SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 563
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of M_E_
posted Hide Post
Nope, still no Glock.

The bigger the hole, the harder they squirt!

Posts: 991 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mmissile
posted Hide Post
Me neither.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
'proposed 28th Amendment' to the U.S. Constitution: 'Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives. . .'

Posts: 9500 | Location: Former America/Michigan | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M_E_:
Nope, still no Glock.
Keep checking. Don't keep us posted.

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave-40:
quote:
But it doesn't make the damn thing go away.

@Jeremiahjj:

But it is less nasty when stopped.
These guns must be strange ones to need such public relations ..

regards.

I don't think Glock needs much public relations. I do know that every time I have called Glock USA, a cute sounding southern girl has answered the phone and if she couldn't answer my question or help me, she transferred me to another cute sounding southern girl who did. When I call SIG I end up with either voice mail hell (with no call backs) or with bad atttitude.

Posts: 3972 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get the fuck out of my thread. Just watch and see what happens if you post in this thread again.

I am curious.

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post

See ya, dave!

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:
But it doesn't make the damn thing go away.

@Jeremiahjj:

But it is less nasty when stopped.
These guns must be strange ones to need such public relations ..

regards.
Get the fuck out of my thread. Just watch and see what happens if you post in this thread again.

If you knew what was good for you , you would buy a glock! Do so or die! Big Grin

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am curious.
Banned. Curiosity satisfied.

Posts: 107960 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:

I am curious.
Banned. Curiosity satisfied.

(Queen music playing)

"Another one bites the dust...."

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I can't believe people are stubborn enough to get banned on what is supposed to be a lighthearted thread. What's with all the attitude.

They should just buy a Glock and calm down. Wink

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
If ever there was a guy who needed a "Mercy Glock", it was him. Smile

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I think he was buy-curious...

[/rimshot]

I'm here all week, folks!

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I can't believe people are stubborn enough to get banned on what is supposed to be a lighthearted thread. What's with all the attitude.

Kevin

For real. Now matter how much you hate them, you know deep down you want one. Quit fooling yourself. Just buy one and dont tell anybody Big Grin

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sovietak474u:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Kevin

For real. Now matter how much you hate them, you know deep down you want one. Quit fooling yourself. Just buy one and dont tell anybody Big Grin

I hated them until i bought one a few years ago too!

Now i like them.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I did it...got a nice little 19...goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

Oddly enough the only wear on it seems to be coming from the safety sticker on the bottom of the box...is that normal?

Posts: 184 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am the
Darkside
Picture of Pistole226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roger roger:
Well I did it...got a nice little 19...goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

Oddly enough the only wear on it seems to be coming from the safety sticker on the bottom of the box...is that normal?

Do you have one of the older tupperware boxes or the newer clam shell style?

"The quick have their sleepwalkers, and so do the dead." Dieter Dengler, Rescue Dawn

Posts: 7787 | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
The damn thing did go away.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AKsRule
posted Hide Post
Thread started March 18, 2009

This post August 13, 2009

Time Elapsed: 149 days

I held out as long as I could Eek - had my FFL order this for me yesterday,
should have it by weekend.

I sorta wish it said "SIG" on the slide though. Wink

---------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Any weapon that requires to be lubed up like a Saigon whore to function properly has serious flaws.

Posts: 2159 | Location: PA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im buying my first carry pistol this weekend. It came down to the P229 vs G19. After about 300 rds through each I was still torn. There were things I really liked about both of them. I know reliability/accuracy/LEO & Military proven, etc is all equal. Looks are subjective. The cost is a non issue, I budgeted myself $1000 for a double stacked compact 9mm shot everything and these are my two faves.

The P229 fits my hand a tad better because of the fuller & rounder frame. But it is taller, bulkier and heavier which will be less comfortable to CW here in AZ. Mags are more expensive and accessories/modifications are both more expensive and less abundant..being that Glock parts are everywhere. I am also a tad more accurate with the 229. Mag cap is plenty with 13+1/15+1/20+1. It also looks much better IMHO and I like steel/alloy frames vs polymer. I know I could beat someone with it if I had to.

The G19 is smaller, lighter, more comfortable to CCW. I can also shoot it noticeably faster than the 229. Everything is cheaper and more abundant. Mag cap is great. 15+1/17+1/19+1/32+1. I dislike the way it recoils more so than the SIG. I am still not sure if I want a polymer pistol. I am not LEO or Military.

Right now I feel about 55% 229 and 45% G19. Is there any other info I should be considering before I make the purchase at Scottsdale Gun Club?

Thank you, I apologize for this long ass post.

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have one of the older tupperware boxes or the newer clam shell style?

It is the tupperware

Posts: 184 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post