SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sovietak474u:
I love my glock e tool. I use it to pick up dead animals that my cat kills. I gotta glock field knife I use to finish them off if my cat did not do that already Wink. Glocks items are just super Big Grin

I hate the Glock tool, which is a piece of crap. I bent mine 45 degrees trying to push the trigger pin out. I threw the damn thing in the trash and went down to the hardware store and bought two steel pin punches (3/32 and 1/8).

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I want a Glock 19.

Frown

Posts: 9993 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
The thing about buying a Glock is you're never through. There are slug plugs to buy, 3.5 lb connectors, NY triggers, extended slide releases (excuse me, slide stops), all kinds of extra do-dads here and there. They wouldn't cost an arm and a leg put together, and it's kinda fun working on 'em (except when you bend your Glock tool).

But if you're a good gunsmith, fergit it! These guns are made to shoot and carry. A professional gunsmith wouldn't come within a country mile of one. (That's because we can work on 'em ourselves.) Smile

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
quote:
Originally posted by sovietak474u:
I love my glock e tool. I use it to pick up dead animals that my cat kills. I gotta glock field knife I use to finish them off if my cat did not do that already Wink. Glocks items are just super Big Grin

I hate the Glock tool, which is a piece of crap. I bent mine 45 degrees trying to push the trigger pin out. I threw the damn thing in the trash and went down to the hardware store and bought two steel pin punches (3/32 and 1/8).

He was referring to the entrenching tool. I gather you were not...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well there ya go. Trying to drive out a little 1/8" pin with an e-tool takes a lot of work. I'm not surprised you bent it, trying to bend that 8" wide blade down to 1/64 of its original size... Razz

Seriously, yes you can bend those tools- with good reason. If you're pushing that hard, you're pushing too hard. You need to manipulate the slide-lock while pushing on the pin to get it out of the pin's retaining groove. You can hammer it out, but doing so repeatedly deforms the slide-stop pivot point and the retaining groove. Wink

Posts: 113 | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Damn you Glock!!!

I finally got a chance to take my Glock 21SF to the range yesterday and put 150 rounds through it. I'll be dammed if I can't shoot that thing like it was a laser blaster straight out of Star Wars...

Now I'm going to have to get a Glock 19...perhaps a Glock 26...when does this end?

The pull of the Dark Side is strong! Big Grin

Posts: 33996 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Twenty-four years and holding.

Posts: 15935 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob972:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeremiahjj:

Well there ya go. Trying to drive out a little 1/8" pin with an e-tool takes a lot of work. I'm not surprised you bent it, trying to bend that 8" wide blade down to 1/64 of its original size... Razz

Seriously, yes you can bend those tools- with good reason. If you're pushing that hard, you're pushing too hard. You need to manipulate the slide-lock while pushing on the pin to get it out of the pin's retaining groove. You can hammer it out, but doing so repeatedly deforms the slide-stop pivot point and the retaining groove. Wink[/QUOTE}

Yup, I found that out too -- too late. Won't do it again -- pound hard, that is. But I have a couple of nice steel pin punches!

posted Hide Post
Stock, I find them to be the most perfect carry guns that I have ever seen. I wouldn't want to change a thing.

My future 20 may have an aftermarket barrel, and if I got a 34 dedicated for competition I might be open to modifying it a little bit.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Clemson SC | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Twenty-four years and holding.
Is that how old you are? That explains a lot. Razz

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
PaSig, if you don't have the 3.5# connector you will be amazed at the difference. Cost about $9 and installs in 5 minutes.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I have a 3.5 lb connector which I installed in about 5 minutes. My only amazement was how little difference it made.

posted Hide Post
I have a 3.5 lb connector which I installed in about 5 minutes. My only amazement was how little difference it made.

===============================================
That's not possible ......... either
A. You installed it wrong not maintaining the proper "angle off" the frame

B. You bought a crappy part ...... I would recommend Lone Wolf ---- not all connectors are created equal ...... some will give you a better RESET value, while other will give you a sharper break when the sear lets go. And still other will reduce the trigger pull by about 1 1/2 lbs from factory.

