SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by adman:
I don't need a Glock. I have a Kahr. Wink
Do you own any real firearms?

Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents! Now I'm hooked.

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A question about the 17L: Was/is the gen 3 produced in colors other than black from the factory?

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Regarding the G17L: the last time through a couple of yrs ago I only saw them being offered in basic black through our usual distributor sources. Glock has been known to make different colors of specific popular models available to select distributors, but nothing was done with the G17L (now again back on hiatus) that I'm aware of.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks. There's a guy locally offering an FDE frame gen 3 17L for trade that he says is from a rare run. Figured I would ask.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a little work done on my G19

very impressed, and i was worried as this was a first for me, but the ergos, and the texture at first handling feels impressive.

found shadow sig on here, and he is very reasonable, in fact best cost for the kind of work he does.

http://www.polymerrefined.com/

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
Got a little work done on my G19

very impressed, and i was worried as this was a first for me, but the ergos, and the texture at first handling feels impressive.

found shadow sig on here, and he is very reasonable, in fact best cost for the kind of work he does.

http://www.polymerrefined.com/

I'm not usually a stippling fan, but that really looks nice.
I'm tempted to buy a Gen 3 G19 and send it to them..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Ok, thanks. There's a guy locally offering an FDE frame gen 3 17L for trade that he says is from a rare run. Figured I would ask.

The 17L uses the standard G17 frame. So they could have swapped in the frame from a factory FDE G17, though the serial numbers on the slide/barrel wouldn't match the serial on the frame in that case.

Otherwise, they likely simply Cerakoted the 17L frame FDE. You can Cerakote a polymer frame any color you want.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rogue. Yeah, the color wasn't a selling point, necessarily. Was tempted to try a trade since I want a 17L and if it was a rare run, I might've been slightly more tempted still.

posted Hide Post
Well we finally bought a Glock. Actually it was for my wife but I did enjoy the range trip with it. Her normal edc is a XDs but she was in the mood for something new and liked the way the little 43 felt.

On top of her Xds for size comparison.

Next to my PPS .40.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it won't be long before you have your very own Wink

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will see. Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
Damn' bought another Glock a Gen 4 G17 with an FDE frame and I have a GEN 2 G17 on layaway. I'm hooked for good this time I think. How can such an ugly gun be such a thing of beauty? Pics will follow by the way.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G30s Friday. Not my first Glock as I've had most of them but sold them a few years ago and went to hammer fired.
Wanted a carry .45 as my HK USP is just to damn big for me to conceal. The 30s fit the bill. Kinda happy I have a Glock again.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
Was looking for a dedicated carry piece, but couldn't decide what to get. I had bought my wife a Shield 9mm because it fits her tiny hands so well, but I just didn't like it all that much. The XDs didn't feel as great as I hoped, and then the Glock 43 felt perfect.

So I rejoined the darkside with a Glock 43. I had a G19 a while back, and I'm already contemplating finding a Gen 4 FDE 19. Hopefully I can finagle it without my wife killing me. Big Grin

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Picked up a G30s Friday. Not my first Glock as I've had most of them but sold them a few years ago and went to hammer fired.
Wanted a carry .45 as my HK USP is just to damn big for me to conceal. The 30s fit the bill. Kinda happy I have a Glock again.

Hoep they come out with a G30s with Gen 4 frame some day.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Put a G19 FDE Gen 4 on layaway with my extra travel money... and bought some cheap Glock OEM mags... just because...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Breaking my pistol buying hiatus, I'd definitely pick up another G19 (black Gen4 this time), if only I could FIND one. All of our usual (and even our UNusual) distributors are out and have lengthy waiting lists. Even the Glock dealer incentive program doesn't have anything available for at least 3 months. Darn it NSW/FBI/LE...why'd y'all have to decide to switch over to Glorps 9s all at the same darn time?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jdavis6576
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Breaking my pistol buying hiatus, I'd definitely pick up another G19 (black Gen4 this time), if only I could FIND one. All of our usual (and even our UNusual) distributors are out and have lengthy waiting lists. Even the Glock dealer incentive program doesn't have anything available for at least 3 months. Darn it NSW/FBI/LE...why'd y'all have to decide to switch over to Glorps 9s all at the same darn time?

I walked into my local shop Friday afternoon and they had three Gen4 19s in stock, two were Talo versions with upgraded sights. When I left they only had the two Talos left because I prefer Trijicon HDs. Wink

"Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped;" - Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 29

Posts: 85 | Location: Somewhere between Manteo and Murphy | Registered: July 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I'm already a bitter old man. Don't need any Tupperware to get me there.

I almost bought one. At the gun shop, tried a 17 and a 19. Tried the trigger and the sights(both which I know would likely get swapped out pretty quickly). But there was a P320 in the same case. The feel and ergonomics just felt better. The trigger was light years ahead. So I came home and started looking for a P320 of my own and have one coming now from a member.

When TLG showed me his Gadget backplate for the Glock a few years back at one of his classes, I thought perhaps I'd by a Glock as it removed my concern about getting something in the trigger as the gun was going back into the holster. I even ordered a couple when he did the crowdfunding to get the project into production. But his health declined and I doubt now that we will see them introduced. And it adds another reason to why I won't own a Glock.

Now if I could come up with the funds for a P220 in 10mm, I'd spend a bit of time in my bunk er a ummm boonker fondling it. Big Grin

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post