20 ... hell, the stuff was rare 18 years ago when I used to shoot my Dad's (he sold the weapon years ago because of this issue).

"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes ... well, he eats you!!!" Well, with a Glock 20 at your side, and a good rifle, I suspect that you won't ever get eaten by that pesky bear!

-BK

A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by countrygun:
I have confessed before that I have a G22c that the wife bought me. But I do have a thing for the 10mm cartridge and I only have 1 gun for it. If I get another Glock, How far apart would I have to keep them to prevent breeding?

LOL, countrygun! I think if you store each of your Glocks in a different room they won't produce any offspring ... they haven't quite mastered door knobs yet!

-BK

posted Hide Post
Nope, never. I prefer my black polymers to be expensive Rainbow Six type guns Big Grin

Posts: 3532 | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badkarma56:
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:

Good deal, jeremiahjj ... I'm sorry about your ammo woes, have you tried ordering from Buffalo Bore? Perhaps they can "hook you up" with some of that "Heavy 10mm"!

(snip)

-BK

I've tried a bunch of outlets and can't remember about BB, but I'll certainly give 'em a quick shot. Can't hurt. Thanks for the tip!

Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it! I just spent more than 100 bucks (including $15 shipping) on 60 (SIXTY!) rounds of Big Bore's 10mm. This gives me a total of about 300 rounds, 80 of which are heavy hunting stuff. That's it for me, I'm done -- take me out of the oven. I either reload from now on or find another hobby. The liberals have won by pricing me out of the market.

SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
The G20 is an awesome pistol. Hope to add another one soon.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just broke down and picked up a g19..Guess what it had 2 mags Smile Seriously..It shoots great. Not the same COOL factor as my Sigs ..Sent it in for a grip reduction and snake skin treatment as well as a trigger job..Should be back this week.

Hit it in the eye...anywhere in the eye

Posts: 134 | Location: SW Mo | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post