My Lone Wolf Connector affected my G-17 like night and day when it comes to trigger pull. You shouldn't expect a 3.5 lb trigger pull without installing a competition SPRING Set.
But a glass break pull of about 4 lbs is very obtainable.

JF.

Posts: 122 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sniper350:

B. You bought a crappy part ...... I would recommend Lone Wolf ---- not all connectors are created equal ...... some will give you a better RESET value, while other will give you a sharper break when the sear lets go. And still other will reduce the trigger pull by about 1 1/2 lbs from factory.

My Lone Wolf Connector affected my G-17 like night and day when it comes to trigger pull. You shouldn't expect a 3.5 lb trigger pull without installing a competition SPRING Set.

JF.

Actually, I think my connectors ARE Lone Wolfs. But I'll tell you what: I'm going to Glock Days in Denver on Friday. They'll have eight armorers there checking guns, making repairs, whatever is necessary, free of charge. I'll have 'em check it. If they will, that is. A 3.5# connector is non-standard and they might not want to touch it. I didn't change the spring, just the connector. BTW, there was a Glock armorer watching while I did the 26, so I'm guessing it's properly installed.

Hmmmm... I should have added that LW connectors are on both my 26 and 30. I also have a 19 and a 20 (recently purchased). I bought a Scherer 3.5 lb connector, but haven't installed it in anything yet.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sniper350:

JF.

Actually, I think my connectors ARE Lone Wolfs. But I'll tell you what: I'm going to Glock Days in Denver on Friday. They'll have eight armorers there checking guns, making repairs, whatever is necessary, free of charge. I'll have 'em check it. If they will, that is. A 3.5# connector is non-standard and they might not want to touch it. I didn't change the spring, just the connector. BTW, there was a Glock armorer watching while I did the 26, so I'm guessing it's properly installed.

Hmmmm... I should have added that LW connectors are on both my 26 and 30. I also have a 19 and a 20 (recently purchased). I bought a Scherer 3.5 lb connector, but haven't installed it in anything yet.

Hi jeremiahjj

I have 8 Glocks and all but 2 have 3.5 lb. connectors. I will say there can be a slight difference between them. You may have one that runs a little heavier than normal.
The difference really stands out when you dry fire one with the Standard connector and then immediately try one with the 3.5.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 3.5 connectors reduce the pull but i think it takes awhile to actually feel the effects. When i put mine in, i didnt notice anything. After another 300 rounds, i started feeling the difference. Another thing you could do to improve the trigger is polish the internals

Posts: 543 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M_E_
posted Hide Post
Checking ...

Nope, still no Glock.

The bigger the hole, the harder they squirt!

Posts: 991 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Glock Armorers will be glad to look over your pistol .....after all Glock themselves make and sell their own 3.5 lb Connector !!

Some parts require special care and very fine attention to detail ...... the connector is just such a part. Rarely do I see websites explain how to adjust the "angle off" the frame that the connector must sit. A piece of 20lb paper should slide with "some" resistance between the connector & frame.

My point is that you should have noticed an effect ...... like I said, my G-17's trigger pull improved greatly ...... but I can feel a 1 and 1/2 lb. difference because of my work with 1911's.

That Scherer connector is a FINE part too, you made a good second choice ..... some people like the Scherer more than the LW product.

No need to mess with springs .....the connector alone should give you a much improved Glock and that's how the pistol would come from the factory, if it were not for the LEO market that Glock has to worry about !

I avoided Glock for 20 years, because I didn't like the trigger ......but after seeing what some replacments parts could do for the pistol, I quickly changed my mind and now feel the G-17 is perhaps the greatest 9mm handgun ever "Mass" produced.

JF.

Posts: 122 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M_E_:
Checking ...

Nope, still no Glock.
Keep checking. One day, surprise!! Just like the Stork bringin' you a bambino, you got a Glock. Smile

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsxr22:
the 3.5 connectors reduce the pull but i think it takes awhile to actually feel the effects. When i put mine in, i didnt notice anything. After another 300 rounds, i started feeling the difference. Another thing you could do to improve the trigger is polish the internals

Heh-heh. The .25 cent action job? You're right and I haven't done that yet.