SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
I bought a sizable quantity of hard to find 9mm ammo before I bought a Glock 19. It didn't really feel like I was doing things in the wrong order. I've since been catching up on the magazine inventory.
9x19 fits all sorts of pistols. G19 magazines fit in a couple of Glocks.

I don't find it odd that someone buys magazines before a pistol. What I find odd is buying freaking thirty magazines before purchasing the pistol they fit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
I bought a sizable quantity of hard to find 9mm ammo before I bought a Glock 19. It didn't really feel like I was doing things in the wrong order. I've since been catching up on the magazine inventory.
9x19 fits all sorts of pistols. G19 magazines fit in a couple of Glocks.

I don't find it odd that someone buys magazines before a pistol. What I find odd is buying freaking thirty magazines before purchasing the pistol they fit. Roll Eyes

The G19 will likely be around for years to come and easy to source. 15 round G19 mags may be much harder to find in the near future depending on which way elections go.
In the same respect that I tell friends and family to buy AR lowers as opposed to barrels and LPKS, the parts may disappear for a brief moment but the lowers could go away indefinitely, at least at the current price.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please tell me all about it as I know nothing about Glocks.

posted Hide Post
Should a 34 be in my future, as i have a 26, 19 and now a 17.

Do most feel it's meant for competition shooting mainly?

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In that case, you will need 120 magazines.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:

34 is my favorite of the bunch. I much prefer it over the 19, but I also like the 17 over the 19 as well. Must be all those years toting 226 that makes the 17 seem easily concealable and compact.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:

Would make a nice nightstand gun too. Wink

I know a few folks who IWB carry a 34/35. Hell, for awhile I IWB'd my M&P Pro - just because. Big Grin

I have the same 26/19/17 combo as well and feel the urge to snag a 34 at some point.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Please tell me all about it as I know nothing about Glocks.

No doubt. You are the choir Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. Perfect nightstand gun. It's 1911 sized, almost exactly. Balances fine. Get a holster for the 17 and try carrying it. Carries great in the winter months.

You won't feel satisfied until you have all their 9's. Some don't like the 43 but with the 34, well it uses 17 magz.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm down to just a G26 as I sold the 17 and AR that used Glock mags. As for mags I have 2-10, 7-12, 15-17, 20-33rd for it. Heck I've only got 30 mags for my 3-P226s. I'm just a mag whore. May have to buy another G26.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have the 43, 26, 19, 17, and recently a gen 4 34 and of all of them the 34 feels the best to me. I can see this gun easily replacing my G17 for competition and even becoming my nightstand gun. It's that great!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wwp512
posted Hide Post
I sold my first Glock, G17, bad mistake!

When I started to re-acquire Glocks, its 19,26,34,21sf.

34 is my favorite, followed by 21sf.

Posts: 304 | Location: NM USA | Registered: September 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Page 400? I knew this thread when it was a mere pup. Smile

I have a half dozen or so Magpul G19 mags. I actually like them pretty well for a training mag.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I still want a 26. Maybe a 27. Can't decide. Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

Get a 26 unless you already have a 22 or 23. The 27 is a little beast.

They do make a very nice ankle carry!

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

Get a 26 unless you already have a 22 or 23. The 27 is a little beast.

They do make a very nice ankle carry!

Agreed. The only Glock I really don't care for is the 27.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Brought home a Glock 19MOS last week and mounted a Burris FastFire III on it today. Looking forward to the range

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Between the 2 I'd go for a G26.
Only reason to have a G27 is to run a G33 barrel in it... Big Grin

I bought a G27 barrel for my G33, just in case the ammo dried up again..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sure the G34 was designed more for competition but it is just as easy to conceal as a G17. I carry a gun everyday and 90% of the time it's my 34 under a t shirt. I switched the extended mag release for the standard and that's about it. Heres mine in a R Grizzle T&C2. I received this holster from one of Ryans karma drawings. Ryans work is not just a work of art but it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. It just proves that with a quality holster and belt, you can easily carry a full size gun.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Page 400? I knew this thread when it was a mere pup. Smile

I have a half dozen or so Magpul G19 mags. I actually like them pretty well for a training mag.

Bit of drift, but I have a couple of the PMAG 17's and the one thing that I don't care for is the fact that they only have one witness hole at 17. This makes a difference when loading for a competition like IDPA where you need to load specific number of rounds. The baseplates do come off a hell of a lot easier than the OEM glock mags for maintenance and cleaning.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post