SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I bought a G34 slide on GB for my Gen 2 G17..

After a couple range trips the novelty wore off and I sold it on GB.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The G27 was a nasty little thing. I really like my G26 but only the Gen4 fits for me.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
The G27 was a nasty little thing. I really like my G26 but only the Gen4 fits for me.

I owned an early G27, no problem with shooting it,and never had any problems. I carried it IWB, but at the time never found it comfortable to carry , no matter what holster I bought or tried for it.

It was not stable, and no matter which holster, the gun would either ride up or rotate. But at that time, holster designs are not up to the standards they are now.

And the purpose of it was to carry, so I traded it. The G19/23/32 is much easier to carry.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I bought a G34 slide on GB for my Gen 2 G17..

After a couple range trips the novelty wore off and I sold it on GB.. Big Grin

I just did something similar, took one of my G22's and bought a brandy-new G35 top end for it.
Building a dedicated 40cal Limited gun for USPSA and will be way under budget this way.
Parts inbound, can't wait to get it up and running.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I still want a 26. Maybe a 27. Can't decide. Confused

Get a 26 unless you already have a 22 or 23. The 27 is a little beast.

They do make a very nice ankle carry!

Agreed. The only Glock I really don't care for is the 27.

quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Between the 2 I'd go for a G26.
Only reason to have a G27 is to run a G33 barrel in it... Big Grin

Thanks, fellas. Looks like there's one less decision I have to make now. Smile

I'll admit that the G33/G27 combo is interesting. But at this point I think my first Glock will be a 26.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
You will buy another Glock...G19 birthday gift from my wife and boys to go along with my G23 and G43.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

I owned an early G27, no problem with shooting it,and never had any problems. I carried it IWB, but at the time never found it comfortable to carry , no matter what holster I bought or tried for it.

It was not stable, and no matter which holster, the gun would either ride up or rotate. But at that time, holster designs are not up to the standards they are now.

And the purpose of it was to carry, so I traded it. The G19/23/32 is much easier to carry.

I noticed, from carrying the 26 and 19, is that the 26 sits more stable in a deeper carry holster, where the belt line is right under the trigger guard. Deeper ride height allows more of the gun to be held in and not so top heavy and tend to flop around.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

I noticed, from carrying the 26 and 19, is that the 26 sits more stable in a deeper carry holster, where the belt line is right under the trigger guard. Deeper ride height allows more of the gun to be held in and not so top heavy and tend to flop around.

If you try carrying the 26 in a 17 length holster it might help out a little bit. I don't usually carry a sub-compact, but when I do I use a 17 length holster and it helps mitigate the top heaviness (I carry AIWB though so it might not work as effectively IWB).

www.mastermindtactics.com

Posts: 70 | Registered: March 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ooooops I guess I did it again. Add another Gen4 Glock 17 to the list. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Negative. I've tried several times to convince myself to procure one but they just don't do it for me.

Posts: 21 | Registered: December 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should schedule a therapy session for you to see if we can discover the source of these troubling, conflicted feelings you have about Glocks.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My Gen 4 G19 is enroute, my mags will have a gun to play with soon...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
$10 G17 triggers, $15 RSA's, $20 magz, holsters and sights out the yang. Be careful they multiply. First it's the 19, then a 26, then a 17, 34, 43......

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My Gen 4 G19 is enroute, my mags will have a gun to play with soon...

I got one about a month ago after carrying a 239 for about 18 years

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
$10 G17 triggers, $15 RSA's, $20 magz, holsters and sights out the yang. Be careful they multiply. First it's the 19, then a 26, then a 17, 34, 43......

Yep, the damn things are worst than potato chips.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Bought a G40 MOS 10mm last week to go with my G20 SF 10mm and my G35 .40 S&W.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Worse? That depends. I like potato chips. Big Grin

After a bit of horse trading a NIB G4 G19 in proper black made it home yesterday. Makes it numero cinco in my lifetime, with four still in the safe. Today it was treated to 300rds of assorted 115gr and 124gr ball; ran just like a Glock 19 should. Right now I'm undecided on what I plan on changing; with how well I shot today the temptation is to leave it basically stock, with the only change to the sights. Very uncharacteristic of me I have to admit, but it was a very good day on the range. It's indeed immensely satisfying when a pistol just works so damn right straight out of the box.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
^ The Gen 4 is quite good, isn't it? My gray framed Gen 4 19 is the first Glock I've owned where I have wondered to myself whether I should change it out to a smooth-faced trigger, it's that good out of the box. It's been four months and I still haven't changed it, but it's got night sights and a light! I guess that says something. Big Grin

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Worse? That depends. I like potato chips. Big Grin

After a bit of horse trading a NIB G4 G19 in proper black made it home yesterday. Makes it numero cinco in my lifetime, with four still in the safe.....

You make my point, one is just not enough! Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post